It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cocktails

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I don't trust you!

Funny and wise!

You are a breath of fresh air!

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I don't trust you!

Sound tactical position.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
Funny 'ha-ha' ?

Or....

Is that you Billy Bob Thornton?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I was thinking right before that I could use another 6 or 8 cans of that potted meat if you go any extry...

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I got some french fried taters, if you don't bring me some mustry you better bring a hearst.

edit on 3-9-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Who is Barstar Lumberjerk?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Even classics can be improved upon which is why this take on the Manhattan is a great cocktail to serve to guests who may be new to bourbon as it is not the standard 3:1 ratio as the earlier version. It still has the spice undercurrent of a Manhattan due to the over proof rye but it also has some more complex, herbaceous and citrus notes due to the vermouth and Grand Marnier. The Improved Manhattan:
    1 1/2 Ounces Rittenhouse 100 proof rye
    1 3/4 Ounces Antica Vermouth
    1/2 Grand Marnier
    2 Cocktail cherries

Stir first three ingredients until well chilled and then strain into a chilled coupe and garnish with cherries.

edit on 17-9-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is a drink I normally serve to the ladies since they tend to gravitate towards sweeter and less powerful drinks. Applejack is produced from fermenting apples and is made right here in New Jersey. It has become so popular now that they actually ran out of product for the first time in the company's 100+ year history. This Prohibition Era cocktail feature only Applejack which makes it a nice transitional cocktail from summer to fall. The Jack Rose
    1 1/2 Ounces Applejack
    3/4 Ounce fresh lemon juice
    1/2 Ounce simple syrup
    1/4 Ounce grenadine

Shake all ingredients with ice until very cold. Strain into a chilled Nick and Nora or coupe glass.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
My friend asked me to make him a cocktail that had both late summer/early fall flavors so I whipped up this one for him. He named it the Summer's End:
    3/4 Ounce Old Overholt rye
    3/4 Ounce Rittenhouse rye
    1/2 Ounce pamplemousse liqueur
    1/2 Teaspoon maple syrup
    1/2 Teaspoon amaro
    3 Dashes Angostura bitters

Stir all ingredients over ice and then strain into a rocks glass with one large ice cube.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This is a variation on the Old Fashioned I came up with to introduce non-bourbon drinkers to the spirit. It plays into some familiar flavor components, is slightly sweet and still allows the bourbon notes to come through. I prepared a simple syrup that I keep around until the holidays since it goes well with even non-alcoholic drinks. I will give the recipe on that as well. The Fall Fashioned:
    1 /12 Ounces Buffalo Trace bourbon
    1/2 Ounce Laird's Applejack
    1/2 Ounce spiced simple syrup (recipe below)
    3 Dashes angostura bitters
    3 Dashes mole bitters
    1 Lemon and orange twist for garnish

Stir the first five ingredients over ice until chilled. Strain into a double rocks glass with one large ice cube. Express the twist over the drink and then add to the glass.

Spiced simple syrup:
    3 Cups water
    5 Cups sugar
    2 Cinnamon sticks
    4 Cardamom pods
    1 Star anise
    4 Cloves
    3 Slices of fresh ginger about 1/8" thick

Simmer all ingredients until the sugar dissolves stirring occasionaly. Cover and let steep for several hours for the flavors to blend. Strain into a clean bottle. Will keep for several months in the refrigerator.

edit on 2-10-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I tease often about my love of vodka and it is mainly served in the occasional Bloody Mary (that I'm not able to enjoy anymore) and martinis which, IMO, are basically a 'shot' with olives in it.

Okay, Bird, after months of waiting, here it is, my Bloody Mary:
    1 5.5 Ounce can tomato juice
    2 Ounces vodka (I used bacon infused vodka for one drink and garlic/jalapeno for someone else's)
    1 Ounce fresh lime juice
    2 Teaspoons horseradish (prepared or freshly grated)
    1 Teaspoon Worchester sauce
    1/2 Teaspoon Tabasco sauce
    1/4 Teaspoon kosher salt
    1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/8 Teaspoon ground black cardamom (the secret ingredient)
    1 Lime wedge
    Cool stuff for garnish

Rub the lime wedge around the edge of a highball glass and the rime with salt (I used bacon salt). Add the remaining ingredients to a shaker or bottle and refrigerate until cold. When ready to serve add ice to the glass and then shake mixture and pour over ice. Add your cool garnishes (I used cherry tomatoes, cocktail onions, blue cheese olive, pickled hot pepper, celery and bacon strips).

edit on 2-10-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude once thought he had beer but it turned out to be Natty Ice.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Holy Firewater Mason that is over the top!

Breakfast, lunch AND dinner all in one.

The secret ingredient is interesting, I thought all along it would be coriander or nutmeg.

Vodka should be honored to be in that glass!

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Holy Firewater Mason that is over the top!

Breakfast, lunch AND dinner all in one.

That's one of the fun things about that drink, you can jazz it up with all kinds of interesting garnishes. I was going to put a gherkin on there too but I ran out.

The secret ingredient is interesting, I thought all along it would be coriander or nutmeg.

Close with coriander. The cardamom adds a nice subtle flavor undercurrent that people cannot put their finger on.

edit on 2-10-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: never go in against a Sicilian with death is on the line

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Maan you are not playing, looks like at least 2-3 min making that drink..awesome!

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Maan you are not playing, looks like at least 2-3 min making that drink..awesome!

Go big or go home right?

Kinda helps that I was home come to think of it...

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Can you fathom a red wine + cranberry juice cocktail?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Can you fathom a red wine + cranberry juice cocktail?

How about a mulled wine sangria?
    1 Bottle Rioja
    4 Cinnamon sticks
    8 Cloves
    4 Cardamom pods
    2 Slices of ginger 1/2 inch thick
    1/2 Teaspoon grated nutmeg
    1/2 Cup sugar
    1 Pound fresh or frozen cranberries
    1 Oranges
    2 Lemons
    2 Limes
    1 Apple
    16 Ounces club coda

Add the first seven indredeints to a sauce pan and warm until sugar is dissolved but do not bring to a simmer. Cover and let cool until room temperature (may be made overnight). Muddle the cranberries in a pitcher and add the wine mixture. Chill in the refrigerator until cold. Slice the fruit and add to the pitcher. Add club soda.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

That sounds amazing

Am I just retarded, or how do I strain out the cloves and the cardamom pods?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

With a strainer.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

LMAO

I could even add Allspice to it.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I could even add Allspice to it.

You could so do that.

You could even drink it when it's done. For realz.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join