It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Webcam Filming?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Can webcam film paranormal activity?Or do we need a special kind of lens to catch paranormal activity down on tape?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
you can't catch paranormal activity on film. it can only be seen by the naked eye.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I have a Genius webcam, and it doesn't seem to record any paranormal activity. I seriously tried many times to record ufos and aliens near me, but without result. The 640X480 True colour should be enough for this. Is it possible, that aliens are much smarter than that?!

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I have done some reseach and found this website.Has anyone tried this camera before?And how much does it cost?

Links: www.paranormalworld.com...

[edit on 14-1-2005 by Kronn]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I don't think, that it will record aliens with better chance than a conventional camera. Jus a bit better resolution, that's all. Needed for studio recording, not to hunt down reptilians and greys.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
For reasons too complex to explain without devoting a great deal of time into this thread, I will simply state that you should use regular film cameras with 1000 speed film or higher (UV film also works well) and try to find a camera you can adjust the shutter speed to allow for long exposures. Digital photography is a wonderful technology, but the end result is a digital representation of only the visible spectrum, real film emulsions with silver hallide actually capture a broader range of the spectrum, which is why a strong electromagnetic field or radiation will effect your negatives. I worked with a paranormal research group for about two years and this was one thing we absolutely were adamant about in our investigations. The theory being that electromagnetic fields and other resonant energies that are normally invisible to the naked eye, still are forms of energy, and the reaction of film emulsions to that energy is the whole principle of photographhy. I hope this makes sense.

Another tip as a side note, try to get shots from two different cameras at two different angles as well, if you get some images, this will allow you to rule out light leaks or other camera related problems, to make a three dimensional measurement of size and motion, and it will help validate your photographs later when you go to publish or make public your results.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Why would UFOs generate electromagnetic field??? Just because they can fly without wings? Very odd statement many people claim.

Filming and waiting to bait a UFO with conventional filming is rather expensive. Digital technology allows you to do that over and over again. But aliens couldn't be that stupid to fly UFOs near your camera, if they are observing you.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kronn
Can webcam film paranormal activity?Or do we need a special kind of lens to catch paranormal activity down on tape?

This is the orignal post, which says nothing about UFO's. You can see a UFO with your naked eye, therefore it is in the visible range of the electromagnetic spectrum, no? Which means digital photography which captures a representation of that narrow band of visible light would be fine if the thread were about UFO's. Sigh.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
"Paranormal activity" clearly means to me the activity of an intelligent lifeform, that is unexplained. Therefore, the hovering of alien crafts, or alien beings behind you while posting on ATS, or shadowpeople running up and down at the corner of your eyes.

Let's assume, all this is real: They are not that stupid, to let you film them, and make a fortune of your photos. But I strongly believe, if someone is this much into finding those aliens in his home, he must be seriously ill.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Alrighty then, Kronn I hope the info helps.

Vertu, apparently you lack any personal experience with paranormal activity, hence your cynicism, but I can assure you that there are things beyond your visual perception that whiz by you through and around you at any given moment. No, not aliens, but particles, waves, fields, neutrinos, things that your eyes and ears aren't going to see, but that are there nonetheless and detectable with equipment capable of percieving things that I cannot.
Let's drop the word alien for a moment, for your sake.
You can say, i don't see them, or feel or hear them, so i don't believe in Microwaves, but the tumor on the side of your head in a few decades from excessive cell phone use will be very real. Now, apply that same concept to ghosts, spirits, whatever you want to call them. I have seen some pretty strange crap in my life, things that are impossible to explain without admitting that obviously something is happening beyond my sensory perception.

Paranormal means things beyond normal, that is all it means. Intelligent lifeforms? That is really a very narrow definition of a much broader concept here. Let's assume your skepticism is based on a lack of personal experience to compel you to respect the experience others might have had. Seriously ill? That's kind of a rude preconception of something you obviously lack the experience to culminate into anything but a slanted insult. I don't know how old you are, I don't know what your dad said to you about ghosts or aliens for that matter, but I would venture to say that you will eventually know what I am talking about when I say that wierd chit happens sometimes, and will probably happen to you before your time here is up. When it does, you may want to know what camera to use as well.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Let's drop the word alien for a moment, for your sake.
You can say, i don't see them, or feel or hear them, so i don't believe in Microwaves, but the tumor on the side of your head in a few decades from excessive cell phone use will be very real. Now, apply that same concept to ghosts, spirits, whatever you want to call them. I have seen some pretty strange crap in my life, things that are impossible to explain without admitting that obviously something is happening beyond my sensory perception.

So what are the facts? You want to overpower those paranormal activities around you, you want to control them and make steps towards/against them.

If a person is really capable to buy and set up cameras to find out what's going on, then he must be really serious about it... don't you think? I just want you to know, that it's not the right thing to do. You can spend money and time on anything else, but not on searching for weird creatures/microwaves and their activities. Anyway, there afre far better experts than you and me, who are currently working on things like this, and you can gain answers from free E-books or interviews etc...

Why am I that rude? Because you are not serious at all. This whole thread makes no sense at all, but if it does, I may write a great book on it. Could become a bestseller....

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu

So what are the facts? You want to overpower those paranormal activities around you, you want to control them and make steps towards/against them.

If a person is really capable to buy and set up cameras to find out what's going on, then he must be really serious about it... don't you think? I just want you to know, that it's not the right thing to do. You can spend money and time on anything else, but not on searching for weird creatures/microwaves and their activities. Anyway, there afre far better experts than you and me, who are currently working on things like this, and you can gain answers from free E-books or interviews etc...

Why am I that rude? Because you are not serious at all. This whole thread makes no sense at all, but if it does, I may write a great book on it. Could become a bestseller....

Since you think this thread make no sense then you shouldnt participate in it.This thread is for people who are interested in such things and for people who have some knowledge in this field and who like to share their knowledge.And regarding the level of my interest and seriousness in this subject is of no concern of yours

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kronn
And regarding the level of my interest and seriousness in this subject is of no concern of yours

Do you really think, I believe that you would install video cameras in your house just to see those ghosts/activities? You wouldn't do that, neither would I. I still suggest you to read the opinions of those, who already have tried this. I don't think it's worth for you to do things proving the least effort, but taking the most energy. And what's the prize? The picture of an assumed ghost... well, I can make you one with Photoshop.
it IS serious!!

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
www.paraimservices.com...

Just intresting!

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar
www.paraimservices.com...

Just intresting!

yeah... full of water. I guess, ppl know how to fill Mars. . .

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If a full growth tree that is about 5-7 metres high shakes violently up and down which looks like something is jumping on it but you cant see what it is and it happened on a windless night in front of u.Can you tell me what it is?Anyway that tree belong to an haunted school which had to be closed down due to the haunting and sightings by a lot of students and teachers.And the hauntings actually happened during daytime in the toilets.
But the point of this thread is not to prove if i really believe in ghost or ufo but to find out the prices of equidment use to study such activity and using equidment to tell the differences between illusion and reality.And regarding using photoshop to make ghost pictures is a dumb idea cause i find it very dumb to knowingly lie to yourself.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I just posted that because you asked about wecams, I just thought you might find it intresting.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You mean that tree should be grabbed by ghosts to make it sway? Well, I doubt that ghosts are that strong...

Anyway, many people have illusion when moving to a place where serial killers sliced up their victims... try to live in a house where you have just cleaned the blood off all the walls. Now this is what would make you feel that a place is haunted. Not the swaying of trees, or sounds. The fact, that your new house was a butchery!

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
You should talk Vertu, you beleive Thailand deliberatly ignored a tsunami warning! Hellooooo......

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The entire school was move to share with another school nearby.And they remove all the windows and doors of the haunted building so that sunlight can penetrate the building throughly.And it was left in this state for a couple of years.Only recent years did they use this building as an art school,but i think the hauntings have ceased.Cos the art school have been around for some years and there isnt anymore complaints.And i have been living in my house ever since i am born,is 28 years old now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join