It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Rights Hypocrisy: Bryan Adams boycotts Mississippi, has no problem doing shows in Egypt

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I really try to distance myself from those who consider feces a condiment ........... And I make no apology... !!

Huh??

Who are you talking about???

What does that even mean???

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Lets not play coy.... Brian and those who subscribe to this gay lifestyle...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Lets not play coy.... Brian and those who subscribe to this gay lifestyle...

Ahhh. Ok. So you're just a homophobe idiot who thinks being gay means you also eat feces as a condiment. Gotcha.

Because that's the thinking of a mature adult human being with an understanding of the world.

You need not say anymore. Good luck with that. I'm sure you'll go far.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think you have made your position quite clear, let the audience decide....

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Dumb idiot. The only people He is hurting are His fans. I on the other hand could care less about what He believes as long as it doesn't affect My rights.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

They have. Does Custer ring a bell? But people still have to go there anyway.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Ya, I think my opinion is pretty clear, as is yours. I'd be happy to detail it out more should anyone like me to though.

I don't know who this audience is you're talking about or what they are deciding either. In any case, I doubt I'd care much anyway.

If I were you I'd think less about what the audience thinks and try doing some thinking yourself about your perceptions of people. Because if you actually believe being gay means you eat feces as a condiment you're mentally challenged. If you think being gay means taking part in any activity that differs from what straight couples to with each other your just plain ignorant.

It's your choice of course if you like restricting your thinking to such incorrect ideas but I think you're capable of more if you try. And that's coming from someone who puts very little confidence in humanity overall.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Well, it's not illegal in Egypt but obviously there is discrimination going on. Isn't Egypt still under military rule after over throwing the Muslim Brotherhood? Imagine what life would be like there if they were still in power.

That said, I don't care that he performs there but I do care that he holds a US state to a higher standard who created a law to discriminate. Shocking that the South is trying to take a step backwards instead of forward.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

neither does it give the government the power to pay for the maternity care to bring kids into the world, so just where is your argument going? do you want the gov't to help poor women the care to bring them into the world, or should we just let these women, and their babies go unattended?

there are very valid medical reasons why some women should have birth control..

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Egyptians are not white Christian men, they are a protected class.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
He'd rather see the pyramids than watch boats in the Mississippi river. He is like Bono, pushing agendas all the way, if it makes the highlights, even better, and yes, he is Canadian but i'm sure his career wouldn't be where it is right now, if he made no success in the USA... Hypocrite.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

if you are allowed to deny basic rights to one group, no matter how small they are, then well, the next group that is denied might just be one that you are a member of!!!
and it seems that religion has tried to deny quite a few groups their basic rights over the centuries, all using their holy scriptures in defense to do so!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Acidx

Seriously. As a middle aged white American Male myself. Please stop whining for the poor White Men in the world. It's making us look bad and weak.

I'm not saying we're all privileged or have it easier than everyone else either. But this crying about how the white man is no longer of value today or given respect has to stop. We'd earn some respect by stopping the crybaby sh*t about how bad we have it now.

That whole meme isn't helping us out any.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: olaru12

Bryan Adams is a businessman. He has the right to ply his trade however and wherever he see's fit.

It's called capitalism....

You got a problem with that?

Nope. You are absolutely correct. That's his right. Just like I have the right to never listen to another song of his again. Just like I have not listened to the Dixie Chicks for a long time.
If more people understood that, there would be fewer problems.

After they bashed Dubya? We had a big CD burning down here after all that, lol... Everyone showed up to 101.1 KRMD, a country radio station, and we all threw our Dixie Chick CDs in a big pile and lit them on fire.

Well, that's not backwards or medieval.

I get it now. Boycott people that don't share your political PoV. Would you guys have boycotted Zepp 4(Zoso, or Stairway to Heaven) if they hadn't supported your political viewpoint?

Yep bub civilized people protest by not buying crap they don't like. I dont see your argument here.

You are attacking his beliefs, i think puting my dick in a man is backwards too. What about people burning american flags because they dont like america are they(muslims) medieval? Nope; they are modern people protesting right?

You need to calm down with your anti-american rhetoric.

(post by Plotus removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Sorry man, the load of crosses aren't ready for Martyr Hour. How disappointing. That said, read what Swills posted above. If you can't see the difference between Egypt and what Miss SHOULD be doing, as it is part of a union that claims human rights advancement, then one is stuck in their own bigotry. Religious or otherwise.

Got a problem with Iran's theocracy? Why promote one in the States? Bet THAT doesn't get attention. Uncomfortable facts tend to be ignored here.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Annee

Bryan Adams is a businessman. He has the right to ply his trade however and wherever he see's fit.

Ohhhhh, now it's called capitalism and the freedom to ply his trade ... funny how that doesn't wash when the bakers and photographers were saying that. Then it was all about no having the right to do that discriminate in their service because they are businesses ....

He is denying all to a concert. Not picking and choosing who can come.

Accept all or deny all - - - that's the difference between this and the "cake and photog".

Really, so if a gay person marries a straight one, does the same baker deny them still? If the gay person just comes in and buys a cake, are they being denied simply because they are gay?

This still goes over your head. It ISN'T about the gay person being gay. It's about the Christian not wanting to participate in sacrilege against their conscience.

You can say all you want that Christ served sinners. He did; it's true, but he did not participate in their sins while doing so.

So when Jesus multiplied the loaves and fishes, did he identify the gay couples and tell them they couldn't have any?

Was the baker asked to participate in gay sex, or was he asked to bake a cake?

Your argument makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Whatever man. Do what you want.

But nothing you said there helped explain anything just so you know.

Lord of Nothing means exactly what it says. How that would imply anything about my masculinity I have no idea.

Peace to you too guy. Good luck to you.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

Ohhhhh, now it's called capitalism and the freedom to ply his trade ... funny how that doesn't wash when the bakers and photographers were saying that. Then it was all about no having the right to do that discriminate in their service because they are businesses ....

Accept all or deny all - - - that's the difference between this and the "cake and photog".

Really, so if a gay person marries a straight one, does the same baker deny them still? If the gay person just comes in and buys a cake, are they being denied simply because they are gay?

This still goes over your head. It ISN'T about the gay person being gay. It's about the Christian not wanting to participate in sacrilege against their conscience.

You can say all you want that Christ served sinners. He did; it's true, but he did not participate in their sins while doing so.

So when Jesus multiplied the loaves and fishes, did he identify the gay couples and tell them they couldn't have any?

I highly doubt gays were making out in the front row when Jesus was speaking. If they were he would have healed them, not starved them.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

I highly doubt gays were making out in the front row when Jesus was speaking. If they were he would have healed them, not starved them.

Interesting analogy. Since it was recorded that Christ healed lepers, demonic possession, death etc, wuoldn't you think it would have been mentioned? NO WHERE were gays mentioned. It WAS recorded that he had a BIG problem with the Clergy of the time. Wouldn't you call that interesting too?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join