It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cocktails

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'll go back over there and sit down and do my homework then.......
*wanders off*

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I will try to post my Bloody Mary recipe shortly. It has a good amount of ingredients but all of them can be found at a good supermarket.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

edit on 6/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: dbl

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It's Saturday morning and I need a drink..... for Sunday morning brunch..... ok, so, I long ago got tired of vodka based Bloody Mary's, no matter how good a variation could be, so I just started putting in Bombay Sapphire Gin. Worked for me.... worked very well for me....

Then recently I ran across this "Bloody Mary" variation, called a Redless Snapper (I'm not sure why it's called that, maybe someone can explain?) It is a beautiful drink, very tasty. We enjoyed one outside recently, one morning sitting under the giant oak tree in my friend's backyard. I did make up the tomato water a day ahead of time and put it in a mason jar, I think it brought out flavor.
I cut and pasted from here

Ingredients
Lemon or lime wedges
Old Bay seasoning
1½ –2 oz. Cardinal gin
Tomato water (see recipe)
2 dashes celery salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2–4 dashes hot sauce
1–2 dashes Worcestershire sauce

Preparation
Run a lemon or lime wedge around the rim of a pint glass.

Roll the outside rim in Old Bay. Next, fill the glass with ice, pour in gin, and top off with tomato water. Add celery salt, pepper, hot sauce, and Worcestershire. Roll from one glass into another and back to mix, and garnish
 as desired.

Tomato Water

Ingredients
6 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
3 tsp. fresh lime juice
½ green or red pepper
½ small garlic clove
1–2 tsp. fresh horseradish
1 jalapeño (optional)
Salt and pepper

Preparation
Place all ingredients except salt and pepper in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into a saucepan over medium heat. When puree turns from pink to dark red, remove from heat. Ladle liquid through a strainer lined with a thin cloth or several layers of cheesecloth into a heatproof bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Store liquid in refrigerator or freezer until ready to use. Yields about 6 drinks.

Optional Garnishes
Lemon and lime wedges
California olives
Pickled okra
Pickled green bean
Pickled carrot
Pickled garlic
Cornichon
Celery stalk

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Nice recipe. When I set up a Bloody Mary station when I do brunch here I often put out gin and tequila in addition to vodka with all types of garnishes so people can jazz them up a bit. I like a Bloody Mary with gin myself.

The Redless Snapper is probably a reference to the Red Snapper which was invented at the St. Regis' King Cole Bar in New York. One of my favorite places to grab a drink in high style.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
An ATS cocktail recipe thread? What a swell notion. Keep 'em coming guys!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: TerryDon79

No, other liqueurs. Besides vermouth, Campari or Aperol are good to have (ask Quantum), maybe Luxardo maraschino, Chartreuse, an Amaro. I should probably list everything I have so people have an idea why my liver hates me so much.

Mr. Gustus,
Speaking of livers and apropos of nothing...would you post a picture of your bar? I collect Deco and it sounds like you may have a wee bit of it here and there *wink*. We are in the process of rehab on our house and mine is all packed away. I miss it and need a fix.

I am making the "Jacygirl Purple Rain" for a close friend's Bridal Shower next week Not to get too girly on you, but the theme is purple hydrangeas and wisteria blooms, so the violet and purple colors in the "Jacy" will be perfect. Not to mention the side benefit that it will knock all of us old heifers on our tushes! Honest, it does sound quite delicious. I will post the pics.

Raise the roof hands to both you and Jacy for the idea.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173
Mr. Gustus,

I prefer Supreme and Tyrannical Dictator of the Northeast.

Speaking of livers and apropos of nothing...would you post a picture of your bar?

Sure. I will take one later. It is nothing super-special.

I am n the process of having a custom barback built since I ran out of room for my collection.

And this also reminded me to make a list for Terry.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

Here you go:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Missmissie173

Here you go:

That's not a drinking chair!

This is a drinking chair!

(Nice bar though)
edit on 462016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Sweet bar!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Sure, I'll try that.

Alright. So the weather got warm quickly and this is a chance to make a perfect beer-based, warm weather drink. In honor of Buzzy's favorite Presidential candidate who wants to build a wall which could impact our ability to get Mexican beer I am going to make a Michelada, one of the most popular beer drinks in the country. The Michelada:
    12 Ounce bottle Mexican lager
    1 Ounce fresh lime juice
    2 Teaspoons Tabasco
    2 Teaspoons Wostershire sauce
    1 Ounce Maggi sauce or soy sauce
    1 Lime wedge for garnish
    Tajin season salt

Lightly rub the lime wedge on the rim of a pint glass and coat the edge with the Tajin salt. Add the remaining ingredients and then fill with ice. Garnish with lime wedge. Write your Esse.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

That. Sounds. Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

LOL, i have had one and they are good!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

LOL, i have had one and they are good!

Really? Lager, soy sauce, Worcester sauce, lime, salt? All it's missing is a raw egg and it could be a "hangover cure" LOL

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

LOL, raw egg would top it off.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

LOL, raw egg would top it off.

Making me almost gag just thinking about it lol.

I can understand lager and lime, maybe even with salt. I can't get the soy sauce, Tabasco and Worcester sauce though
edit on 462016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I looked it up, and it seems there are no conspiracy themed drinks. So that's a project now. Anyone and everyone throw your ideas in, don't be shy. Any baristas around?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Ok a Bud beer is now American beer? Lol

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Your gorgeous bar! A thing of beauty!
Thank you for your reply re the Redless Snapper name.
As I was reading the ingredients for the Michelada, I could just taste it! Then when I saw the picture, I wanted to reach out and grab it! Maybe being 103deg here today had something to do with it. I felt like a person crawling on the desert sands reaching out for a mirage.

a reply to: TzarChasm

Jeez, don't I have any better things to do with my life than to come up with a conspiracy drink?..... apparently not..... well, I think for starters a Tin Foil Hat should have a base of something shimmery, like Viniq Liqueur.....

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join