It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP/RNC Is On The Verge Of Spontaneous Combustion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Told you I wasn't the only one....(that would vote Dem down the line, in an effort to destroy the GOP, just out of protest for it's shenanigans.... )

Donald better get to the magic number or he's actually done for.

I think you're right, at least as far as running as a GOP candidate is concerned. At the Convention, if they pull something, I think he'll walk anyhow.

My guess is that he'd then run as an independent.

Wouldn't that be fun? Clinton vs. Trump vs. Cruz

Of course, Clinton takes it in this scenario (easily, sadly), or (not necessarily worse, but still bad), Bernie would beat both as well.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: olaru12 My advise would be for the GOP to craft a more moderate platform that includes women and minorities. If they don't .....adios!

This was their plan after the 2012 loss...complete with RNC meetings and strategy papers etc.. And then Cruz and Trump rose to the top of the heap...the GOPs plan was moderate Jeb...married to a Latino, no extreme positions etc..

And he bombed with the GOP base..

Paul Ryan is waiting for this election to be over ...again just yesterday, press conference "I do not want to run!"...thou protest too much...He is planning to run in 4 or 8 years after the GOP's right wing Trump supporters get their frustration out of their system and get a taste of losing.

See that's the issue though and speaks even more on how out of touch they GOP leadership is.

Sure they need moderates, but to chose Bush, when nobody want's a third Bush is laughable. Especially a Bush with no personality. LOL

I was also thinking about Term limits, but then it came to me. It would take congress to vote for term limits and why would the entrenched elites in Congress vote to limit themselves? It ain't happening.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

It would take congress to vote for term limits and why would the entrenched elites in Congress vote to limit themselves? It ain't happening.

Yep.

Would have to be a nation-wide campaign effort that even Congress couldn't buck.

It is difficult to do at a state level, because no state wants to lose influence.

Longer you have someone in Congress, the more influence your reps have. To pull them out, you then lose access to all of that seniority, and no state will voluntarily do it.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: TrueBrit

You've got to be kidding. The grid locked Congress is the only thing saving us. When Congress isn't grid locked, we get Obamacare. The sum total of ignorance and corruption in Congress is nothing less than staggering. They're entirely controlled by K Street Lobbyists.

The really sad thing about this is that a country as wealthy, talented, etc. can't produce anything better than this list of candidates. Makes a person realize that qualified candidates don't want to be President. The office attracts criminals and megalomaniacs.

THIS NEEDS to be said AGAIN................ Spot on

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20602121]Gothmog[/post. This is generally the case with atheists and Progressives and reformed Christians who hate true morality and traded it for Progressive values and secular humanism.
edit on 15-4-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

There's a difference between
Polarization and checks snd balances which is what our Congress and Constitutional form of government is meant to provide. Want a one party rule ?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
hate true morality and traded it for Progressive values and secular humanism.

True morality?

Please explain. Can't wait.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

a reply to: [post=20602121]Gothmog[/post. This is generally the case with atheists and Progressives and reformed Christians who hate true morality and traded it for Progressive values and secular humanism.

In other words, nations that have actually joined the 21st century.
Take a look around the world sweetheart, those bastions of "traditionalism" and "devout Christianity" are absolute sh*tholes of violence, poverty, crime and war.

If that's what you want, maybe you should just move to your Utopian Uganda?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Take a look around the world sweetheart, those bastions of "traditionalism" and "devout Christianity" are absolute sh*tholes of violence, poverty, crime and war.

Isn't that the truth, never really thought of that.

The less religious and more educated seem to definitely be doing better.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Although I can see how people who have traditionally voted Republican might see this as a problem, if you are right about them potentially being swept from power totally, does that not suggest that it is possible that there might be a congress which actually achieves something next time around? Would that not be a more positive result than gridlock for at least one more administrative term?

Here's the thing: gridlock is the original intent. Congress isn't supposed to 'achieve' anything on the federal level without a majority approval. Of course, that original intent also included Senators that represented the State's interests instead of the people.

The way I see it, the crumbling of US infrastructure is not going to get solved with a grid locked congress in place, no matter who the damned president is! That, and many other issues besides, require a dynamic and proactive congress, one prepared to act, rather than avoid acting at all costs!

Because the supermajority Dem president/congress from 2006 to 2008 and the Stimulus were so effective, eh?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

You mean Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, etc?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
How could you be on the verge of something spontaneous? Knowing something spontaneous will soon happen is not spontaneous. Learn about words before you use them.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The GOP will survive and come back stronger!

It is gods party and god will not let the GOP fail!

God Bless America!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Americanpatriot123

I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this. I truly am. It falls under the category of "it's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it". I hope it helps you in some small way. Here you go:

Everything you know is wrong.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Americanpatriot123

How quaint.

You realise that the party you hold fast to is populated largely speaking, by those whose honour is for sale to the highest bidder, and that the highest bidder is never the people, but the monied few, whose interests run constantly counter to the needs of the people? Do you realise that as a result of the activities of that party, the tyranny you likely fear, is a certainty rather than a possibility, that those you support are the monsters you seek protection from?

God is merciful, but only toward those who repent. The GOP will never stop taking backhanders, nor will it stop being a refuge for those whose understanding of the world is narrow and counter to reality. As long as that continues, as long as it continues to be a party whose opinion of the jobless is low, whose opinion of the working poor is disgusting, whose opinion of the sick and the needy is about as anti-Christian as it could be, God will not act to save the party. The GOP over the last couple of decades have been damned lucky not to have their first born taken from them, as did the pharaoh and his subjects.

As God is my witness, using His Almighty personage like a shield for the GOP is the most heretical nonsense that could be spouted on the issue. No organisation which harbours as many haters as the GOP does, falls under the protection of God. They are, in their current form at least, the antithesis of everything Christ stands for. They hate where they should love, they steal where they should give, they horde where they ought to distribute. They are everything Christ was not. They have no humility, they have no wisdom, they have no respect for their fellow human beings, and what they know collectively of love of their fellow man, can be enscribed on the tip of a pin.

If you truly love God, then perhaps you need to rethink your political affiliation. You will find no holy cause in amongst the GOPs various agendas.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

You mean Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, etc?

No, I mean NATIONS, like Uganda, Nigeria, Kenya, you seem to be confusing economic collapse of regions with Christian extremism of nations. But then, being desperate to prove a failed political point brings out the ridiculousness of debates, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Americanpatriot123

God Bless America!

I can only assume you're being sarcastic, but either way, your post is a perfect example of exactly why the GOP is about to collapse - there are a lot of Conservatives who do actually think like this lol

It's fascinating to watch this collapse happen. The party is imploding and everything they seemingly do to try to stop it only exacerbates the speed of the collapse. Every time they try and put up a wall to stop the roof from caving in, another two walls collapse.

Every time you have a Republican on a podium trying to be rational and directing the conversation to economic conservatism, along come another two old conservatives ready to preach about birth control. Every time one Republican politician tries to relax on same-sex marriage another two come along to preach hellfire and brimstone. Every time a Republican gets up on stage and tries to talk about limited government and libertarianism, along comes two right-wing ranchers firing off their rifles, screaming "Yeehaw!" and claiming they don't need to pay taxes because they're "special".

And throughout all of this, the old Republicans keep dying off, and another thousand young people see the Republican party as a hateful, ignorant and outdated group they could never support.

The downside to all of this is that the collapse of Conservative thinking in the US is leading to more extremism. That's going to be a tough side-effect to deal with, but it will be dealt with eventually.

I'm looking forward to seeing the last vestiges of the Conservative movement having to choose between a moderate Republican party which has abandoned the religious and moralistic preaching of the past, or a far-right party sticking the the usual Tea Bagger nonsense. And this will all be while the Democrats carry on moving America forward

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Americanpatriot123

God Bless America!

Denial is the first stage of grief.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join