It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
The UFO phenomenon has also produced little more than lights in the sky since the Cold War ended. I don't think there is a coincidence there.
A. Unknown Global Patterns
• How long has this phenomenon manifested? When did it start?
• What overall Patterns emerge from the available data?
• Is there a pseudo-random model behind these events?
• Does it suggest ongoing interaction with humanity?
• Is there a cyclical pattern of « waves » that can be used to forecast the timing and localization of future events?
• Is it correlated with known natural cycles (physical, astronomical, biological, etc)?
• What relationships emerge when witness-centered parameters are taken into account?
B. Physics of the Phenomenon
• What are the various types of manifestations (orbs, lights, sounds, structured objects) and how do they present in combination?
• What are the measurable effects: light energy output, material composition, compass readings, magnetic remanence, radioactivity?
• What new equipment needs to be designed to improve collection, preservation and analysis?
• How many cases involve impact on plant life? Insect life?
• How can insects and micro-organisms be recruited as enhanced detectors or measuring devices?
• Why is there no reliable, authenticated photograph of a UAP with appreciable detail? Is the problem with our equipment or ...?
C. Special Locations
• What are the characteristics of information-rich areas where the phenomenon appears to manifest often: Bigelow ranch, Col de Vence, Yakima Valley, the Urals cluster, Hessdalen, etc?
• How does its behavior change when confronted with special measures: equipment, new social conditions, military?
• What could be expected from special observation programs at such locations?
D. Social & Cultural Factors
• Did the phenomenon really change its behavior in 1947, or was that simply an effect of the American media?
• How does the phenomenon evolve as a function of geography, culture and physical parameters (hot, cold, ice, type of terrain?)
• How does the phenomenon react to human technology: sensors, cameras, nuclear devices, high technology, advanced aircraft?
• Are there global cycles in the phenomenon’s relationship to humanity (and vice-versa) ?
• Does the phenomenon anticipate or mimic our inventions?
• Does it show a special interest in social upheavals or wars?
E. Impact on Humans
• What is the range of physiological and pathological effects on humans and animals? Does it vary across cultures?
• How do these effects vary with distance, altitude, type of object, time of day, apparent « maneuvers », emitted light/radiation, etc?
• Under what circumstances does interaction result in benefits for humans: apparent healing, enhanced consciousness?
• What are the characteristics of situations where it is a threat to humans, as opposed to other apparent behaviors?
• Under what circumstances is « communication » reported by witnesses?
• Can analysis disclose evidence of a « control system » behind the hidden patterns of the phenomenon?
• Can we determine what is the reference signal in such control?
• What should the size and scope of a database be in order to reliably support hypothesis testing? How sensitive is it to culture, language, epoch?
• What form of reasoning is appropriate: deductive, inductive, abductive? Why?
• What are the patterns of mimicry used by the phenomenon? Can we separate the underlying « technology » from the simulacra it generates?
• Are we capable of testing our hypotheses reliably? In other words, given a hypothesis with good statistical support, can a skeptical analyst « prove » the opposite hypothesis with equally good statistical support?
originally posted by: ch1n1t0
a reply to: UFOdanger
Just the aggressiveness of the way you present your stance tell me that you really aren't very much in the loop of this thread or the T&C of the website, seeing that you're new here explains it. Knowledge of which lasts you longer around here. Not that you break the T&C, it's just a general observation I'm sharing.
Just the acceptance of this assumption, that it's ET, is reaching for conclusions without looking at the evidence with an open mind. Yes, UFO's (UAPs being a more correct term) are real, and yes, I think it's likely that you might be wrong with your assumptions that UFOs are ET (or most, if you'd go for game of semantics, which I doubt). All that you outlined points to the fact the government is very much interested in the subject and also likes to keep it under wraps, but nothing else. And it is obvious questions that you're asking, already answered ones. To get you back in the loop - we tend to ask the not so obvious questions here.
If you're wondering on the harshness, I'm not dismissing the ET-hypothesis, while you're dismissing all other hypothesis, or at least from the way you postulate your thoughts.
originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: UFOdanger
You just wrote a load of conspiracy clichés that are brought out all the time.
How about some PROOF that would be better.