It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cocktails

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
Drinks and dinner in one sitting!

I like it

That was the concept. A meal/drink in a glass.

edit on 31-5-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TerryDon79
Drinks and dinner in one sitting!

I like it

That was the concept. A meal/drink in a glass.

Snack?!

That's breakfast, lunch and dinner lol.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Eureka! I think the closest I can come to the Bols Blue is a Potter's Curacao. I will experiment. Thank you thank you thank you!

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ok, in my head, I've just finished my DWOTB, then I have in front of me a chaser in a sea salt-rimmed glass filled with a tomato base (sea food seasoning?) garnished with a (small) piece of fermented fish (must go to local Asian store) on a "harpoon" (a cruise ship cocktail skewer). Thank you thank you thank you!

Ciao for now! Must go help husband put dinner together. I'm his prep and sous chef.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

LOL, Augustus did you make that?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Yeah, it's just blue Curacao. I think the flavours together would be interesting too. Cherry, coconut and oranges with herbs and spices.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Here's a question.

I've never made a Pena colada before. I've drunk a few though lol. What's the best recipe you know if for home made ones?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Joaquin SImo, one of the bartenders at Death and Co, does a upscale version of this drink:
    2 Ounces pineapple-infused Flor de Caña Silver rum
    1½ Ounces fresh coconut water
    1 Teaspoon Kalani coconut liqueur
    1 Teaspoon sugar cane syrup
    1 Dash Angostura bitters

In a shaker, combine the rum, coconut water, coconut liquor, sugar cane juice, angostura bitters, and ice. Shake and strain into a chilled coupe glass.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

That sounds tasty and easy to make. Guess I'll be trying that one over the weekend

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

If you cannot locate Flor de Caña brand just use the best silver rum that you can find. Flor de Caña is what they use in most of their drinks calling for high quality white rum.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I was just searching for it and it looks like I can buy it online or from shops that are a million miles away. Think I'll replace it with Bacardi.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Heading to Boston, what would be the perfect drink for a graduation celebration.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Bacardi should work, just try to match up the ABV so the drink turns out similar.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Heading to Boston, what would be the perfect drink for a graduation celebration.

There is actually a drink called The Graduation:
    1 1/2 Ounces peach liqueur
    1/2 Ounce Amaretto
    1 Ounce pineapple juice
    1/2 Ounce lime juice

Add all ingredients to an ice filled cocktail shaker and shake until very well chilled. Double strain into a double rocks glass filled with ice. Garnish with a cocktail cherry. Matriculate.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Woot will take a pic of the end product! ty

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Looks like they're both 40% abv.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Cool, that would be great, glad I could help.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Hey, today I went to the store.....

V8 has a new Clam and Sea Salt mixer thing, and they also have a Bloody Mary mixer with several recipe variations on the label. Now, I know you're not a vodka fan - but really do you think Bloody Marys are bad? I really really like them. I thought of Chirp while I was shopping. Almost bought a bottle of vodka too!!!

But refrained. I though maybe you would scoff and not approve.

Silvio's Mamajuana is a glass jug that he's had for years from Dominican Republic - it has sticks and twigs and stuff in it. A really cool bottle. He said he pours rum into it and then has to let it "cook" for a while before it's ready.

Couple of shots of that stuff and I'm flyin'!!
He's a very accomplished Cuban cuisine cook, also. He tells stories about picking fresh mangoes off of the trees, avocadoes the size of footballs, pristine waters and relaxed living. He's a very interesting, kind guy.

edit on 6/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
V8 has a new Clam and Sea Salt mixer thing, and they also have a Bloody Mary mixer with several recipe variations on the label. Now, I know you're not a vodka fan - but really do you think Bloody Marys are bad?

I like Bloody Marys and they are one of the two drinks I will have with vodka.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Okay, so - what about those mixers? V8 mixers - do you think those are acceptable?
I bought celery and lime as well -

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Not particularly. I tend to make my own as I find the premade products to be bland.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join