It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Todays Japan Quake.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I expected to find news of this posted but will submit this thread.

Start with an image..

Tokyo (AFP) - Nine people were killed after a powerful earthquake hit southern Japan, collapsing homes, sparking fires and injuring hundreds, officials said Friday as rescuers worked through the night to find residents feared trapped in rubble. Tens of thousands of people reportedly fled their homes and television footage showed damaged buildings, buckled roads and lumps of broken concrete in the streets after the 6.5-magnitude quake struck the southwestern island of Kyushu. NHK footage showed what appeared to be a house ablaze and firefighters dousing it with water, one of several fires reportedly sparked by the quake that left at least 780 injured, according to the public broadcaster.

Those two nuclear reactors in the above image were unafected..

- Nuclear reactors unaffected - The initial quake at 9:26 pm (1226 GMT) was followed two and a half hours later by another strong one measuring 6.4 magnitude in the same region, according to the Japan Meteorological Agency. In total, more than 30 earthquakes rocked the region after the first hit, and Prime Minister Shinzo Abe convened a meeting of emergency management officials, according to Suga. Japan's two sole operating nuclear reactors, located on Kyushu, were functioning normally, an official at the Sendai plant told AFP.

www.yahoo.com...

I know japan is in a seismic zone and frequently effected by many earthquakes but what are the chances of the last two large ones being so close to the
three that were operational nuclear facilities, obviously only now two..

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I guess I get to be that guy........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 14-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Sorry missed that one . Ponder it from a different perspective.. Peace..

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

S&F still

I'm like a sour patch kid.......

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

A more powerful earthquake has rocked the southern Japanese city of Kumamoto in the middle of the night, a day after an earlier tremor killed nine people. The magnitude-7.3 quake hit at a depth of 10km (six miles) at 01:25 on Saturday (15:25 GMT on Friday). At least one person is known to have died. A village has been evacuated after a dam collapsed as a result of the quake, public broadcaster NHK says. A tsunami warning was issued, and lifted some 50 minutes later.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Lets hope that was the finale and I hope those reactors are safe..
edit on 15 4 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added Link

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Crazy. People were saying yesterday's quake may have been a foreshock and it seems they were right. Today people have been saying the same thing about this one and something bigger may still be on the way.

I wonder what the aftershocks for today's quake have been like so far?
edit on 15-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
wow, just saw the news crawler and it said 19 dead, 70,000 evac and 200,000 without power.

The first quake killed 10.

Last I saw was 6 dead. Dayum!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Wouldn't it put more stress on the Nankai Trough ?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Jul 15th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
i cringe just thinking of Edgar Cayce and his mention of Japan sliding into the Ocean.

There's so many Big Quakes happening now, The Ring of Fire is Explosive.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

japan had a quake I hear they closed down their plants because of volcanic

top topics

join