It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your personal WildLife Photos here!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I posted a thread yesterday asking some folks to help me identify a hawk that had come into my yard. It got some good response and also got me thinking.
I live outside of the city in Okeechobee Florida and I have quite a bit of wildlife that comes into my yard. While they aren't exactly My pets, I do love all of them and they bring me as much comfort to see them daily as much as my beloved cat.

So, I thought this might be a good place to share photos of what you may have taken of the wildlife around your areas. I know Id love to see what others get visiting them too. A lot of people that live in the big cities don't get the blessings we do being up this close to nature, and since there are members here from all over the world, we might see some very unusual or interesting photos.

All I ask is that you post photos that you have taken, be it in your yard or neighborhood, or even from trips you may have been on and to identify what it is, lol unless of course it is obvious like a rabbit or chicken or something!

Hope you like this idea, and I hope to see lots of pictures! I posted these two new ones on the other thread, but I will post them here as well to get this started.

Enjoy

A Great Blue Heron:

A Sand Hill Crane with its Colt:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Oh, you mean animal wild life,
. I couldn't resist.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Beautiful birds! This is a curved-bill thrasher whose bill got out of hand...

And a nest of the same kind of bird. It's in the middle of a huge cholla cactus, so very protected.

edit on 4/14/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

This is the only one I have. A bunny on my lawn

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Wow, how did its bill end up like that? I mean is it suppose to be like that? Amazing it has survived. I guess animals adapt as we do, but still, very curious as to how it ended up like that.
Nice pictures either way.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Great Thread Idea...

Here are some I have taken over the years

My backyard Hummers

Does a Bear....... Apparently yes

Two Bucks

A Squirrel enjoying the sun

Bear did not want me taking his picture

More later

Hope you all enjoy them

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Their bills are naturally curved, but not like that. My guess is that this one had a genetic fault that caused it to keep growing. It was in our feeder one day and it was actually managing to pick up seeds and eat them just fine. So, my guess is that he found a way to adapt.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Awesome thread and pics!!!!!!!!

This owl was in our yard last Summer.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Here are three pics I took several years ago of hummingbirds...

Beautiful creatures, they are.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

Those are some excellent shots you have. Good to know the bear does... lol thanks for the update on that! A hummingbird feeder is next on my list. I have a good acre that is just a blank slate waiting for a garden to be planted. I intend on have many hummingbird, butterfly plant friendly flowers in the near future.

I have tons of squirrels that have taken over my feeders, but woodpeckers, cardinals, and blue jays manage to get their fill as well. The squirrels are quite the characters though aren't they?

Are you located in the great out west or were those bucks and bears from a trip you may have taken?

Thank you for my "message" too btw...

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
These are from our best friends. Roadrunner at hummingbird feeder.

Bat at feeders:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Lol you can never go wrong with bunnies! We actually found two babies the momma had made a hole for in the yard a couple weeks ago. Hard to tell by the picture because I didn't want to move them, but there are two in the photo. She has moved them since

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
StareDad is greeting you

Carret tortoise

White tipped reef shark around 1.7m in 10m depth. Was afraid of me. ^^

Young tortoise

Mimic octopus

Some kind of snail

Sorry, can´t upload anymore!
I also have macros of tiny colorful snails, a spanish dancer, murenas, sepia, different skates
you choose it ;-)

But those are on another drive not accessable to me now. If people wish, I can upload them in a week.
Oh an a speck of a 5m whale shark

edit on 14-4-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

What a great picture and some awesome magic to go with it! Any idea what kind of owl it is? I stepped outside on the deck one night for a smoke and a owl with a huge wingspan flew right over my head. I actually ducked. Was very cool and gave me goosebumps!

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

That's cool, Ive never actually seen a roadrunner besides the cartoon! Did it eat from the feeder too? Apparently the bats do, Never knew that.

So many awesome pictures going up here now, I love it. Glad you folks are sharing such beauty with us all.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I hope you can share more in the future, those are great! SeaHunt was my hero when I was growing up! Growing up in Florida, I have always loved diving and snorkeling. Have some pretty wild stories, but those are for another day! Thanks for posting what you could

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I love scuba diving, what´s your club, I´m certified CMAS instructor, my number is 0007.
I´m not kidding you, I was one of the first :-)
Although, I don´t instruct and master anymore.

edit on 14-4-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Zeebs in the small private game reserve that borders our yard. They drive my Great Dane Lily doolally,she So badly wants to interact with them

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Lol, well they certainly aren't something everyone has in their backyard! What else wanders around back there? Is this here in the States?

edit on 4/14/16 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

beautiful thread

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join