It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Jupiters? It the hologram broken?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It started with Jupiter...
Then Sirius...
Then last night it was finally a clear sky and I discovered it is all of them, or at least it was. We will cross our fingers and hope for another clear night to find some sort of confirmation, albeit only visual.

For several days I have noticed that when I look at Jupiter I see two things. It cannot be possible that I am seeing its moons, but clearly it is there. That is why I am writing this thread. 3 days ago I pointed it out to my skeptic leaning bandmate and he witnessed it too, along with my sister, nephew, brother, and my two sons. I want you ALL to go outside tonight and look.

Start with Jupiter because it is most noticeable and easy to locate as it is very prominent in the sky. Face toward the south if you are in the Northern Hemisphere and find the Moon. That really bright one to the left of the Moon is Jupiter it is the biggest thing out there so you should see it easily with the naked eye. At first it's a bright blur but notice it has a V shaped flare to its bottom left, keep looking and you will see the seperation. It looks like two things side by side. Now look to you right or to the west side of the Moon not to far and you will see Sirius, it is second brightest after Jupiter. Use the same technique but now the V flare and seperation are to its bottom right. Keep going west or to your right and you run into the three distinct stars of Orion's Belt. Same thing bottom right. Keep going it seems at about due North the V flare has moved slowly around from bottom right to directly below, moving to the bottom left as you complete your 360* survey of the sky. Now the big guy, yep even the moon has a slight offset image of itself.

You see I do not believe it is actually 2 things, it is simply a reflection off the atmosphere, or particulates from persistent contrails, along with weather modification aerosols up there. A reflection off the Firmament, the holographic sky generator is offset and needs adjustment like one of those old style Big Screen TVs?! I don't know what it is or what is causing it, but I do know that it is a new phenomenon that is repeated night after night now for at least a week, that I have been watching. I know the credo pics or it didn't happen or even better pics and it is cgi. How do we know who or what to believe about anything. It all comes down to that one cryptic word, Believe. An iPhone is not capable of capturing it, I tried and do not have a better camera. What I do have is a long relationship of some of the smartest researchers and sleuths ever assembled. I have a million eyes that can all pause and look at the stars tonight and see what you find. Maybe it is just about the Metroplex of North Texas and I need to find better air, just the south, just the US? Who knows what we will find.

As you guys may notice, I do not start threads often at all. I did this time because I want some answers, I want to know how far this goes and what the root cause really is. I researched and listed several options as to what I though it could be, I would like to hear other opinions and ideas and I know I can count on you guys! Thanks In Advance!

Whoo! I wrote Naked and was able to keep writing without adding a joke! Does that mean I'm finally growing up?! Nooo!!!!
edit on 15-4-2016 by wastedown because: Grammar nazi evasion

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

You can see Callisto, but you would need hide Jupiter with something....like your hand whatever

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yes it moves very slowly but that would not be likely because of its wandering nature it is not in the same spot every ight, and this 2nd that I am talking about is in the same spot relative to its partner every night. Not just that, it is all of them, ALL, the entire sky. I used Jupiter as a starting point because it is easy to find, and what I am hoping for with this topic is to get everyone outside looking with their own eyes and reporting back with their findings. Some sort of conformation that it isn't just my eyes or only above my area of the planet.

I do appreciate the idea and rapid response Smurfy! I knew the input would flow.. Johnny 5 alive! Need more input!!!

a reply to: smurfy

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I can't help but ask.. are you using binoculars? I've been observing jupiter nightly among other things (most recently last night) and have noticed nothing of the sort.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I have the same question as Sponge above me - are you using binoculars or a telescope? I haven't noticed anything just with my eyes and i have 20/10 LASIK Supervision™

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Without pics of what your talking about no one here is going to believe you, and even then it's ify.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

hi - due to time . energy and weather - the last time i got to stargaze was 10th APRIL 2016

I only had my spotting scope - and no camera - but got good views of quite a bit of stuff

and i observed nothing that perturbed me

but to follow on - thousands of astromoners world wide set thier scopes up every night - and the reports of anomiloies have been - ZERO

so are thiey " missing ` it ` " , part of a global consiracy - or are you mistaken ?

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I haven't noticed anything just with my eyes and i have 20/10 LASIK Supervision™

Not to derail the thread but that is the best advertisement for LASIK I've ever seen lol.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You are not the only one who saw this. Just a few nights ago me and my wife saw the same thing. I just figured i was seeing one of its moons as well though. I thought that was shocking as i was looking through an old set of high powered binoculars. I really don't know what I was seeing but me and my wife both know it was there as we both saw it. Oh and by the way it's not because of the binocular effect as I even closed one eye and still saw the same thing. We are either seeing one of Jupiter's moons or a star behind it in the distance that is almost lined up with it but it is there. No doubt in that. Was even checking Google sky map while I was looking. reply to: wastedown

edit on 15-4-2016 by DarkStarRising because: post script

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I gotta tell you, I had a period last year when I was working graves in a machine shop. I went outside for a smoke and was startled to see that almost every star or planet had a double. I called my guys over and none of them could see what i saw. One helpfully told me to see my optometrist. Turns out, it was eyestrain.

I hope you figure it out.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I can look tonight. We should have clear skies. I'm assuming telescope? Refractor or reflector?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
No, as I said Naked eye. I am not asking anyone to believe anything. I am asking you to go outside tonight and look at the sky exactly as I described and report back with your findings. a reply to: [post=20608048]SpongeBeard[

We are on page one and some one else and his wife noticed the same thing, so the pics or it didn't happen crowd or the flat out deniers who are sitting at your keyboards making judgements can either get up and go look then report back or just shove it and move along. If you don't care to participate in the manner I lined out that is fine too, move along. If you do go look and look hard exactly as described and see nothing, great! Come back and tell me, along with what part of the world you are in so I can put a pin in a map and try to figure this out. I look at the sky every night, from pretty much the same position and know it very well and this is new to me. Maybe others have noticed too and we can figure it out together.

Only 7:00pm here my sun will be setting soon and I will let you guys know what I see tonight.

It is in the glare of the Star or planet you are looking at. You will see a flare that is rather straight toward the bottom of the point of light. The seperation is very minimal but is consistent from one point to the next, meaning they all have the same effect.

When I was young I wore glasses but just stopped wearing them a few years ago. Now I pass my drivers eye exam and no longer have a restriction requiring corrective lenses to drive. My bandmate who saw it too had lasic, so look with your naked eye huh uh huh naked

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Naked eye but if you have gear see what you see and document what you can. Thanks!a reply to: Rosinitiate

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Unless it is contagious eyestrain I do think that explains how everybody that I have stood there with and pointed it out to all see it too. But thanks for the reply! Im sure with a little ATS elbow grease we will figure something out or come out even more confused, I'm hoping for the first option.
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

No I saw it too.

I could clearly see Jupiter and Mars in the ecliptic plane. Towards the south however, I saw closer to the horizon but still fairly high up 3 bright "stars". They were white orange, and rivaled the brightness of Jupiter easily. After 10 minutes the objects had not moved more than a planet would in the sky in that time.

Honestly have no idea what it could have been, but it's interesting that you saw the same thing.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
If you can divulge what part of the world your secret facility is it would be appreciated, I realize you might have to kill me after but hey, sometimes you gotta take a risk. Just to see if there is maybe something to do with being near a big city or something. That is the kind of info I am hoping to get even if it is contrary to what I noticed so again, thank you! It helps.

a reply to: SpongeBeard

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Thousands of astronomers miss things all the time, seriously all the time. What if it is only visible in certain areas or under certain conditions, or only to the naked eye? What if it is so new that 100 top guys have noticed it and want to develop an explanation or some answers before they tell us all what it is? So, if you didn't quite get it from that I am not quite ready to admit I am mistaken OR that there is some grand conspiracy. Hence the Grey Area and the desire for information. Are you ready to admit you replied without actually following through with what I asked people to do? If you don't care to participate that is fine. If you do, please report back with your actual findings and I will surely attempt to compile it all into some semblance to an answer. That is the hope anyway. Thanks!
a reply to: ignorant_ape

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Thanks! A general area would also be great! The US is fine but a state or area of a state even better or whatever way people care to describe where on Earth you look at the sky from. So maybe I can get enough to mark it out on a map... Thanks again!!! a reply to: OneGoal

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm on the treasure coast of Florida and looking directly at Jupiter I see exactly what your talking about. First it looked like a cross but after staring for about 20 seconds it definitely looks like a V. Wish I had a telescope. Ill try and get a good pic to put up

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Ok, the sun is just now setting and the half moon is about in the position of the 12:00 noon sun. No stars have blinked into view yet but I can already see that the image of the moon is offset from itself by a very small amount on its South and west edge from my perspective and I am facing to the South. It is like a light glow but only on the side that is lit up the other edge is crisp and clear. Exactly like a projector that one of the color disks are slightly off set so the person or image has a copy of itself in green on one side of the image. There is no color effect to the moon and stars just like there is a reflection of itself just slightly offset. That is it for now... I will watch for awhile and update this post tomorrow morning in depth. I might pop in again before falling asleep but cannot promise I will. Thank you all who are participating! I look forward to hearing about what your sky looked like tonight!

Best regards, LuCky

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join