It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests break out in Chicago after cop kills 16YO during foot chase

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
we really shouldn't assume anything til all the facts are out, but the fact the kid is posing with guns and drugs is not a good look.

According to most Americans on ATS (at least), guns are a very significant part of American culture... or is being fond of guns only acceptable if your a white American?

Also, posting a picture on FB of you smoking a joint may be immature, but it's completely benign.

Attacking this kids character, simply because he likes guns and smokes weed is just feeble minded mob mentality!

But that isn't it, it's the BEING IN A GANG!! Don't you get it? It's being a member in a gang, and with a gun. That combination always leads to death.

Okay, lets recap: Gangs + Guns = DEATH

Pretty simple math, right?

add: His parents really did fail him, and the first math equation they should have slapped into him was that equation above. Ultimately though, this poor kid failed himself.
edit on 13-4-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Gee , isn't that Progressive Liberal Mayor of Chi Town doin' a Bang Up Job Preventing Crime in his City ? Not .

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Precisely my bro!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
So i was 15 once. I ran from the cops. While running, an AIR pistol i had in my pocket fell out and hit the ground. It had no orange tip.
After it fell out, i proceeded to attempt to jump a fence (not because it fell out, i had no idea).

Anyways, the cop grabbed me by my ankle (literally) on the far side of the fence and literally hoisted me right back over and down into some gravel. He got on my back and proceeded to lift me a few inches and then slam me back down into the gravel repeatedly. I have a couple scars on my elbows + face from this.
I wasnt resisting once i was had and i hated that cop for making me bleed by slamming me after i was down.
Personal true story. Not the same. I had never posted pics of me with guns or drugs and i was not well known to the police. I am also white and barely weigh anything. I thought i got it rough.

Reading this made me pretty thankful just now.
Not trying to make any points just throwing it out there. I could be dead from mistakes past.

If the kid did point the gun then that is on him. If i had done that I am positive I wouldve been put down like a dog. It all boils down to what actually happened. Conflicting stories suck.

However, who points and does not shoot? I doubt the cop unholsted and landed a killing shot after he was already drawn on if that is what happened. Bah. I am glad I had an opportunity to learn that day. I would never do any of that # again.

edit on 13-4-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

However, who points and does not shoot? I doubt the cop unholsted and landed a killing shot after he was already drawn on if that is what happened.

I have been wondering the same thing ... i find it very hard to believe people are pointing their guns at police and not shooting it makes zero sense.........

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
What exactly does this say about black culture in America when you have this gangbanger druggie criminal who is in illegal possession of a weapon, runs from the cops, and tries to shoot the cops with said illegally-possessed weapon, and it results in the community rioting and protesting when the police do their job?
And no, he's not a "good kid". I'm afraid to know what some of these people consider to be a "bad kid" if being a gang member, doing drugs, and trying to shoot cops with illegal weapons doesn't mean anything.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Of course he was unarmed. The cop had no right to defend himself in order to return home safely to his own family after his shift ended. /sarcasm

I get so tired of these "parents" saying their kid was some innocent when CLEARLY they weren't. Maybe had they done a better job as parents he wouldn't have found himself on the wrong end of a police officer's pistol??

Bet they didn't think about that and neither will the idiots who start acting up, either.

You know it is coming...This poor cop will be put through the wringer because his parents claim he was such a good boy and the media will encourage it. Next thing you know, a totally justified shooting will turn into waiting to hear if he will be indicted by the Grand Jury.

If that happens, everyone please turn the TV off...Stop supporting this kind of BS "reporting" we get today.

I do not support police who kill when they were not in the least bit threatened or who could've done 20 things other than shoot someone who was not a real threat. But if you point a pistol at a cop who is in pursuit of you? You deserve to get shot...Period.

If you survive? Great, go on trial for your crimes, etc. If not? Too damn bad, should've been more proficient with your weapon rather than posing for selfies with it on Facebook.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
we really shouldn't assume anything til all the facts are out, but the fact the kid is posing with guns and drugs is not a good look.

According to most Americans on ATS (at least), guns are a very significant part of American culture... or is being fond of guns only acceptable if your a white American?

Also, posting a picture on FB of you smoking a joint may be immature, but it's completely benign.

Attacking this kids character, simply because he likes guns and smokes weed is just feeble minded mob mentality!

Um, hello?? He was a known GANG BANGER. He was only 16. You have to be 21 to LEGALLY own a gun in the U.S.

Marijuana is LEGAL for recreational use by ADULTS aged 21 and over in only four states and D.C. (Alaska, Oregon, Colorado and Washington state).

While there are a number of states who have legalized marijuana for medicinal reasons, including Illinois, there is no indication that this MINOR was using marijuana for medical reasons.

Therefore, this "kid" was not afraid to break the law, in many different ways, and blast it on Facebook for everyone to see. But, according to his mother, he was a good boy. Give me a break.

If my sixteen year old posted selfies smoking weed and posing with a pistol? It'd be all over for them...For a VERY long time. No phone, no car, no computer/internet access, nothing. School and home...I'd even hire a babysitter if I had to. That's what a parent does, they parent. Black, white, green, pink or blue; it doesn't matter. But, this one, he was a good kid.

So please, stop with the race baiting shenanigans because that is all this is. Any idiot can see that this "kid" was not your average 16 year old boy from Chicago, IL. He chose to pull a pistol on a police officer and he wasn't fast enough.

I for one am HAPPY that the policeman was able to go home to HIS family after this ordeal instead of being killed by a gang banger who had the stones to pull a pistol on a cop.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

However, who points and does not shoot? I doubt the cop unholsted and landed a killing shot after he was already drawn on if that is what happened.

I have been wondering the same thing ... i find it very hard to believe people are pointing their guns at police and not shooting it makes zero sense.........

I am sensing you folks don't go to a shooting range, use a pistol or understand how these things work. It doesn't take any time at all to unholster your weapon and fire off a shot, if you know what you're doing, you know your weapon and how to use it properly. Much less time that you think it does.

I could go from where I am sitting right now, into our bedroom, grab our beautiful Mossberg 12 g, rack it and shoot at a threat within probably 5-8 seconds. If that.

I am sitting pretty close to our bedroom door tho and we leave that one particular gun ready to go because there are crazy freaking nut jobs in the world and you never know when you will need to defend yourself. (**disclaimer, I have no kids/teenagers, no kids visit us, if someone's kid visited it wouldn't be out/loaded and everyone who lives here knows all about gun safety and how to use it, proficiently and is over 21 years old.)

So, moral of the story: Who do you think was more proficient with their weapon? A 16 year old, pot smoking gang banger or a police officer who by all intents and purposes has an education in law enforcement, knows how to use his weapon and who practices using said weapon at the range on a regular basis?

My money is on the police officer.
edit on 14-4-2016 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
#Gangbangerlivesdon'tmatter

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I would imagine that the 16 year old kid would have shot wildly if he intended to fire the weapon,no real aim just point and shoot, like i said i find it hard to believe the kid drew the weapon without squeezing the trigger....

As far as the cop goes this is not the wild west and cops are not wild west gunslingers, so yes i find it difficult to believe the cop was quick draw magraw, especially after seeing the poor marksmanship other officers have displayed in other vids...i also have a hard time believing the "official" story as we know there have been plenty of fabricated stories and it is hard to know when we are being fed bull#....

In saying that it could well be a case of stupid kid doing stupid stuff that led to his demise, being in a gang is paramount for a short life regardless and to answer your implication no i do not spend much time at the range, i have shot of a few shotguns and rifles but never a hand gun, so yeah i have very little gun experience ....

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The MSM is already doing their role as agitator extraordinaire. Yet another angel killed by the privileged white devils!

edit on 14-4-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Is that actually the same person? I legitimately can't tell. Nose seems about the same but I dunno. Teeth look different.

Also, the issue isn't that this guy was shot, it's that he was shot by a cop. If he had actually pulled a gun (and somehow the officer drew his, aimed and fired, before the victim could) then by all means blast away.

But the Police are supposed to be held to a higher standard, not a lower one. They have the training, the weapons, the authority, that civilians lack.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: Konduit

Is that actually the same person? I legitimately can't tell. Nose seems about the same but I dunno. Teeth look different.

Also, the issue isn't that this guy was shot, it's that he was shot by a cop. If he had actually pulled a gun (and somehow the officer drew his, aimed and fired, before the victim could) then by all means blast away.

But the Police are supposed to be held to a higher standard, not a lower one. They have the training, the weapons, the authority, that civilians lack.

It seems like the same guy to me. Same eyes, same chin. Teeth? How the hell can you make out any except about 5-10% of the two front? Clearly the pics are a few years apart though. The one on the left looks like he's 13/14 yo? Then puberty set in and the 16 yo on the right suddenly has tattoos on his neck holding a gun and has lost his baby chubbyness as he looks like he probably weighs in at 110 lbs soaking wet...probably because he grew up a few inches.

Clearly the media would never use the image on the right, as it doesn't fit the agenda.

Yes, the cops are held to a higher standard. But why run from the cops if you are innocent... And 16? At worst he goes to juvenile detention for a few months...maybe not even for marijuana use and possession in a state where it is legal to a degree. I'm not saying this guy deserved to be shot, but that's mainly because neither you or I were there to witness any of this. So that higher standard this cop is held to wins the day. As corrupt as some cops are, I'll take their word over a thugs any day.

The fate of that 16yo boils down to choices he made. The choice to clearly accept and flaunt thug culture online, as well as act guilty and run from the cops...in a city as violent as Chicago. Well like I already have said; play stupid games, win stupid prizes. This kid's a winner.
edit on thpamThu, 14 Apr 2016 06:47:38 -0500k1604America/Chicago1447 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Or maybe people dont know that everyone posts pics to look cool. Half of those selfies are made up . I bet if they show the autopsy report he wont even have the tattoo. Because this one looks fake as hell.

Besides cops cover each other. Gun no gun , the truth will never be found. All it takes is another cop to put a gun there.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

The truth will never be found?

Did you mean to say the agenda to fit your narrative will never be found? Like the hands up don't shoot fabrication?

Some dumb gang banger, who's known by police, gets pulled over because the vehicle he is driving matches the description of a vehicle that was involved in an earlier shooting. Instead of handing the officer his license and insurance card, the moron thought he'd run (that trick never works), while running, he pointed a gun at said officer and paid the price.

Now we have people protesting and the potential for this to escalate to Ferguson or Baltimore levels and you want to blame the cops? Downplaying this idiots own actions and saying the truth will never be known. WTF over?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
Or maybe people dont know that everyone posts pics to look cool. Half of those selfies are made up . I bet if they show the autopsy report he wont even have the tattoo. Because this one looks fake as hell.

Besides cops cover each other. Gun no gun , the truth will never be found. All it takes is another cop to put a gun there.

Sure, I'll give you all that....its only a "pretend" gun in the pic...and probably what he pointed at the cops too. He didn't want to hurt no one! Right?! And the cops should have known he was trying to look cool and it was all fake and that he was just scared of them which is why he ran away from them................................................

Are. You. Kidding. Me?

Also, let's make us assumptions so it fits the anti-cop narrative. The autopsy report is PROBABLY fake because ya know...the kid didn't deserve it and cops are bad people.

GTFO of here.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Unless his family had been with him right as the chase ensued, they would have nothing to base their assertion that he was unarmed on.

nonetheless....you couldn't pay me enough to be a cop in chicago. or to live in chicago.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Pretty simple really. It comes down to training. If your firearm has a safety on it that you will use, you better practice disengaging the safety. If you don't, and your adrenaline starts pumping, you revert back to your training (not taking the safety off). I doub't most criminals use a holster so even better reason to keep the safety on, or a round un-chambered. I have seen a lot of cases where the criminals weapon malfunctions.

I doubt these guys know anything about firearms maintenance or how to clear a malfunction. In my experience with firearms, I am guessing most of the time they did indeed try to fire at the person, but the gun would not go off because it was not ready. When your scared, you are not going to think about safeties or chambering a round, you are going to instinctively pull the trigger. If you want your weapon to work when you need it, you need to TRAIN with it.

Anyway as far as the OP goes.. I just hope something turns around in this country because it is getting to the point of lunacy. More policing, national guard? I don't know. It seems like the real solutions will just cause more problems. One of these days we will ALL be united, however long that may take.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

It's interesting that he pulled a gun on the cop and the cop managed to draw, aim, and shoot before he could. Must be one hell of a gunslinger, that cop.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join