It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Rights Hypocrisy: Bryan Adams boycotts Mississippi, has no problem doing shows in Egypt

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: jjkenobi

Bryan Adams is a businessman. He has the right to ply his trade however and wherever he see's fit.

It's called capitalism....

You got a problem with that?

Nope. You are absolutely correct. That's his right. Just like I have the right to never listen to another song of his again. Just like I have not listened to the Dixie Chicks for a long time.
If more people understood that, there would be fewer problems.

After they bashed Dubya? We had a big CD burning down here after all that, lol... Everyone showed up to 101.1 KRMD, a country radio station, and we all threw our Dixie Chick CDs in a big pile and lit them on fire.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Annee

No, LGBT is an identifier and a moniker.

NO

Ok, I'm convinced... Kiddin. Have a good weekend, and try not to let any laws you disagree with bother you too bad.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: jjkenobi

Bryan Adams is a businessman. He has the right to ply his trade however and wherever he see's fit.

It's called capitalism....

You got a problem with that?

Nope. You are absolutely correct. That's his right. Just like I have the right to never listen to another song of his again. Just like I have not listened to the Dixie Chicks for a long time.
If more people understood that, there would be fewer problems.

After they bashed Dubya? We had a big CD burning down here after all that, lol... Everyone showed up to 101.1 KRMD, a country radio station, and we all threw our Dixie Chick CDs in a big pile and lit them on fire.

Well, that's not backwards or medieval.

I get it now. Boycott people that don't share your political PoV. Would you guys have boycotted Zepp 4(Zoso, or Stairway to Heaven) if they hadn't supported your political viewpoint?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

So it's ok if it's legal and/or "culturally acceptable"?

Is what ok??

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Ah, well I'll give you the definition of "bigot" as defined here in America.

Bigot - a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

So again, in America, where this all took place, Adams is a bigot.

Forcing your beliefs on others is progressive in the political brand sense, and something Americans have grown sick of dealing with.

If you have Google, I'd suggest you Google "bigot definition." Lemme know if it says "forcing your beliefs on others." Lol

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

By burning their CDs? You'd have a point if we forced others to burn their CDs. This was all voluntary on behalf of the people that purchased their own. You'd have an argument if they forced us to burn their CDs because we had different views.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Yep. Do the math and you realize that the odds of a encountering a sexual predator are far more likely than your odds of encountering a true transgender, but we are supposed to ignore that, just like we ignore that fact that safe toilets for women is a UN Human Rights issue for most of the rest of the world because they can't keep men out of them.

Looks like we're taking a step back with these laws in order to satisfy a percent of a percent of our population rather then coming up with a better solution which surely must exist.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Forcing your beliefs on others is progressive in the political brand sensel

You DO know saying something doesn't make it true, right? Have you noticed this topic(or any others involving abortion, immigrants, etc)? It's Miss. promoting laws that discriminate. That's not forcing your beliefs on others?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Is anyone forcing you to be gay or LGBT?..I bet not. Only offending sensibilities..get over it.
Burning cd's...lmfao
edit on 15-4-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Doesn't answer my post at all. Nice obfuscation though. 7 out of 10.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Forcing your beliefs on others is progressive in the political brand sensel

You DO know saying something doesn't make it true, right? Have you noticed this topic(or any others involving abortion, immigrants, etc)? It's Miss. promoting laws that discriminate. That's not forcing your beliefs on others?

No, it very much IS forcing your beliefs.

If I believe that life begins at conception (I don't exactly personally but some do), then forcing them to pay for contraception for others is forcing them to participate in murder, even if you aren't forcing them to use it.

If you believe abortion to be the killing of another human, then forcing someone to pay for it is forcing them to participate in that killing even if they aren't getting it.

Now, you may not believe those things so you see no problem with paying for others to have those services if they likewise believe as you do, but when you vote for policies that force others who believe otherwise to help provide those things against their conscience, then you very much ARE forcing your beliefs on them, forcing them to act in accordance with what you believe to suit what you would prefer society to be like ... a society that operates in accordance with your morality, leaving no room for their own.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't see the point. Many would claim that the gov't spends far too much on the military(Nth degree more than contraception and abortion). Who's opinion is more valid?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

They also pay for Wars and Police killings and every other type of killing which is supported with their money too but they have no issue with any of those and often encourage more of them.

Which is why allowing people to just do whatever they hell they want or don't want based on personal belief is not an intelligent way to organize a society where Everyone is going to have personal beliefs that are going to be different.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Yep. Do the math and you realize that the odds of a encountering a sexual predator are far more likely than your odds of encountering a true transgender,

Based on what???

Because I have no doubt you, me and everyone here as had encounters with transgender people way more often than we have sexual predators. If it was the other way around I'm sure we would have noticed.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I don't see the point. Many would claim that the gov't spends far too much on the military(Nth degree more than contraception and abortion). Who's opinion is more valid?

In the US COTUS, national defense is an ennumerated power making it a government responsibility. Birth control is not.

But this underscores the need for personal liberty. If the government did not have the power to force us all into this, then it wouldn't matter what you believed about birth control or abortion anymore than it would matter what I believed.

But of course, you big government types don't even think about this and you are dismayed when the pendulum swings back and those you despise use the power of the governments you build in ways you didn't think about.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Considering true transgerism is about 0.3% of the overall population and according to the rabid people on the Rape Culture thread 1 in 5 women are raped and 90% never report their rapes (bogus stats but they use them)?

You tell me which is more likely to occur.

And the true number of women who are raped is more like 1 in 52. Even so, that still says you are more likely to encounter a sexual predator than a transgender.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

In the US COTUS, national defense is an ennumerated power making it a government responsibility. Birth control is not.

Then why did the legislative branch of the Federal gov't decide this over 40 years ago.... and those that don't like it continue on a failed argument after all this time?

But of course, you big government types don't even think about this and you are dismayed when the pendulum swings back and those you despise use the power of the governments you build in ways you didn't think about.

That is just completely childish. Expected but childish.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

You mean just in general??? I see what you're saying. Well, ya, probably so.

But that's because sexual predators outnumber transgender people greatly.

So what you're saying is.......what are you saying???? I'm lost I think.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I think there is a difference between being a bigot who is personally intolerant of others opinions and a bigot who passes legislation removing the civil rights of a group of people.

Maybe not technically or by definition, but certainly ethically and on principle. Adams backed out of a show in the state that denied everyone his performance that had tickets. That included people who do and don't support Miss. law. It was his choice and it was done equally against all who purchased tickets. He didn't just not perform for the Bigots or the Homophobes.

Miss. is targeting a group of people with these laws. That by definition is discrimination. At least Adams treated everyone in the state of Miss. equally with his decision.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I really try to distance myself from those who consider feces a condiment ........... And I make no apology... !!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join