It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Robot Discovers Loch Ness Monster

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The monster was discovered by Operation Groundtruth , a project designed to explore the Loch and expose its secrets , and perhaps find Nessy.
Now the team behind the project have announced they have discovered a Loch Ness Monster , although this one is an ill fated film prop from Billy Wilder's 1970 film ,The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes , which sank the first time it went out into the Loch never to be seen again .... until now.

Talented special effects artist Wally Veevers, whose other work included 2001: A Space Odyssey, Superman and Local Hero, led the building of the 30ft-long Loch Ness Monster. It sank on its first outing on the loch while being towed behind a boat. Wilder is said to have comforted Veevers after watching his creation disappear beneath the waves. The director, who had also been dogged with problems lighting scenes at Loch Ness, had a new monster made - but just its head and neck - and moved the filming to a large water tank in the film studio.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Sorry for the title ... couldn't help it.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
The monster was discovered by Operation Groundtruth , a project designed to explore the Loch and expose its secrets , and perhaps find Nessy.
Now the team behind the project have announced they have discovered a Loch Ness Monster , although this one is an ill fated film prop from Billy Wilder's 1970 film ,The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes , which sank the first time it went out into the Loch never to be seen again .... until now.

Talented special effects artist Wally Veevers, whose other work included 2001: A Space Odyssey, Superman and Local Hero, led the building of the 30ft-long Loch Ness Monster. It sank on its first outing on the loch while being towed behind a boat. Wilder is said to have comforted Veevers after watching his creation disappear beneath the waves. The director, who had also been dogged with problems lighting scenes at Loch Ness, had a new monster made - but just its head and neck - and moved the filming to a large water tank in the film studio.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Haha...you basta*d. I came in all ready to shout...NOT THEY DIDN'T..

Awww man, now I'm riled up with nowhere to go.

Hehe

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Got me!

I didnt realize how much I wanted to believe it was true until I fell for it!

Nice one, but the vigil still goes on!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

www.bbc.co.uk...

I saw that film, it was nutty, all sorts of madness! I'm not sure it was a success though, I think it sank along with the monster!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Saw the title, thought here we go again.. Then saw it was you gortex and thought.. Mm mm.. Maybe this is something.. Then argghhh..
Haha.. You got me fella..

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
oh...you are a dirty, rotten.....

LOL

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
You got me there! At least I'm not the only one who fell for it. This would have been a good April Fool's joke.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Got me!

I didnt realize how much I wanted to believe it was true until I fell for it!

Nice one, but the vigil still goes on!

I can't imagine there is anyone who would NOT want it to be true..its just extremely unlikely that it is.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Thanks a pantload for the clickbait.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Great film and great find.
I new they'd find a monster one day. Ever since I was a kid I wanted Nessie to be real but, as I grew up, the magic slowly faded.
I think the history of it all is fascinating and some of the characters associated with the search were real eccentrics.
Just the other day I read Frank Searle's Nessie: seven years in search of a monster. In it he describes numerous sightings, displays his collection of dubious photos and even recounts the occasion he saw two babies paddling in the shallows!!!
Definitely of its time.

There's also another, less well known movie called Sherlock Holmes smarter brother. Worth a look even if its a little odd.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Shucks Gortex!

Do you realise how badly you have affected this year's tourist trade for the local landladies of the area? Beware flying haggis aimed at ya head.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

you b'stard

I was like...wtf...general chit chat...?!??! until...

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Ni !

😎

top topics

join