It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests break out in Chicago after cop kills 16YO during foot chase

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
They still protesting?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Yep nothing to see here move along

edit on 17-4-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Sixteen years old.

Why the Hell is a sixteen year old boy, he's just a baby for Christs sake, running about the streets of Chicago with a gun?

The same thing can be said for every damned city in the country/the damned world.

Where were this kids family? Mom? Dad? Grandma? Anyone who claims to love him? A teacher, even.

Who deserves the blame here? Does Pierre Loury, the dead kid, deserve blame? His parents? The cops? Society, in general?

Since we seem to trying to find someone to blame...

I'll go with all of the above.

The kid? Yes, to call his decision to run, and possibly point a gun at police, stupid would be to understate it. That's seldom going to work out well.

The parents/family? Yes. Why was a sixteen year old kid out on the streets with a gun, or plain out on the streets? Why?

The cops? They come in for a share of the blame, too. Isn't it time to maybe explore a different way? In this particular instance, maybe not...but in general? I'd say other modes of community policing might be explored. No?

Society? Oh, yes. When a lifestyle involving drugs and guns, and assorted disturbing behaviour is glorified in song and film, and society deems this acceptable, I'd say society can share in the blame, too. Where are the people who can help these kids find a better path, something a tad less stupidly suicidal.

Ultimately, it does come down to Pierre Loury making a horrible choice/mistake. But no one is blameless in this. Or the shooting that'll happen tomorrow, or the next day. Or the girl who over doses on something seeking an escape from horrors most of us can barely imagine.

If I come across as maudlin, it's because there seems no end to these stories...all with the same sort of tragic ending...that with a little work on all our parts, could be avoided.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I understand handguns, shot guns, all sorts of guns. I didn't used to, but I married a gun loving, NRA card carrying, American man!

It's good info for those who don't understand how a cop can shoot a gang banger before the gang banger shot him tho...I never did hear if the gang member's gun was loaded, or not.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: lightedhype

However, who points and does not shoot? I doubt the cop unholsted and landed a killing shot after he was already drawn on if that is what happened.

I have been wondering the same thing ... i find it very hard to believe people are pointing their guns at police and not shooting it makes zero sense.........

I am sensing you folks don't go to a shooting range, use a pistol or understand how these things work. It doesn't take any time at all to unholster your weapon and fire off a shot, if you know what you're doing, you know your weapon and how to use it properly. Much less time that you think it does.

I could go from where I am sitting right now, into our bedroom, grab our beautiful Mossberg 12 g, rack it and shoot at a threat within probably 5-8 seconds. If that.

I am sitting pretty close to our bedroom door tho and we leave that one particular gun ready to go because there are crazy freaking nut jobs in the world and you never know when you will need to defend yourself. (**disclaimer, I have no kids/teenagers, no kids visit us, if someone's kid visited it wouldn't be out/loaded and everyone who lives here knows all about gun safety and how to use it, proficiently and is over 21 years old.)

So, moral of the story: Who do you think was more proficient with their weapon? A 16 year old, pot smoking gang banger or a police officer who by all intents and purposes has an education in law enforcement, knows how to use his weapon and who practices using said weapon at the range on a regular basis?

My money is on the police officer.

I do not suppose you could explain to me how a mentally unstable man with no weapons training can kill so many people using two different high caliber weapons was able to kill so many people in such a short time ?....

Its a bit of a confusion as the "official story" undermines what is being held up as fact in this thread ...apparently someone with little or no training with the mentality of a 10 year old managed to kill so many people in a very short time.....could you come up with a reasonable explanation ?....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join