It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Earthquake in Japan 7.1 magnitude

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MCL1150
M7.4 - NEAR THE COAST OF ECUADOR now! What is going on here?!

I don't know half as much as others here but logic would dictate that when you have one considerable EQ in a sensitive zone this is likely to have an affect on nearby faults, especially those with enough pressure built up to cause a considerable movement.

If the Ecuadorian fault was already in a position to go, one shift in another area could trigger it.

That's why I'm specifically concerned about California right now. We know that pressure has built in the region and we're all waiting for the big one to happen. In the same way EQ's can trigger Volcanic eruptions in certain areas we should expect that considerable movement in one area might travel along faults in a chain reaction to another sensitive area.

I don't follow all of this as closely as others do, but there seems to be a lot going on in Alaska today. If there is increased activity in both Alaska and along the Nazca plate then I would suggest we should be paying close attention to other known spots along those lines heading toward California.

I also saw it mentioned that the Pacific Plate moved by some considerable distance (we're talking 25cm or so, which might not seem to be much but when magnified further beneath could be far more significant), and upward too. It's reasonable to believe that such a movement could have either a good or bad corresponding sympathetic movement on the West coast. It could increase the pressure, or reduce it. It could allow for a release of energy which has been building up for a long time or render the potential for that large Quake to be reduced.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: sylent6
a reply to: seattlerat

Didn't someone made a prediction that a quake would hit Asia within 48hrs and that was two days ago?

If I recall correctly, then there was someone who said that at the 19th April a major earthquake will happen, though somewhere in North America or so. So still something to go. I can't remember which topic that was though...

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join