It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane spotting in Cali

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

Using it right next to LAX results in information overload even at short range.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Using it right next to LAX results in information overload even at short range.

That would make sense.Near Gatwick where I am (a couple of miles) it gets overloaded with nothing but Easyjet

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barnalby

The Flightradar app is dangerous. My girlfriend thought it was bad enough when I discovered back in 2012 that you could use the Wolfram app to figure out what was making a given contrail overhead. Flightradar almost puts TOO much power in your hands, haha.

How does that work as it looks like the Wolfram app is just maths?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Just ask it "what flights are near me" or something of that nature, and it will pull up the 20-30 or so closest active transponders with all the associated information.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barnalby

Just ask it "what flights are near me" or something of that nature, and it will pull up the 20-30 or so closest active transponders with all the associated information.

Aaaahhh ok,F/R24 is easier by the sound of it.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
So in typical fashion, we got to our pickup last night, I hopped out to set the reefer unit at the guard shack, looked up and a damn A380 went over.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Nice photos. If your ever in Santa Monica let me know. There is a great spot near LAX to watch and take photos.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Hey Quantum I Live in Santa Monica. IM me I'd like to know this spot. I enjoy watching the planes take off and land. Can get to LAX easy. I live Santa Monica & Bundy neighborhood so it's right down the street for me.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Clutter’s Park Along Imperial Avenue in El Segundo, benches in the area. The In-N-Out Burger Westchester.
Great places. Or take a nice walk to MDR Peir and watch takeoffs but they are harder to see.
Do you ever goto Washington Street for dinner?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I think I Know exactly where that is. All you had to say was In-N-Out Burger. As for Washington St. Yeah. I'll hit up the places around Washington and Ocean. Maybe get into a little trouble at the Whaler from time to time etc... My buddy for a summer rented a house on Ocean Front Boardwalk and Washington. Just to the south of the main parking lot at the beach there. We'd just take chicks back from the bars there since it was less than a 100 foot walk to his pad.

More into Abbott Kinney and the eateries there these days though.

In my neck of the woods I'll walk down to Sawtell between Santa Monica and Olympic and get some Raman or Sushi. Some good spots right on my corner too. Great Sushi place 100 feet from my apartment.
edit on 15-4-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
James Beach

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Lol the Whaler always gets me in trouble. Mercedes grille not bad for eating Cuban food.
I miss 12'Washington. Loved their food

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
You know just out to sea right over the skyline of where Washington Blvd would be (from the perspective of Santa Monica & bundy) is where I onetime watched the Green Lady heading outbound one early evening. The night the malaysia airlines shootdown/crash occured in the Ukraine.

it was......impressive.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Lol the Whaler always gets me in trouble. Mercedes grille not bad for eating Cuban food.
I miss 12'Washington. Loved their food

Been kicked out of the whaler. Had my heart broken at the whaler. Been in bar fights at the whaler. Blacked out at the whaler. Good times.

Don't forget the "Honor System" at C&O Trattoria (sp) with their wine.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
LOL, the Whaler always gets people in trouble. You had it as bad as me friend

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Im friends with one of the bouncers there. (james beach) Good place if girls are what you got on your mind.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Zaphod58 Is not going to be happy. We are talking women on his airplane thread.
Sorry Zaphod58, I do love your photos. Ok moving to your thread.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yeah sorry zaph,

On the bright side at least the DIA reading this thread can tell that from our latest dialog bassplyr and quantum are red blooded americans and not some commie scum.

Back to the topic.

Zaph, of all the commercial aircraft (or at least non military) whats the one youre dying to get a pic of that you havent yet?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

They aren't here yet. I'd like some A380 pics but I'm really waiting on the MRJ.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

MRJ pretty. I like her front end and wing roots.

You got good taste zaph

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join