It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook lawsuit against gun maker can move forward.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
So im surprised that this hasn't been posted yet, or if it has I apologize and please disregard.

Two Sandy Hook parents have had their lawsuit against Bushmaster Firearms and their parent company Remington Firearms. The judge ruled that the lawsuit can move forward since the manufacturer "Know or should know that their product are likely to be used in a way that risks injury to others."

So my first question is that isn't there a provision in the TPP (or whatever) that a company can sue the government over loss of profits? Or is this wrong/does not apply.
Secondly, would this set a precedent that would allow anyone to sue any company legitimately because they know or should know that their product can used to harm others?

That's all I have for now, I'm on mobile right now so can't quote and like properly but here is the bbc article.

Ok sorry my phone is being silly and won't paste the link. The article is on the BBC new site and should still be on the front page so if you want to read it for now you will have to go there. My deepest apologies and as soon as I get home I shall link the article.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: KingKelson

here ya go....www.bbc.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I once posted something stupid on the internet using my laptop.

Toshiba?

You're getting sued.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20606051]bandersnatch[/After reading...
I smell scummy lawers taking on an emotional issue to generate profits for themselves from an out of court settlement...
Gun Makers need to get together with the dough to quash this instead....
Its an unwinnable argument....Bushmaster remmington should not take the easy way out...though they could afford it....
We could sue car makers, knife makers,and a host of other legitimate companies for their prior knowledge...
What if the guy had used a claw hammer instead....same thing....

edit on 14-4-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Wonderful news. Gun pusers and drug pushers should both be treated as the scum they are.

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

Wonderful news. Gun pusers and drug pushers should both be treated as the scum they are.

This has to be the most ignorant quote I have read today and its not even 10 posts deep into the thread yet.

No gun manufacturers shouldn't be held responsible for what people do with their firearms after they have been sold.

If that is the case then every automobile maker should be sued for vehicular homicide every single time someone dies in an accident.

Knife makers should be sued when someone is stabbed

Tanning bed companies should be sued when someone gets skin cancer

Mcdonalds should be sued for making people fat, along with every other fast food industry

Hammer companies should be sued when someone misuses a hammer

Saw companies should be sued when someone lobs off a limb or digit

God the short sightedness of your post is mind boggling.
edit on 14-4-2016 by CrazyWater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
So they [the NWO ]are going to Law Suit gun manufacturers out of existence ,because they are Responsible for all the gun deaths ? but Manufacturers will continue to exist for the Military to continue to make war ,invasions ,control and dominate us at Gunpoint, under the NWO ,amazing how gullible and easily led the masses are ..................

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ozb1777
So they [the NWO ]are going to Law Suit gun manufacturers out of existence ,because they are Responsible for all the gun deaths ? but Manufacturers will continue to exist for the Military to continue to make war ,invasions ,control and dominate us at Gunpoint, under the NWO ,amazing how gullible and easily led the masses are ..................

And continue to traffic guns all over the world including our nearest border, so criminals will always be armed and so will the gov (the same people if you ask me), but the law biding people shouldnt be allowed to.

Indeed, the gullible eat it up like its the greatest thing

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
www.msn.com...

Now maybe someone w/the interest in this case can link this suit w/the investigative report that was sealed by another judge earlier this week.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Come on its from the land that a lady sued mcds for burning herself while drinking coffee, i wouldn't expect anything else.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater

This has to be the most ignorant quote I have read today and its not even 10 posts deep into the thread yet.

No, it is in fact one of the most realistic and well-informed.

I'm sorry that addiction to a culture of self-gratifying violence prevents you from realizing this.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

The gunmakers are in business because there is a market,a Demand for their product.As are drug manufacturers and dealers.Because of that old chestnut called Free Will.Without the demand for their products both would be out of business.I have yet to hear of a gunmaker company Pushing their product on anyone.Pardon the pun but no one is putting a gun to some one's head to force them to purchase a gun.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

If the average law abiding citizens of the USA used their guns for self'gratifying violence we would not be on this thread-there would not have been any American citizens left alive.They would have all wiped each other out in an orgiastic bloodbath of violence a Long time ago.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The government is the largest illegal drug supplier in America....
The government has armed just about every branch of itself and bought huge stockpiles of ammo (enough for a long war)
The government has issued Mraps to local police forces...
Along with much other surplus military gear....
The government insists on taking part in every war that breaks out...listening to every private conversation in the world...
read every email in the world, and store all this info to be used against those they wish to destroy...
The system has proven to be a fascist oligarchy....
The USA is probably the largest arms exporter to the whole world...
Americans have the RIGHT to bear arms...
If you think the public has armed itself in droves for no reason your dead wrong.
The people are not fooled by foolish rhetoric such as yours...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

what utter twaddle - thats the polite version

and here is the annecdote to show just how absurd it is :

i was once stabbed by a attempted burgular with a screwdriver

the snap-on tool company prints a saftey leaflet with all thier screwdriver sets warning of the dangers of inapropriate use - including possible puncture injuries

ergo - i should sue snap on tools

see how it works ?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I have yet to hear of a gunmaker company Pushing their product on anyone.

You've never seen ads and promotions for guns and ammunition? Really?

Pardon the pun but no one is putting a gun to some one's head to force them to purchase a gun.

Drug pushers don't put guns to their customers' heads either. In both cases, the buyer's addiction does the job for them.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

If the average law abiding citizens of the USA used their guns for self'gratifying violence we would not be on this thread

What else do they use it for?

Not self-protection, surely; there is a wealth of studies showing that owning a gun makes people more likely to die by violence.

Guns are drugs. All gun owners are addicts.

No exceptions.

edit on 15/4/16 by Astyanax because: No exceptions.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Not the same at all. A gun is not a tool, it is an object designed for killing.

And if tools are proven to be unsafe they are banned.

edit on 15/4/16 by Astyanax because: of gin.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This will be overturned on appeal.

In this particular case, the guns were not bought by the person who misused them. They were stolen from her.

In what way is Remington liable for this?

Does this mean if my car is stolen and used as a getaway vehicle during a bank robbery where someone is killed, I'm liable for the murder charge, or a civil suit by the victims families?

Foolishness writ large.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I have also seen ads and promotions for MacDonalds-but i choose not to eat that crap.I have also seen drug dealers in a certain part of the town-but i choose to not buy or use their crap.Personal responsibility may be a foreign concept to some folks but not to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join