It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 60k in Federal Taxes for 2015

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

$380k/yr is "filthy" rich? I guess my wife can trade in her 17 year old Saturn and go get an Benz G Wagon after all.

Wait what ? You and your partner have a combined income of 380k and you cannot afford a new car, you in fact still drive a 17 year old car.....you are so full of # it hurts...seriously dude

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

$61K? not to say I WANT more taxes or AGREE with more taxes but... I'll trade you if you want. You take my income and tax and I'll take yours.

Your tax is ~95% of my TOTAL pay for the year. Which means that after Fed tax you still had more then 2X my gross income. (of course that is based on you having no major "strange" tax issues this year.)

Personally I would love to be in your place.

But you are right we BOTH would be in better places with less Fed taxes. I wouldn't even mind so much if they used it for infrastructure replacement and hard research instead of handouts.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
Our highest tax bracket is normally 39.6%. But it is a sliding scale and that # only applies to anything over about $420K.

most people fall into the 25-33% bracket $37K - $420K.

Hope that helps

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Nope sliding tax scale 10% - 39% based on amount.

$61K taxes works out to be about $180K. But that could be wrong because there are also all kinds of "special" issues that could go into it. Capital gains, selling property etc...

But ~$180 is a good guess

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Funny how they all call you 1% now. Wonder if they really know what that term means? In that tax bracket you are in the upper middle class, but no where near that 1% area.

Or do they just plan on keep taking until that "1%" means anything over $50K a year?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If you're paying that much in taxes, you're wealthy, even though you may not think it. You mentioned that this figure is a combination of both personal and business tax, a business that you own. Suck it up, princess. Those taxes you're paying made YOU possible.

I am never surprised when someone making tons of cash comes on here and bellyaches about paying taxes and how the "lower class" (his words, not mine) are getting a free ride. Newsflash: if you're still feeling pinched making $200-$400k a year, your money-management skills probably suck, and that's nobody's problem but yours.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Because sixty thousand plus is too damned much, that's why.

And I'm one of those who only earns half of what he paid out in taxes in a year.

What's he getting for the enormous outlay? I submit, not a hell of a lot.

He's got reason to gripe.

I'm fairly certain, most of these folks wouldn't be so pissed off about it if the govt. were a tad bit more efficient in spending it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join