It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No charges in W.Va. chicken torture

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
Why is it folk go brain dead ape# moronic and scream about how they love a steak at the first mention of animal cruelty? Where is the connection in their sick minds between eating meat and not giving a # about cruelty to animals?

This is something that has always bothered me too. How moronic does one have to be!? Why is it that in order to eat eat meat, they think it's ok to abuse another living creature that we share our planet with!? It has never, not one time that I have seen this topic come up...that some numnut doesn't start with the, "Well I love my steak" "Idiots that don't want you to eat meat"....no one is saying you can't eat meat
while not a huge meat eater, I eat meat....but to eat meat does not mean the animal giving it's life for us to eat can't be treated respectfully and it damn well shouldn't be abused....if you don't care about it because your are human being with compassion....then you should care because an animal that freighted releases hormones that you then ingest...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
I'm curious...did any of you actually see the video footage of the cruelty? NO animal should be subjected to that.

There was no video in the link that Drhoracid gave.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Shes talking about the video the threadstarter of "kfc kentucky fried cruelty" thread posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and heres the link to the video

www.peta.org...

[edit on 093131p://30019 by instar]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The video shown on the PETA websight depicts a hidden camera filming workers throwing chickens behind them into the wall with a resounding thud. This is not something I condone, or admire. But the fact is, this is not a wide spread thing. It is an isolated incident and the people involved should loose thier jobs. Its a unfortunite thing to happen, but it doesnt happen at every single plant in the world. Most of us meat eaters dont want the animals we eat to suffer. The only way you can guarentee this is to go hunt it and kill it yourself. Most of us dont have time to do this with a job, family, and ATS to contend with. We just accept that the animal we are eating has been humanely butchered and packaged for our consumption. Sometimes things like this slip through the cracks. It doesnt make it right, but really, what are you going to do?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The animals we raise and eat should be respected and treated humanely -- there's absolutely no excuse for this type of abuse.

Peta's problem is they go overboard and become barking moonbats when they tell people fish are as intelligent as cats and dogs and people shouldn't eat any meat, eggs, milk or wear leather.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Peta's problem is they go overboard and become barking moonbats when they tell people fish are as intelligent as cats and dogs and people shouldn't eat any meat, eggs, milk or wear leather.

This is exactly the problem with PETA. They have good intentions, but you cant get someone listen to your point of view when you are attempting to shove it down thier throats.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Why is it folk go brain dead ape# moronic and scream about how they love a steak at the first mention of animal cruelty?

Ill tell you one thing, Instar, if you or anyone ever even cussed my dog out, I'd hang you from the tree in my backyArd!

Now, if you'll Xcuse me.. I have a T-bone to get back to...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The bastards should at least be getting animal cruelty charges, for inhumane treatment!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The animals we raise for food in some cases should not be treated humanely. I submit veal as evidence, the crueler the treatment of the calf the better the veal tastes.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
The animals we raise for food in some cases should not be treated humanely. I submit veal as evidence, the crueler the treatment of the calf the better the veal tastes.

No one should eat meat anyway, it's all contaminated with chemicals, antibiotics, growth hormones, and PRION's. The PRION's are the real nasty things. Prion's are the direct result of cannibalisim. The practice of feeding animal parts back to the same animals being raised. That is where mad cow disease came from. So go "gut" a good stalk of celery, it probably only has pesticides..............

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   

How the F*ck do you figure that in ? Thats just sick dispicable BS of the worst kind. Prove your BS statement if you can, or crawl back under your rock!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Simple instar,
the best tasting veal is raised in very cruel conditions.
The calves are placed in crates only slightly larger than thier bodies so they cannot move making the meat far more tender, n addition they are force fed milk on a continous basis so as to provide richer flavor.
Now compare that to veal raised in free range farms which are allowed to move freely and only eat when they are hungary, the meat is tougher with less flavor.
It is because of the cruel conditons the calves are kept in veal tastes so good.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Simple instar,
the best tasting veal is raised in very cruel conditions.
The calves are placed in crates only slightly larger than thier bodies so they cannot move making the meat far more tender, n addition they are force fed milk on a continous basis so as to provide richer flavor.
Now compare that to veal raised in free range farms which are allowed to move freely and only eat when they are hungary, the meat is tougher with less flavor.
It is because of the cruel conditons the calves are kept in veal tastes so good.

I dont buy it! thats just your say so, no proof whatsoever. No science.
Even if it was so, its still dispicable. Back up your wild and offensive claim, or dont make it at all.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
uh here you go instar.
BTW it took me all of 2 seconds to find this on google, searched veal it was the second link.
Next time why don't you try using your brain and finding the informaton for yourself.
www.britishmeat.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   

uh here you go instar.
BTW it took me all of 2 seconds to find this on google, searched veal it was the second link.
Next time why don't you try using your brain and finding the informaton for yourself.
www.britishmeat.com...

LMFAO, use YOUR brain, that doesent back your bs claim that it taste better due to cruelty, it just explains the cruelty. Stand on a chair and raise your iq a few points and try again. You make the claim, YOU back it up!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Uhhh instar are you an idiot or do you just play one on the net?
The calves movement is restricted so they do not devolp strong muscle. Strong muscle is tougher than weak muscle. Duh

Do you really need a link to know that?
If I sated that exercise develops muscle would you need a link to prove that too?

You want proof? Go to a butcher, buy cruelty free veal and regular, cook and taste.

I mean really, havent you ever eaten veal? It is common knowledge why these practices are used, and it doesnt take a genius to understand that the less devolped the muscle is the more tender the meat will be.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I knew you couldnt back your outrageous claim. your still digging! It may be more tender but thats texture Not taste!
Even so, are you saying this dispicable treatment is ok, acceptable for more tender meat?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I knew you couldnt back your outrageous claim. your still digging! It may be more tender but thats texture Not taste!
Even so, are you saying this dispicable treatment is ok, acceptable for more tender meat?

No instar I'm not still digiing. I really don't care whether you reconise a fact as such or not. Like I said test it. Or don't.
And yes I have no problem with this treatment whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Ok, to put it simply, compare the "taste" of a good sirloin steak with that of veal. The milk force fed veal that lives its pittiful life in a cage tastes completely different. In fact one is RED the other is White in color even.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
And I say that Taste is completely subjective, therefore your claim is also subjective and cannot be backed up scientifically. Keep digging! If you do think its ok then I can only wish on you the same treatment, you sick bastard!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join