It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does basically everyone think they can make a deal with the devil and win?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The Republicans admit in many different ways that their whole charade of a primary process is indeed a charade:

RNC member: "rule was designed to prevent Ron Paul delegates...from being counted"

Republican National Committee member on nomination process: “This is the greatest hoax ever.”

PredictIt: 73% chance of a GOP brokered convention, Rubio is the key figure

Facts such as the above do not matter to many though. Case in point...

www.youtube.com...

That's the typical story. Basically everyone seems to think they will be the one to win their deal with the devil.

Why is that? Why does virtually everyone think they're different, their deal with the devil be the one time that someone wins?
edit on 15-4-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
2 things come to mind.

1. Pride.

2. People are great at noticing the mistakes of others but bad at noticing their own mistakes. It's the same reason people still fall for scams.

Edit to Add: Actually, make that 3 things.

3. A lot of people like to gamble. You're basically asking why people play the lottery even when they know the odds are so small.
edit on 15-4-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant
Agreed. If some folks thought deep into their own psyches , they would realize they are the people they hate

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yep. Acknowledging our flaws is the first step to overcoming them... Assuming people want to overcome them, of course. Instead, many project their flaws onto others to divert attention from their own proverbial skeletons in the closet.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

From the title I had thought this thread would be way cooler than it is.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I was trying for a wake-up call rather than coolness. Does this make up for it? It's a really fitting message anyway.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

because :

"My name's Johnny, and it might be a sin,
But I'll take your bet; and you're gonna regret 'cause I'm the best there's ever been."

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Some people don't believe in a devil and actually seek proof. The only bad thing to come from a deal with the devil is you tricking yourself into thinking it worked. This would cause many psychological repercussions.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

What would ATS be w/o its every 6 minute anti-right , ant-christian , anti-Trump (and/or all 3) threads ?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
So..... Any suggestions? Alternatives?

Can you not see that this is a good thing? Implying that it's the Republican Party that is the "devil" is quite short sighted when it comes to the "point" that I think you are trying to make here. Why not call out the Democratic Party chicanery? I am seeing that the people really don't matter on either side of the isle.

Why can't we just all agree that this election is turning into the biggest snow job of all time?

When the curtain falls, revealing the two headed monster, can we not finally come together around a bonfire that used to be the U.S. Government? That is what I am hoping for.

It's pointless to pick sides, but weaponise your vote. Go with the people, and in the end, when the people lose you will find yourself on the right side of history. Nothing strengthens resolve like defeat.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
"A fool sees the fault in others", i think the quote went that way.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Oh absolutely you can make a pact and win. Its just you'll repay it all back 10000 times over.The Devil ALWAYS comes back to collect his due....

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Why does basically everyone think they can make a deal with the devil and win?

We don't. Your premise is flawed.

Why do you think it's realistic or practical to lump "basically everyone" into the same box? And a rather insulting box at that! There's plenty of us playing outside that box. Come join us! I think you'll like it out here!!!

new topics

top topics

join