It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why aren't potential presidential candidates polygraphed and cleared to handle sensitive material

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
?Why don't we require more rigorous qualifications for our elected officials. They handle see and overseas sensitive material everyday it would only make sense to put them through the same process everyone they are working with goes through

Well let's start with the polygraph test.

Isn't interesting that we polygraph test police officers but not our politicians?

Don't you think we should have to put our presidents through rigorous testing like the rest of us have to go through in order to get our jobs?

What about an SCI security clearance?

Shouldnt the president have to pass an SCI level 3 clearance in order to handle the sensitive material?

We are not evolved, we are still monkeys.
edit on 4/13/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I don´t think it´s easier. How many presidents did you have? And how many police officers are walking around currently?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I edit the op and you missed the entire point.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Maybe now, after you editting around in the OP and the post above mine.
I´m out.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Either way you still missed the entire point.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I would advocate not only polygraph but drug tests as well. I suspect though that such things will never happen. Here in the UK they did some tests on the toilets at Westminster and there was evidence of coc aine but it was brushed aside as the public had access.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

The guys who've overseen and allowed all that NSA PRISM??

"Only the guilty have something to hide!" "There's no such thing as a right to privacy!" Isn't that how they put it?

I can't see them agreeing to having their privacy intruded upon lol.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

I would advocate not only polygraph but drug tests as well. I suspect though that such things will never happen. Here in the UK they did some tests on the toilets at Westminster and there was evidence of coc aine but it was brushed aside as the public had access.

It seems blatantly obvious to me that these would be requirements to enter office.

We're dumb monkeys with nuclear reactors.

link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Well we gotta let somebody do it.

link   
Why? He's a puppet. Instead of president they should call him Public Relations Director (lap dog in chief) of the United States.
edit on 13-4-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Or we could say...

Who do you work for?

That cool definitely be one of the questions.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Polygraph tests fail?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Polygraph tests fail?

Then why do they use them for SCI clearances?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
?Why don't we require more rigorous qualifications for our elected officials. They handle see and overseas sensitive material everyday it would only make sense to put them through the same process everyone they are working with goes through

Well let's start with the polygraph test.

Isn't interesting that we polygraph test police officers but not our politicians?

Don't you think we should have to put our presidents through rigorous testing like the rest of us have to go through in order to get our jobs?

What about an SCI security clearance?

Shouldnt the president have to pass an SCI level 3 clearance in order to handle the sensitive material?

We are not evolved, we are still monkeys.

If the govt. changed things to what you are suggesting, this thread title would be:
'Should we trust the people who administer the lie detector tests & carry out SCI clearances for presidential candidates??'.

The player and the game would now be the problem.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
So you see the polygraph wouldn't work? Good.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I think people in governmental positions should be held accountable, but i also think it's worth pointing out that Presidents, while technically being the head of state and having authority to see classified information, don't always have access to a lot of it. Yes, they hold regular meetings with the chief officers of government agencies, but the President isn't always on a need to know basis. In other words, while a President handles and makes decisions on classified intelligence, there is a lot they don't see, and never will see. If they don't need to know about it, then they won't.
edit on 13-4-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

No!!

Because then whoever is running the clearance process controls who can even run for office!
edit on 13-4-2016 by Sargeras because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Because surprisingly the requirements for being president are not very limiting. Here's a slice of irony, a felon can run for, and win, presidency while not actually being able to vote at all.

So...you cannot vote due to your background, but you can become president. How bassackwards is that?!?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Because Polygraph tests are very easy to fool.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I've never heard of a "SCI level three" clearance so I'm not sure how a politician would go about obtaining one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join