It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Young Men Need To Be Taught

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

In my early twenties I was a janitor at the Nike whq. Across the board, the people I cleaned up after were upper middle class. Unbearable people, come to think about it. Once a couple "hot girls" (office drones) put a bouquet of plastic roses on one of their coworkers desks addressed from me. Not an honest practical joke. I was disrespected and made to look a fool. Even as they giggled as walked by, I said nothing.

The women's stalls were routinely worse than men's, and this was on different floors in separate buildings. I'm talking about menstruation and feces smeared onto walls...absolutely foul. Not to paint too broadly, but I still get a chuckle whenever I see the men = bad, women = good portrayal. What a load.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial

I was a sanitation engineer and know what you mean about ladies rooms... public toilet slang: hover rounds. because sanitation of other ladies ho ho oh oh no no's may be questionable. I personally avoid crapping in public, aside from having a filthy ass in public bidet the western world hasnt embraced you yet sadly... but yeah, from that engineering job, to well working in actual engineering as white colar, golf club every other tuesday, polo shirts from Macys and damned if Greg Norman doesnt have a nice line of slacks, of course upon seeing the other staff on catered half day Friday standing stuffing their gaping maws at the non top secret clearance warehouse workers blur collaring it from the cushy second floor? My free gourmet coffee ceased being so sweet with the 50s trope sexist environment, of course some baileys in that coffee got me moving up the ranks quick but no on or under the desk scandals from such unprofessional elists nonsense.

So one day after being dragged through the entire office by a twit that wanted to bark at me about resizing a design in a viewport so save paper and not split the image between two sheets to slide together... in that board room I said I did not explode the drawing nor rescale it... she hung her lame out of date head on the way back im sure her face matched the pink and purple line weights on her CAD desktop um yeah she didnt know line weights were color based either, wonder what tire she pumped up around there. Needless to say I gathered my things and walked out right after with a smile on my face to be done with that whole climb the ladder nonsense, especially when theres a grape ape several rungs up to donkey kong barrels at you so jump mario jump... but nah I blue turtle shelled that kart and have come out better and better; with a resolve of not giving up. That turned into seeing we all share similar nonsense, and empathy said hey there is a better way, and now I point by saying whats your passion, what were all of your passions that you gave up in order to "grow up"? Was it worth losing yourself and simplicity over?

Of course; there are the pissed off sort that see this clearly and resent the responsibilities theyve made or regret a whole lot... when it is easy to turn that ship around with a different perspective with some effort and catching a better wind. Than being on preprogrammed autopilot some ships being leaky sinking and 1000s of years old with a recording going she can make it to shore el crappy tan stay on deck or keep getting coffee in the lounge cause youve earned it, by running the routine others chose for you to run.

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join