It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Earthquake in Japan 7.1 magnitude

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

You gotta hate that ring of fire, it picks on Japan all the time.

I'm sure the folk will be prepared- after all this is the nation the spawned the term Tsunami so they know what to expect and have even built tsunami warning stones that are more than a century old.

At the edge of Aneyoshi, a small village on Japan’s northeastern coast, a 10-foot-tall stone tablet stands, carved with a dire warning to locals."High dwellings are the peace and harmony of our descendants," the rock slab says. "Remember the calamity of the great tsunamis. Do not build any homes below this point."

While the Aneyoshi tablet might be the most straightforward, so-called “tsunami stones” dot Japan’s coastline, warning the carvers’ descendants to seek high ground after earthquakes in case they foreshadow destructive waves.

Let us hope that people get the warnings and make for high ground-even if it's a false alarm it's better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the japan quake was a weapon named HAARP advance earth shaking ions theory.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
They're really not having a great year so far are they, terrible.
I don't know what my reaction would be to something like that, the most we've ever had here is a little tremor at 2 in the morning a few years ago.

The science is so confusing too, it's almost impossible to say whether this is an increasing risk for certain areas or whether it's just a coincidentally active time.

I have to say though, without looking at the data, it certainly seems as though regularity and ferocity of EQ's is increasing.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It seems the Tsunami warnings have been lifted now, but there is damage and people trapped, with water supplies broken,

earthquake-report.com...

Some video, FF to 2.50.

edit on 15-4-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Didn't someone made a prediction that a quake would hit Asia within 48hrs and that was two days ago?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Its happened before that japan has had a few BIG quakes in a row then Calif get a big one in the next year.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well at least all the Nuclear power plant's are off line. Except (1)

Here's an interesting article that give's that info.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
Well at least all the Nuclear power plant's are off line. Except (1)

Here's an interesting article that give's that info.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

I read earlier that this is the region where the only 2 operational Nuclear Power plants are, all the rest across mainland Japan are shut down. I'm pretty sure that said 2 were running on this island but that both were stable and working normally.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
There's a live feed here of the aftermath currently showing in Japan. They seem to be focussing mostly on one building, I assume that might be because there's a rescue effort underway there as it looks like an apartment building pancaked.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
On the news they just indicated that the other quakes were prequakes to the 7 but are we sure there isn't a bigger one coming?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Man the Japanese are really taking it up the chin with these earthquakes

Somebody has to I guess

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ChloeTTR

There was another earthquake early Saturday morning. It was a 5.4 quake in southern Japan's Kyushu Island.
edit on 4/16/2016 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

They were saying the 6.4 the other day was most likely a foreshock and a big one was coming let's hope this is the big one and that it isn't yet another foreshock because at 7.4 and if it is only a foreshock then the big one will be huge

True. They did say there would be aftershocks for a week. It is possible for aftershocks to be bigger or that what what we have seen are only foreshocks.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Dozens killed, the region swaying every hour

The aftershocks could hamper rescue efforts as emergency workers attempt to pull people trapped in the rubble. TV Asahi showed crews crawling over a collapsed roof in an attempt to find an elderly couple.

100 evacuation centers have opened and the red cross has treated over 1,000 people.

The damage is in the billions. My thoughts and prayers with the residents.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
worried about them. This is feeling more and more like a leadup than a tapering off.Nature has an amazing way of making people feel helpless and reminding us who is still in charge.

link   
pete
edit on 16-4-2016 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

link   
repeat
edit on 16-4-2016 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
M7.4 - NEAR THE COAST OF ECUADOR now! What is going on here?! a reply to: seattlerat

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MCL1150
M7.4 - NEAR THE COAST OF ECUADOR now! What is going on here?! a reply to: seattlerat

Earthquakes. They occur on an ongoing basis.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
It's been revised to a 7.4. Wow... Tsunami warning. I pray they are able to get to higher ground. Those poor people!

I think there's going to be another quake that's even bigger soon.

Oh, gosh...A 7.8 in Ecuador. I was worried about Japan getting a bigger one.

Terrible news. I feel for all who have lost family, friends and homes. Earthquakes frighten me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join