It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is silver bullion really a good idea?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
They started making brass nickels too by the way....
Silver is just one of the hedges one needs in a potpuri of items for SHTF
Spices , food, even seeds will not age forever like silver or gold....
Everything has a best before date attached except bullion....
It will still be just as shiny 30 yrs hence...

Paper Silver certificates have got the silver supply sold at 100 paper to the real ounce...
In other words those certificates are worthless, as are gold certs...in a SHTF scenario....
Only real physical metals will be accepted for trade...

Your stocks and bonds are already just paper and not very nourishing if all you can do is eat them...
They will buy damn little in a collapse...

I keep 5000 $ in metals (mostly siver, half bars half coins, and a little gold) plus trade goods like wind up and self winding watches, etc...

5000 $ in ready cash ( which I will blow on food etc if it starts to devalue )

A couple months food

And a few shootin irons and ammo to go with them
The rest is fishing gear,traps for crab and prawns....
full fuel tanks
medicines and first aid kit of decent size, tools
filters, and spares, lube In 20 litre pails,

And the research to know where im headed at the first sign of SHTF.......
like like paper charts, working radar, GPS and compasses....
Binoculars, survival suits, a dingy and oars and small motor.....
Stuff like that...
.also gold mining gear pans sluice, pump, shovels axe, etc....
Lots of rope , a chain saw,Also I have solar chargers and am looking for a good wind genny and a pelton wheel....
I have a wet suit, dry suit, air tanks, etc as well...
this is a partial list but I keep adding # to it as it comes my way....

edit on 14-4-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

You tube explanation for current conditions on the markets
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The best metal to invest in at the moment is lead ... preferably covered by a thin plate of copper.

The markup on silver now is about 15 times what you could get for it in a SHTF scenario. Of course, there will probably be absolutely no value whatsoever to paper money. The markup on gold is probably ten times that of silver. I see it as a very bad investment. My uncle bought me a 40 lb. bar for $20K, back when it was going for $35 an ounce. There hasn't been a favorable investment period since that time.

The most valuable commodities in SHTF are going to be safe space, water and food ... in that order. Gold and silver won't buy those things when people only have enough for themselves and their kin.

The best investments you can make these days are called friends.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
The best investments you can make these days are called friends.

If you have a supply of spices and know how to cook you will be the most valuable person in your group.

Even if we don't end up in a SHTF scenario, good cooking makes you real popular in public, more so in private.

Not a skill I possess, but I hang out with a lot of people who do. It's definitely worth learning to cook well.

Failing that, invest in skills rather than stuff. Stuff degrades, it gets lost, stolen, damaged, wears out, or gets used up. Skills never go away, they only improve if you use them. A little bit of stuff like some tools you can use and trade bait like spices (there's those cooking skills again) are useful but knowing some sort of trade that can be done without electricity is better.

Or to put this another way, you can spend all day fishing as long as you have bait and working poles/traps, or you can spend 3 hours collecting and cooking the fish, and varying the dishes enough that you don't go insane from eating the same thing every day.
edit on 14-4-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: InMyShell

Is silver bullion really a good idea?

Don't be too concerned. You've heard talk on here about the sheeple and how due to their sheer numbers the NWO is going to come in because there are to few of us to be effective in repelling it. Well, those same sheer sheeple numbers are going to run out and buy silver when TSHTF because they is what they know to do.

Also at some point in time inflation will take off and destroy anyone who has not got some insurance against inflation, ie gold or silver. Inflation will take off because 90-95% all the money in the world is electronic money which is supplied by and controlled by the banks. To make matters worse, there are no laws in any country, to limit how much or how little money the banks can choose to create. Inflation, deflation, booms and busts are all controlled by the banks particularly the federal reserve in the US.

The price gold and solver is very manipulated and has been for some years now. PCR has a very good article that describes in detail how this manipulation of the price of gold and silver is done.

you brought your silver for a reason, the reason is just as valid today as it was when you brought it so don't loose your nerve or your will regret it.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
The dollar is getting stronger invest in something liquid and that's tied to the value of the dollars

The trend will continue

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ran across this profit opportunity news... 31 oct '16 Halloween no-less...

the link: srsroccoreport.com...

Global Interest In Silver Investment Expands As South Africa Adds New Silver Krugerrand
Filed in News, Precious Metals by SRSrocco on October 31, 2016

it is a fact that South Africa will mint 500,000 1 oz SILVER Krugerrands this November 2016...

which is anticipating the 2017 50th anniversary of issuing the first GOLD Kugerrand in 1967

the article says Silver & Platinum coins will be a steady supply from their Mint for years to come

I am anxious to own one of these first 1/2 million Silver Krugerrands... I wonder if just expensive dealers will be hawking these collectors coins at Outlandish prices....................... my guess at $200. USD ea.
edit on st31147796192531582016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join