It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good news for some, I'm off-line (ish)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
So my broadband wifi box is broke and I've already rinsed out this months mobile contract data transfer allowance. Gotta wait X many days for the new box to come through the post so I'm relying on other options right now.

I could purchase more data for my phone but I've been enjoying today having to use my ISP wifi hotspots and other free places such as McD's lol.
ATS is almost an addiction FFS, it's quite nice to not have it so easy sat on the sofa, I've done loads of housework this evening.

Right now I'm sat on the 8th step on my stairs in my house at the window catching the faint wifi hotpot from my ISP which I can log into with my contracted account. My house has 1 foot+ thick stone walls so it's the only place I can find to catch the signal.

No real purpose to this thread other than to share the good news that this opinionated prick won't be posting much at the moment, and to offer an explanation to anyone who replies to me and I don't get back to them.

Right, I've been on the naughty step long enough now, sofa and DVD calling me, please feel free to share your own 'getting on-line' stories and conversations here...i'll pop back up to the 8th step to read a bit of ATS later...my replies may be limited though so enjoy the time of my dog with a bone contributions being limited for a while lol

edit on 14.4.2016 by grainofsand because: Stupid auto-correct

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I miss you already!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Oh no what will we do with out you

I work away a lot over the summer months with little acess to the outside world and for the first 3 days or so I hate it.

Then after a while I forget all about the rest of the world and just enjoy living outdoors and sitting round a campfire and talking to real people and getting drunk.

then I get home a few months later and find out all kinds of crazy stuff, I remember coming back and finding the Tories had been back in power for 2 months once and felt like going back again.

Also Alex Higgins dying I was pretty sad about that.

Good luck and imagine how much you will get done without this infernal distracter.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

You'll have interesting conversations without me derailing them!

Totally get your summer festival freedom from the net though, I think I've realised I'm a full on addict sat here on my stairs desperately clinging to my ISP wifi hotspot lol...even the cat is looking at me like I'm weird.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
My house is like hitler's bunker the signal is terrible at times I feel ur pain ..

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Have I ever had any problems with you? For some reason I don't seem to
know who you are.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Who are you?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Haha cheers for the replies folks, quite the chuckle!
Very good to learn I'm mostly under the radar as an ATS member...but I shouldn't really be surprised seeing as I tend to keep myself to myself here!

...I'm quite liking posting from my naughty step now, got an ashtray and southern comfort, may move some scatter cushions here as well.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Who are you?

Who are you to ask?

Some of you new guys have very high opinions of yourselves...

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Haha cheers for the replies folks, quite the chuckle!
Very good to learn I'm mostly under the radar as an ATS member...but I shouldn't really be surprised seeing as I tend to keep myself to myself here!

...I'm quite liking posting from my naughty step now, got an ashtray and southern comfort, may move some scatter cushions here as well.

Southern comfort is my naughty drink. I am usually good with spirits but show me a bottle of that and I will forget everything for the sweet sweet taste of sickly # you that comes with it.

Either that or sailor jerry's. It's like a big bottle of I'm not going to work tomorrow and you can all kiss my arse.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Tell me about it.

Wait, are you the dude or the chick part of the duo?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Tell me about it.

Wait, are you the dude or the chick part of the duo?

We take turns obviously, don't you?
...I smell selfish bastard

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

That must be aggravating as all hell.

My sincerest commiserations! Hopefully the company whose equipment is required, will not be tardy in their delivery of the article.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Just remember not to post after your 2 beer limit mate... we all know about how unpleasant you can get.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Ah I'll take it as it is but nice one

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Lol, hark at you! You can be a right prick sometimes after a 440ml can of sheep's piss fosters!

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Bed now though, sitting on the stairs to post is lame

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
GoS will be gone. Thank God. We can finally bring out the good silver, put away the air fresheners, and buy some decent beer again.

When you don't have internet, its like living in 1995 all over again. I always wanna just put on Gangsta's Paradise or watch some Friends. You know, something 90's.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Fosters !?

Only pom's drink that bats piss !

Aussies will take your comment with a grain of sand ...

🚫

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Southern Comfort is my favorite drink as well.I also like Canadian Club
and Brandy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join