It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests break out in Chicago after cop kills 16YO during foot chase

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
www.nydailynews.com...

I really hope this doesn't escalate further until all the facts are out.

A Chicago cop shot and killed a 16-year-old who hopped a fence as he fled from police, sparking protests throughout the city.

Police said the officer shot at the 16-year-old suspected gang member after he pulled out a gun, but Loury’s family maintained he was unarmed

The chase started Monday night when a group of patrolling officers spotted a car they believed had been used in an earlier shooting. When they tried to stop it, Loury bolted out and fled on foot, police said. An officer followed the running suspect and shot the teen when he pulled out his own gun and pointed it at the cop, police said. A weapon was recovered from the scene. Witnesses said the cop opened fire as the teenager jumped a fence.

Loury — whose Facebook page contained photos of him holding a gun and smoking what appeared to be drugs — was a documented gang member who had prior contact with cops, police said.

So this vehicle was being pulled over because it matched the vehicle in an earlier shooting. The kid bailed out of the car and ran with an officer in pursuit. While running from the officer, the kid pulls a gun and points it at said officer. The officer shoots the kid in the chest as he tried to jump a fence and is now dead.

This kid was a documented gang banger and posted pics on FB with him doing drugs and posing with a pistol. In Hellinois, a 16 YO can't posses a pistol. By simply taking pics with one( don't care if it's his or not) he's breaking multiple laws, yet his parents say he was a good kid and caused no trouble. Very typical thing for parents to do, but come on. The gang tats on his neck should be a give away that something is a miss with your stellar young man.

I don't blame the officer in this situation one bit if what's being reported is how this transpired. This happened Monday night and the pretests started last night. Pretty minor so far, with only traffic being blocked. Lets hope it stays that way. This is fairly close to me and the weather is finally getting nice. So I could see how this situation could be used for venting anger that has nothing to do with this case.

Hopefully tonight stays peaceful. Weekend is fast approaching though and this will be our first nice weather related weekend, so it could turn ugly real fast. Pray for peace folks!

+27 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Have you ever noticed that these stories never start out as ,,, the kid was pulled over and he handed the cop his license and registration?

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Ok...so DON'T RUN FROM THE COPS YOU IDIOTS! Armed or not this is what should be emphasized and talked about. Period
edit on 13-4-2016 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
we really shouldn't assume anything til all the facts are out, but the fact the kid is posing with guns and drugs is not a good look. i live in the Chicago metropolitan area and having lived in the heart of the city i'm glad i moved out to the suburbs, just last week my friends were shot at while leaving a club with one being hit 3 times and still in the hospital.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yet another example of why public officials should be recorded every second they are on the tax payer's clock. I don't care if you are the local mayor or fire marshal...I don't care if you are a local county commissioner...I don't care if you are a member of congress, POTUS or SCOTUS...if you are paid by tax payer funds, then you must be recorded while on the clock; no exemptions. Failure to comply will result in immediate dismisal.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

but Loury’s family maintained he was unarmed

He was also on his way to attend church services, after having spent the day doing volunteer work at an assisted living center, when the racist cops executed him just because he was the wrong color.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

He would be alive today if His parents loved Him and taught Him to respect authority. If You get pulled over by a armed man of authority Your first words should be "Yes Sir". We should also stop coddling to these idiots and they should be expected to act a certain way in society. The media and the demoncraps never hold the INDIVIDUAL responsible for their actions if they are a certain color. The rule of thumb for the idiots is if someone screws up blame it on racism or poverty and not the idiots actions. This line of reasoning needs to change because it has already destroyed that community and it's quickly destroying everything else.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Welllll..play with gun's and someone might get shot, that is a general statement as not much info. Not surprising the parents claim their little angel was..a little angel, having said that was he pointing a gun at the police while climbing a fence?..shot in the chest so maybe on the way down from said fence?

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The irony of them protesting over this ONE 16yo who was shot has to be obvious to atleast ONE of the protesters.

Don't like a couple dozen kids die every week in chicago?

Isn't chicago like the biggest #hole in the country for black on black shootings?

I'm far from pro police, but this is just ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutOmatIc
Ok...so DON'T RUN FROM THE COPS YOU IDIOTS! Armed or not this is what should be emphasized and talked about. Period

Yeah, easy to say when you're white and haven't seen countless examples of white men being beaten to near death by police officers, or seen stories almost daily of another unarmed white man being shot by a black police officer before he even asked for a name.

I'm a white male, but I totally get that we have no f-ing place lecturing black people on how they should just "do as they're told" by a group of people who have systematically abused them for decades. Don't be lecturing black American's about something you know f-all about.

And, the story is only just getting out there, and we all know from experience that you should not believe what you hear on the Internet. Remember Brown being called a "gang banger"? How about Tamir Rice being called an "active shooter"?

How about you all lay off the desperate character assassination until the 16 YEAR OLD BOYS body is at least cold?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
we really shouldn't assume anything til all the facts are out, but the fact the kid is posing with guns and drugs is not a good look.

According to most Americans on ATS (at least), guns are a very significant part of American culture... or is being fond of guns only acceptable if your a white American?

Also, posting a picture on FB of you smoking a joint may be immature, but it's completely benign.

Attacking this kids character, simply because he likes guns and smokes weed is just feeble minded mob mentality!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Sadly, I laughed out loud at that statement. It's not funny but it's the truth.

When pulled over, cooperate with the police. If you choose to run from police, don't point a firearm at them and expect a good outcome. You will be shot and rightfully so.

Another young idiot gang banger just had his life ended because of his ignorant actions and people are taking to the streets in protest. Like I said earlier, the weather is finally getting nice, so the conditions are ripe for the protesting that could ensue.

I don't want to see mass (peaceful) protests like we did in Ferguson or Baltimore. If that crap spreads to the surrounding areas, you'll see massive unrest. The vast majority of this State is us regular folk that just want to get on with our day. Blocking traffic, looting stores and vandalism will get you nowhere here. Well, it will get you six feet under!

I seriously hope cooler heads prevail.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: AutOmatIc

Yeah, easy to say when you're white and haven't seen countless examples of white men being beaten to near death by police officers, or seen stories almost daily of another unarmed white man being shot by a black police officer before he even asked for a name.

I'm a white male, but I totally get that we have no f-ing place lecturing black people on how they should just "do as they're told" by a group of people who have systematically abused them for decades. Don't be lecturing black American's about something you know f-all about.

And, the story is only just getting out there, and we all know from experience that you should not believe what you hear on the Internet. Remember Brown being called a "gang banger"? How about Tamir Rice being called an "active shooter"?

How about you all lay off the desperate character assassination until the 16 YEAR OLD BOYS body is at least cold?

Whites are shot and beaten by police more oftethan blacks.... Just saying

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
By your logic everyone being payed by tax payer money should be recorded...would that also include every well-fair recipient everyone using any kind of grant money or any subsidized serice service to comply? Failure would results in the loss of the funds.

Would you also agree to this? Just curious.

a reply to: WeDemBoyz

If we take the case at face value it doesn't sound like anything to get worked up about. Killing one 16year old gang member might have actually saved some lives in the long run. If it played out as stated in the artical that is.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I will give Bill Clinton kudos here... He is right. If BLM they need to focus their attention off of thugs vs cops and start focusing on legitimate cases. Start with seeking change at the family levels. This 16 year old Facebook is bad. Being a parent of teenagers who are influenced by other dilequents is difficult. I know from a personal point!

I had my youngest 16 year old arrested and actually committed into a mental health facility. Extreme perhaps, but next month she is accepting her associates diploma and is always sharing with others that we saved her! Believe me...she hated us at 16. Now, I will admit it isn't easy. With all the PC BS out there many parents feel hogtied in disciplining their own children. The police that came out explained they were not needed and as parents, we should have been handled our own discipline. Honestly, my husband is her stepfather, our current society pc issues make parenting difficult!

Though back to the thread....this child's parent should have been advised that they have rights as a parent so that they can ensure their child can enjoy a full life! BLM needs to focus on educating family...not create more pc bs that is actually destroying the cause they fight for!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Recording public officials, while acting in an official capacity is not just about policiing the unpoliced...it gives public servants a format to prove their innocence. It also gives the ordinary tax payer a platform to evaluate their "employee's" performance; in both real time and retrospect. We are paying them, why not police them with the highest level of authority?
edit on 13-4-2016 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Maybe I'm just a cold human being but I have little issue with shooting gangbangers.

They have no respect for lives, theirs or others so why should anyone have respect for theirs?

They turn inner cities across America into war zones.

Live by the gun, die by the gun. Think guns and dealing drugs and shooting other gangbangers is cool, don't come crying to me when you get shot for running from police while likely armed.

This is a product of black, inner city culture. When they start taking responsibility, we'll see change. But they'd prefer protesting one death at the hands of a white cop while ignoring the next 100 at the hands of their own.

As much as I dislike cops, there's a reason they approach an inner city, gang banging neighborhood differently than a mostly white suburb, as would anyone here. It's far more dangerous. That ain't racism either. Your local China Town is far safer than the mostly black areas. Why is that? Why don't Asians and Latinos kill one another anywhere near the extent blacks do yet the blacks cry the most about the white man? Yeah I get it, life isn't fair, life can be tough, life isn't equal, but only one part of our society appears to take that as a green light to go blow people's heads off.

edit on 13-4-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
we really shouldn't assume anything til all the facts are out, but the fact the kid is posing with guns and drugs is not a good look.

According to most Americans on ATS (at least), guns are a very significant part of American culture... or is being fond of guns only acceptable if your a white American?

Also, posting a picture on FB of you smoking a joint may be immature, but it's completely benign.

Attacking this kids character, simply because he likes guns and smokes weed is just feeble minded mob mentality!

He was smoking a joint? That was the "drugs" he posed with? Big deal. And a gun?! Oh my!

Geez, reading the thread had me thinking he was doing lines or something.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Without predjudice.......why not save the vituperation going both ways till the real facts are brought out ,,,,,
There will be an official investigation im sure......
Meanwhile my condolences to the parents....

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Yes, I'm sure all the black youth who post pics of themselves packing heat and smoking blunts are on the honor role at their nearby school and it has nothing to do with the culture they live and breath which results in inner city Chicago have mass black on black killings.

It's all just one big mistake.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join