It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook lawsuit against gun maker can move forward.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

That is just nonsense.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Hopefully this causes prices on Remington to go up. Then it will be time to sell a couple pieces

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: CrazyWater

This has to be the most ignorant quote I have read today and its not even 10 posts deep into the thread yet.

No, it is in fact one of the most realistic and well-informed.

I'm sorry that addiction to a culture of self-gratifying violence prevents you from realizing this.

So......What's Brazil's problem? The murder rate is so high there Google Maps had to wait until they cleansed bodies off the street to take pictures.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

a reply to: Raxoxane

If the average law abiding citizens of the USA used their guns for self'gratifying violence we would not be on this thread

What else do they use it for?

Not self-protection, surely; there is a wealth of studies showing that owning a gun makes people more likely to die by violence.

Guns are drugs. All gun owners are addicts.

No exceptions.

Oh my... Well the founding fathers disagree with everything you say and thanks to them we have the bill of rights and my ever so favorite the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
God seriously? Fine, but if that's how they want to play it then get rid of all weaponry in the US. That includes police, FBI, CIA, etc. I don't have a problem with responsible people owning guns, but if they want to get rid of one of our rights as American citizens, then they need to do the same to the entire country including law officials.

(post by Enlil2215 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Personal responsibility is a foreign concept to addicts, whose addiction prevents them from applying it to themselves. But this is nothing to the point. Why should you put yourself in the way of temptation by owning or carrying a gun?

edit on 15/4/16 by Astyanax because: of a typo.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

That is just nonsense.

Your saying so doesn’t make it so. Prove me wrong — if you can.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

So......What's Brazil's problem? The murder rate is so high there...

Some are addicted to violence; some have no option but to embrace it.

Gun owners in well-secured societies are the first sort of person. People who live in lawless parts of the world belong to the second.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Well the founding fathers disagree with everything you say

Your precious Founding Fathers, as you envisage them, are just a myth. The authors of the USA were nothing like American constitution-fetishists make them out to be. And they lived in a primitive country two hundred and fifty years ago. The idea that the American Constitution mandates citizens plugging one another with lead is one of the stupidest and most self-serving myths gun addicts in the USA use to excuse their sickness.

edit on 15/4/16 by Astyanax because: the obvious is obvious.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Enlil2215

No, the constituted authorities have a justified monopoly on violence. It is individual citizens who must be disarmed.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I had a reply, but deleted it. There is no getting through to someone with your outlook on guns. If you so naive or so rabidly anti gun that you believe suing gun makers will do anything to reduce crime, I can't help you.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I have found most of your comments on ATS really good until now. You are blaming guns for violence that you claim is an addiction, without addressing the real problem that is violent intent. There are a million ways to use violence to kill, guns are designed to kill and have one purpose, I can see that aspect, but the real problem is violence and mankind's propensity to kill other humans, not how they go about doing it.

Where I live everyone owns at least a couple of guns, some are collectors, but by and large, the only thing they are used for is putting game meat on the table. Occasionally they are used in a murder, but that is mostly in the city due to criminal activity like gang violence or from people losing their minds. Insane people think of taking another human life and using guns as a quick and simple solution to their personal problems.

People will find a way to kill other people, guns or no guns, it is a problem with society and mental stability, not with guns. How people treat each other with violence is the issue, not what the weapon of choice is used to commit that violence.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

a reply to: KingKelson

Wonderful news. Gun pusers and drug pushers should both be treated as the scum they are.

It was illegal when Adam Lanza murdered his mother to obtain the weapons.

It was illegal when Lanza took possession of those weapons.

It was illegal when Lanza entered school grounds with firearms.

It was illegal when he killed a bunch of kids and teachers.

Bushmaster did NOT put the gun in his hands. Bushmaster did not have foreknowledge of a crime being committed. Bushmaster did not engage in illegal transfer of a firearm.

These people have no case.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Over 100 MILLION of us scary gun owners in the US. If we were violent, you'd know it!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Personal responsibility is a foreign concept to addicts, whose addiction prevents them from applying it to themselves.

So what you are saying is that addicts of any sort have no willpower at all and are at the mercy of that which they are addicted to; a "disease" that they are powerless to control. Earlier, you said that owning firearms was an addiction and this must also fall into the category of a disease. Owners of such must be patients and not "scum" as you claimed. Rehab will be recognizing and admitting the addiction and a multi-year withdrawal from the disease state by shooting government provided ammunition at government provided facilities. We will start with .50 BMG and work our way down to BB guns. During my military service, I really liked the B57 nuclear depth bomb but they are hard to come by so I'll have to make do with the .50 and hope that I don't relapse. If I do, I know that you'll understand.
Then there are so many other addictions which may be approved by you. Golf is a well-known addiction and "a good walk spoiled" according to some. Cubic golf balls should help them. Then, there are the exercise junkies. Runners are famous addicts and they brag about it with 26.2 and 13.1 bumper stickers. Maybe they just like the smell of sweat socks. Rehab should be shackles until they are cured. Quilting [one lady I know well has three sewing machines and a serger]. She even has a Singer treadle for power outages. No thread for her. The list of addictive diseases is endless. I'm sure you engage in a few, yourself. Come on back when you have yourself cured and post then.
I'm off to buy some hardwood for my furniture making addiction. I'll also pick up a new mortising bit for one of my five routers [I have a machinery addiction and am working my way back to hand tools]. I just can't help it.
edit on 4/15/2016 by pteridine because: My spelling addiction required me to edit an error

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Can't fix stupid. I think it's time I sued McDonald's for making me fat and the next time I go to Lowe's and buy the wrong size piece of drywall, I'm going to sue them too.

Better yet....The next time I purchase a soda and my ice melts and my food gets cold because I didn't eat it fast enough, I'm freaking suing the restaurant I'm eating at.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Sorry to have disappointed you. No, violent intent is most emphatically not the problem. The ability to turn intent into accomplishment instantly is the problem. The problem has a name. The name it has is: gun.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

People who make things that they know will be used to kill other people are the scum of the earth.

No? How come not?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join