It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook lawsuit against gun maker can move forward.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

You are assuming that I am unique

Not at all, pteridine. I merely point out that you are arguing from a sample of one.

In between helping us and manipulating public opinion and given the elevation of the Netherlands and global climate change you should probably spend some time learning to swim.

I’m not Dutch. You’ve got me confused with the other fellow.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

You are assuming that I am unique

Not at all, pteridine. I merely point out that you are arguing from a sample of one.

I merely point out that you are arguing from a biased opinion of one.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I merely point out that you are arguing from a biased opinion of one.

Everybody argues their opinion. Some, like me, provide facts to support their opinions.

You say my opinion is biased, yet neither you nor others who share your views have been able to identify my bias. Some of you think I’m European. Some of you think I’m vegan. Some of you think I hate America. You’re all wrong.

Face it. The bias, the fervent emotion, the irrationality, the self-aggrandizing exclusivism, the refusal to face facts: they are not mine, but my opponents’.

Eleven pages and I’m still here. And so are my arguments, undefeated.

Sorry, old fellow. You can’t win this one. You’re not just wrong; you’re in the wrong.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

Eleven pages and I’m still here. And so are my arguments, undefeated.

Sorry, old fellow. You can’t win this one. You’re not just wrong; you’re in the wrong.

Eleven pages and I’m still here, undefeated. You still have nothing to show "addiction" to firearms. You may not like the situation in the US. You may think you have great insight. You have merely provided the simplistic solution of "no privately owned firearms in the US" but when pressed, have no actual process for how it is to be done. That is the hard part so you do not address it and merely attempt to manipulate opinion in the fashion of your chosen profession.
European countries have significant numbers of privately owned firearms but you neglected to call for the elimination of all of those firearms. Are Europeans addicted to firearms, also? Wouldn't all those restrictions on ownership and storage that make a firearm much more difficult to own indicate a higher level of addiction? The European addict is willing to do much more to get a fix; even going so far as to keeping his drug locked away at a distant range or shooting club whereas the casual user from the US has them laying around all over.
Sorry, old soul. Your argument is unsupported. Your solution is simplistic. Your energies are misdirected.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

You still have nothing to show "addiction" to firearms.

Did I not demonstrate, earlier, how many gun owners show the signs of addiction?

Not good enough? Try these, then:

Addicted To Bang: The Neuroscience of the Gun

I am a Physician and Guns are a Disease

America is Addicted to Guns

Gun Addiction Testimonies

An Unrepentant Addict

Want more?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

good luck. It's gunna be like putting a ban on alcohol..... which didn't work.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join