It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to erase the embarressment of a failed life?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I suggest volunteering some time with less fortunate creatures, such as abandoned animals at your local shelter, or at a food bank. Doing so MAY put things into perspective for you.
edit on 4142016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
Schulyer. I too had a life changing event in my life. I was in my early twentys, when I literally crashed and burned, and I have the physical scars to prove it.

During that time in my life I thought my life was over, and I was praying that it would happen much quicker than it was taking place. The pain, the fear, the embarrassment, and the lost of everything, in my mind, was just too much to bear. When I didn't die, I was between a rock and a hard place. Life didn't stop moving, and I had to catch up with it.

It didn't give me much time for a pity party. I was running so fast that by the time I realized I didn't have to run any more, I was just a few steps from going over the hill. I don't regret any choices I made, though I am sure I would have made some different ones, if it had not been for the unfortunate event in my life. Not necessarily better ones, just different ones, hindsight being 20/20.

I do know that like you, if it had not been for what I thought was the most disastrous moment in my life, I would not be where I am today, and that almost all the good things that happened to me in my life, after that event, can be traced back to that very moment.

Sometimes horrible things have to happen before the beautiful things in your life can appear. I am your proverbial Phoenix. Life is full of surprises; both good and bad.
edit on 14-4-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: word edits.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: schuyler

Sometimes horrible things have to happen before the beautiful things in your life can appear. I am your proverbial Phoenix. Life is full of surprises; both good and bad.

Thanks for your post.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Don't be to hard on yourself. See as humans most of us cause major problems for ourselves. Why? Because life is a learning process and there are many things that can happen that are outside of our realm of control. By like age 40 or 50 most people have experienced some major setbacks in life. No one ever starts out as an expert on life and how to do it. And your not too old to start over. KFC went on to start his chicken empire starting at age 65. Also u did the best u could at the time based on the limited information skills and experience u had available. Of course hind sight is 29/29. It's easy to look back and know how u should have done things. The simple face that u realize now where u went wrong shows humility and therefore partly redeems u. That insight is ur huge accomplishment and redemption. But I'd pray about it and ask God to help u at this point in life. That is probably ur next best approach to getting back on good graces if ur like getting really old. But seriously. Life is hard. Most don't get it right. But then they get it right by realizing where they went wrong. It's not over until the fat lady sings. Ur not done yet. Try something new. Reinvent ur life even at this point. There's nothing stopping u.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

This is for U

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I have to forgive myself.
I f..ked up, but there is no way I could have done differently. Back then, it was going to happen.

I'm much more aware of things now. Too late, but maybe this was meant to be.

<< 1  2   >>

join