It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No charges in W.Va. chicken torture

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
"MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- Criminal charges will not be filed against workers who allegedly tortured chickens at a West Virginia processing plant, a prosecutor said yesterday.

Ginny Conley, acting executive director of the West Virginia Prosecuting Attorneys Institute and Wood County's prosecutor, had struggled to find a lawyer willing to serve as special prosecutor in the case against former employees of the Pilgrim's Pride Corp. plant in Moorefield.

"After reviewing the evidence and conferring with other prosecutors, I've made the decision the incident does not rise to the level of a criminal prosecution due to the fact that these were chickens in a slaughterhouse," she said.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals quickly condemned the decision and vowed to keep fighting."

www.post-gazette.com...

Here is a prime example of the overuse of the word "torture" and the insanity of the liberal left known as PETA.

Should chickens have "human" rights? What if the chickens were "Muslim"? Is this another example of Bush's "torture" memo's? Has it filtered down into his "robots" at the chicken slaughterhouse? WAS Abu Graib a "slaughethouse"?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
"MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- Criminal charges will not be filed against workers who allegedly tortured chickens at a West Virginia processing plant, a prosecutor said yesterday.

Stop the world, I wanna get off!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
What can I say, dead chickens can't talk either, can they? Maybe inhumane treatment occurred, for which there are laws against in the books....

The intent on torture is to coerce the person to either act a certian way, or to tell things they don't want to tell.. Torture that kills the person before this occurs is considered a failure.

And, well, most animals are too dumb to be coerced.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Here is a prime example of the overuse of the word "torture" and the insanity of the liberal left known as PETA.

Aww, C'mon Doc, How about saying it like this:Here is a prime example of the overuse of the word "torture" and the insanity of the orgasnisation known as PETA. Though deemed left in nature by most conservatives, there many Liberals who see PETA as a joke when they attempt to save chickens

Should chickens have "human" rights? What if the chickens were "Muslim"? Is this another example of Bush's "torture" memo's? Has it filtered down into his "robots" at the chicken slaughterhouse? WAS Abu Graib a "slaughethouse"?

Well hell no chickens shouldnt have human rights. I can see where they should be treated fairly untill its time for the kill, but other than that, get those suckers cleaned! IM READY FOR SOME SUPER HOT WINGS!

And, well, if you want to talk polotics, Abu Graib was on its way to becoming a slaughter house. They just got caught before it went that far.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Human rights for CHICKENS?! What kind of monkey sh*t is that!
Oh yeah.. we are talking about PETA.. My bad.
Those folks mean well, but they got more than a few screws loose. God made chickens to make chicken wings! Pass the RANCH dressing, KIDFINGER!

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Human rights for CHICKENS?! What kind of monkey sh*t is that!
Oh yeah.. we are talking about PETA.. My bad.
Those folks mean well, but they got more than a few screws loose. God made chickens to make chicken wings! Pass the RANCH dressing, KIDFINGER!

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

Hooters, hooters, hooters,

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Hooters, hooters, hooters,

We'll meet ya there at 7.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
ya, there was a story out awhile back, now they don't want you to eat fish either...turns out fish are very intelligent animals!!!
I bet if we give them enough time, they'll work their way down to the potatoes and beets......it's so cruel to eat those little suckers ya know. And, well, there are scientific studies out there that show that not only do they feel pain but they can send out signals to alert all the other plants in your garden of the danger. Now how cruel is that? making all those poor little beans, carrots, cucumbers, and lettuce live with such fear!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
ya, there was a story out awhile back, now they don't want you to eat fish either...turns out fish are very intelligent animals!!!
I bet if we give them enough time, they'll work their way down to the potatoes and beets......it's so cruel to eat those little suckers ya know. And, well, there are scientific studies out there that show that not only do they feel pain but they can send out signals to alert all the other plants in your garden of the danger. Now how cruel is that? making all those poor little beans, carrots, cucumbers, and lettuce live with such fear!

Notice there is nothing on Tofu...................Soy beans have no feelings I guess..........

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
And could someone please explain to me what these people (with nothing better to do than torture us good, law abiding carnivores) what in the sam hell they think cows are for, if not to chow down on? They stand around and chew cud all day, for God's sake!

The 11th commandment should've been:

And God said, thou shalt partake in the devouring of delicious bbq ribs, t-bone steaks and any other reasonable form of COW.. And He was well pleased with His creation.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

And could someone please explain to me what these people (with nothing better to do than torture us good, law abiding carnivores) what in the sam hell they think cows are for, if not to chow down on? They stand around and chew cud all day, for God's sake!

And God said, thou shalt partake in the devouring of delicious bbq ribs, t-bone steaks and any other reasonable form of COW.. And He was well pleased with His creation.

I almost once knew someone that thought they knew someone that might be Hindu. They might have been offended by your evil meat eating ways.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
actuallly, there's suspicion that the overuse of soy formulas and the skin creams and crap that people use on babies might be the cause of so many kids having peanut allergies now. and well, I do believe that in it's natural form, soy is poisonous. I won't eat the crap, outside of the little soy sauce I use on chinese food. I left spinich also, along with alot of the other vegetables. I just picked out some of the ones that I would like to have growing in my garden if I wanted to...
believe me, you are torturing all those poor blades of grass every time you mow it, so, do what it right, defy the laws of your city, town, or village, and stop mowing your lawns today!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I almost once knew someone that thought they knew someone that might be Hindu. They might have been offended by your evil meat eating ways.

I remain viciously, carnivorously unrepentant.

MOO!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
hey East Coast....
ummm.....
ever hear of the saying that you are what you eat?

you might what to add a little chicken or something to your diet, you could have a cluck with that moo maybe.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

actuallly, there's suspicion that the overuse of soy formulas and the skin creams and crap that people use on babies might be the cause of so many kids having peanut allergies now. and well, I do believe that in it's natural form, soy is poisonous. I won't eat the crap, outside of the little soy sauce I use on chinese food. I left spinich also, along with alot of the other vegetables. I just picked out some of the ones that I would like to have growing in my garden if I wanted to...
believe me, you are torturing all those poor blades of grass every time you mow it, so, do what it right, defy the laws of your city, town, or village, and stop mowing your lawns today!!!

By cutting the grass we a stealing Oxygen from our children. Save the Children....burn a lawnmower.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
na, then we will be throwing only god knows what into the atmosphere. what needs to be done is the government has to collect all these torture toys, and spend a few billion to build a huge rocket and blast them into the sun!!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

hey East Coast....
ummm.....
ever hear of the saying that you are what you eat?

you might what to add a little chicken or something to your diet, you could have a cluck with that moo maybe.

No worries, man! I'm an equal opportunity devour-er..
I eat Pork, Beef, Chicken, Turkey, Fish, etc.... just about everything other than LIVER. You will NEVER make me eat LIVER! You can rip my fingernails off and hang me upside down for a week!
And I do love my veggies, too. My mama taught me right.

Great.. now I'm craving a grilled Salmon steak!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Actually I am Hindu and a Brahmin at that. I do not eat Beef.

nah, I won't preach about your "Sinful" Ways

But aren't you forgetting something when you say cows are good for nothing but beef???
I mean - Milk ??? And all the related Dairy products? Cheese, Butter etc. etc.. What would your Big Mac be without them?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
As much as I joke around, I am a veggitarian myself. Dairy is good......

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vivek

But aren't you forgetting something when you say cows are good for nothing but beef???
I mean - Milk ??? And all the related Dairy products? Cheese, Butter etc. etc.. What would your Big Mac be without them?

I eat meat, but I dont touch Milk, or many other daity products for that matter. Milk has some nasty stuff it it.

Doc, Thats whats wrong with you. Not enough protien for that brain to see the Liberal point of view.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join