It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cocktails

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

I think Augie will enjoy your drink after he returns from NYC!

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
That purple Employees Only's drink on their website is beautiful!!

That is their top drink, the Amelia.

Wow. Jacy's purple rain was lovely as well.

Thank you.

Thanks for this amazing thread.
You truly are an artisan, sir. Do you have these recipes all memorized?
Astounding.

Most of them, they are not that hard since many of the proportions are similar.

So, what did you have at the Waldorf and later Death & Co.?

I cashed I my drink vouchers for a couple of Old Fashioneds the one night at the Waldorf and had a few new drinks at Death & Co; The Touch of Evil, Lord Baltimore and Short Change Hero. All were great. Check the menu for in ingredients.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert
AM, I'm new to all this (I'm retired now--I probably should have drunk more when I worked haha), but I read your first page and found it to contain the very best of helpful information.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Since today is the official start of Summer parties, I wanted to share a recipe I found, Sweet Corn Cocktail. It does sound a little weird, but it is tasty.

That is rather synchronistic, the one drink I mentioned above that I had this weekend had roasted corn in it and was very good. I will give yours a shot as well.

I also found my next liqueur fixation, pamplemousse liqueur, which is grapefruit infused spirits. It was in several of the new drinks at Death and the one that I had was fantastic.

ETA: Post a pic on your next cocktail.

edit on 31-5-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer becasue he left it in the ladies room

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Cheers to synchronicity!

Pamplemousse liqueur....Mon Dieu, it sounds Divine!

I really must practice more posting pics.....I really must practice more getting them out of my phone.... really.... but I will give it another try.....

One thing about buying liqueurs for cocktails, one does not always need to put out $ for a large bottle. I was making a cocktail that called for certain liqueurs that I wasn't sure I would like individually, let alone the cocktail. It turned out I could buy the 50ml size, so that's all I bought. Fernet-Branca and Cazadores Tequila Reposado. ..... I have refused to drink tequila since 1991 ..... someone once told me of a saying something like stop drinking tequila the moment you start to like it..... I liked it too much that evening in 1991.....

Any cocktail recipe I share I have found. I only have one original cocktail, for a very special place and time. It's rather on the religious side, will share another time. For now.....

Horse's Neck served at BFF's Kentucky Derby party

2 oz Brandy
GingerAle
long lemon strip--- the horse's neck

Fill Collins glass w ice, add brandy, fill with gingerale, slightly twist the lemon peel and add to the glass
This drink can be made with whiskey or bourbon, but because I have never liked bourbon---shudder and gag---- and not a fan of whiskey, either, and since this was my cocktail contribution that day, I opted for working with the brandy. Plus, someone else was supposed to make our traditional Mint Juleps (but didn't!), I wanted to make something w/o bourbon or whiskey. This was a hit.

A week ago I had a camping theme party in my condo. The last campfire drink we had was this:

Take a giant marshmallow. Toast it. Since the party was all inside, I took a fondue fork and toasted individual marshmallows over the stove burner flame.... I know, I know, they do make toasting sets, but they use a flame source I'm not sure I want to use, chemicals or am I concerned for nothing?......
Next, once the sides are nice and crispy, scoop out some of the gooey soft center to form a cup. Cool. Fill with liqueur of choice. The cups can be made ahead of time.

To go with the being-in-the-mountains theme, I chose a Raspberry Liqueur (St. George) to fill the marshmallow cup. I wanted to create the picking-berries-at-the-campsite experience.

One thing, when we get together and make several different cocktails, I'll double the recipe and serve 3 to 4 people. It's more of a cocktail tasting. Everyone enjoys but can drive home ...... unless it's our annual New Year's Day parade watching and brunch, then they arrive via cab, because, well, they partied hardy New Year's Eve.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Great tips on the smaller sizes. It can be handy for those on a budget or with limited space as well.

I was supposed to get around to listing everything I had for SkidMark, maybe I will do that now.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

My new summer drink?

Skittles vodka!

Get a few packets of skittles and a couple bottles of cheap as chips vodka.

Seperate skittles into their colours.

Open bottle of vodka and take a rather large swig to make some room.

Put in quite a few skittles of the same colour.

Repeat with other bottles and packs of skittles.

Leave to stand for 24 hours and shake.

Any left overs can be eaten or drunk.

(Can replace skittles for other softish candies with stronger flavours)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I used to like you.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I used to like you.

Is it the cheap vodka or the cheap candy?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Yes.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Yes.

It looks nice and, with it being sweeter, it's easier to drink as is. No need for it to be limited to shots

Ok, how about this one?

Take a bottle of brandy.
Add a stick of cinnamon.
Leave to stand for 1-5 days (depending on how much you like cinnamon.

Fill a tall glass with ice.
Add half a glass of cinnamony brandy.
Top up with cherry liquor.
Add 2 strands of liquorice strings (another candy).

Enjoy!

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Skittles vodka, huh. ..... as someone I admire said, "Who am I to judge?".... plus, when Boones Farm came out, I thought it was great stuff..... who am I to judge?.... enjoy, Terry, enjoy! That's what it's all about, my friend.

I love your idea about the cinnamon stick and brandy. There is way too much chemistry in what we ingest nowadays, so I look for natural ways of flavoring. ..... and I do consider raspberry flavoring from beaver anal glands natural BTW.... hey, at least it's a cute animal that tricks our senses and not a human in a lab coat devising artificial flavorings!....

Now, all you beautiful, creative ATS members, this leads to something you can help me with. In advance, I ask forgiveness for my Irish and German genes that imparted a certain sense of humor.... but, hey, it rather is a realistic way of looking at life and helping one to get through the tough times..... and I apologize to my PETA baby sister, but you have those same genes, too!.....

Ok, here goes.... I need all of U to come up with a cocktail called the Dead Whale On The Bow.... you know, to commemorate that tragic event.... tragic to the whale if it had been alive and had been hit by that cruise ship.... come to think of it, it certainly would be tragic to the cruise line, too.... bad publicity and all..... but, well, if the bow just happened to have made contact with a poor dead whale and carried it to an Alaskan port, well, then that good whale, even in death, has been somewhere in Alaska I have not been.... cheers, Cetus, for you will always be remembered by me in the constellation, or this drink!

....Ok, so, what say all ye... about the drink, not me, please....

I originally thought about using Asian fish sauce, but then ran into "fat-washing" a cocktail. Maybe that would be more suitable. Do google "fat-washed cocktails" to learn about it. If fat-wash, what would I use? Wild caught salmon or scallops, oysters.....crab would be a good candidate but I'm allergic.... what ingredients go in a Dead Whale On The Bow??

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I originally thought about using Asian fish sauce, but then ran into "fat-washing" a cocktail. Maybe that would be more suitable. Do google "fat-washed cocktails" to learn about it. If fat-wash, what would I use? Wild caught salmon or scallops, oysters.....crab would be a good candidate but I'm allergic.... what ingredients go in a Dead Whale On The Bow??

Maybe something similar to an Oyster Shooter concept.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Are you wanting a drink that represents or tastes like a dead whale?

(Schnapps (not the peach rubbish) and fermented cod/shark with a bit of tomato juice? Kind of like a messed up Bloody Mary?)
edit on 3152016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Oh, no, then I feel obligated to use whale blubber, which I most definitely could not do. However, I like the idea of the sea life shooter. Possibilities. I was thinking something involving blue, to represent Cetus's home...served in a plastic glass ... to represent the plastic Pacific gyre in Cetis's home ... maybe that is too cheesy. I don't know.

I hadn't thought of that! U people really are beautiful and creative! .... I better go with represent .... or is that too artificial.... or nasty tasting/smelling.... no, better "tastes like".... no! that's nasty, too.... now I'm sorry I asked.... ooh, reminds me of ceviche that's been left out all day on a warm day.... better not have any dead whale representation..... but it IS a Dead Whale On The Bow..... ok, let's have more than one version....

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

You can use a more palatable seafood option as opposed to whale blubber. I have had shooters prepared in many different ways, both alcoholic and non.

Although it is closer to moose than seafood.

edit on 31-5-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

(Schnapps (not the peach rubbish) and fermented cod/shark with a bit of tomato juice? Kind of like a messed up Bloody Mary?)

Hey, hey, now we're getting somewhere! But what flavor Schnapps?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Hey, hey, now we're getting somewhere! But what flavor Schnapps?

The non fruity flavoured kind of schnapps. Tastes kind of like a strong gin.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

If you want something to represent (other than what I've already put) how about something like this?

Base - cherry liquor (red/blood?)
Middle - Malibu (clear)
Top - bols blue (whales are blue)

You'll get a bit of a bleed into the Malibu from the other 2, but they should meet in the middle. That means there should be a clear layer in the center.

I'm pretty sure the weights are correct to have it that way round too.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

After I thought about it I would either do some sort of take on the Bullshot, which is consommé and vodka, or a Bloody Bull which is a Bloody Mary with beef bullion added. The garnish can be some sort of beef on a cocktail skewer along with some other more traditional garnishes. A salt rimed glass would also add another dimension.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Drinks and dinner in one sitting!

I like it

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join