It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Heros

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Several years ago i found an online card game by a few of the designers of Magic the Gathering...

I wrote a thread on it a few years ago... i've been playing the game for years and i still go back to it once in a while

Astral Masters

Since then they've been talking about Astral masters 2... and those that have enjoyed this game have been wondering what happened to this long awaited sequel...

Well its finally here.... Astral Hero's is the official Astral Masters 2

the game is still in Open Beta... but many new features have been added.... Card upgrades, a campaign... guilds and many more options

Of course there are premium cards... but the game is free

So far its pretty good... but only time will tell

astralheroes.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I would like to set this game and everything that resembles it on fire.

Premium cards? Just as pointless as the real thing. My issue is this. When I purchase a game, I want the whole game, and everything in it, everything that has been designed to fit into it, every upgrade to be unlockable through play, and to pay only once or not at all. I might see fit to learn the damned game, as long as it only costs me money once. If it resembles a slow transfusion of money from me to the developer, as opposed to a one time payment, I would rather be kicked to death by an elephant than deal with its existence.

Burn it. Burn it all!
edit on 13-4-2016 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removed

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

While i do agree with you... how do you expect the designer to actually make money on the game?

Example: Lord of the rings online...

Play it free, and its a great game... you get to explore middle earth (Nuff said)

And you can own the entire game free but it would litterally take years... I've spent at least $40 on that game...

I play it regularly, i wanted an area... and im sure i will buy more of the game eventually...

The entire game is $300.... lol

Pointless...

In Magic online (which they ruined... so i don't play anymore)

You buy cards the same way you buy them in real life...

There might be a "full game" option... Astral heros its stll in beta...

And you can earn the in game cash, in game as well... i already have a few new cards...

bottom line.... IF you like a game, it entertains you regularly... its worth paying for

I believe IF someone puts their heart and soul into a game, and its quality... they should get paid for their time

edit on 13-4-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Yes, a person should be paid for their work. Once.

My attitude, is that one ought to make a whole game, every upgrade, every item, every other playing area, every location, skill tree, playable character, and not sell the game until every possible or desirable facet has been fleshed out and built properly. That way you only get to charge for it once from each player. No DLC, no expansion packs, no add ons, no micro purchases, no in app purchases, no extras, plug ins, or other methods of getting more than the list price of a single copy of the game, out of consumers.

I would rather pay for a game once, than have it advertised as free, but require to spend money over time on it, and I also object MASSIVELY to developers who ask for a payment for the base game, and then go ahead and make add ons to that game, expansions, rather than making sequels. The whole premise needs attacking with a hatchet. Suffice to say, if you found me in the WoW Dev teams office, you would find lots of people knocked out, lots of computers wrecked and steaming, and me pouring fuel around liberally as if pouring balsamic vinegar on a salad before defenestrating myself while lobbing a lighter in through the recently ruined window.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Yes, a person should be paid for their work. Once.

What if that person was you?

My attitude, is that one ought to make a whole game, every upgrade, every item, every other playing area, every location, skill tree, playable character, and not sell the game until every possible or desirable facet has been fleshed out and built properly. That way you only get to charge for it once from each player. No DLC, no expansion packs, no add ons, no micro purchases, no in app purchases, no extras, plug ins, or other methods of getting more than the list price of a single copy of the game, out of consumers.

I agree... thats how Minecraft got started, but they included all updates... and made the code open to everyone...

Though again this isn't a big game company either... just a couple of dudes that designed "Magic the gathering"... and that game kicks ass!

Minecraft started with a guy in his basement...

I would rather pay for a game once, than have it advertised as free, but require to spend money over time on it, and I also object MASSIVELY to developers who ask for a payment for the base game, and then go ahead and make add ons to that game, expansions, rather than making sequels. The whole premise needs attacking with a hatchet. Suffice to say, if you found me in the WoW Dev teams office, you would find lots of people knocked out, lots of computers wrecked and steaming, and me pouring fuel around liberally as if pouring balsamic vinegar on a salad before defenestrating myself while lobbing a lighter in through the recently ruined window.

Cripes man... its just a game!!

Do me a favor and check it out just for kicks...

Why so violent... lol

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

When I do a job, the customer pays once to have it done. Cut a key? You pay once. Get a lock fitted, you pay once. Want some tools and screws? You pay the bill once. One job, one bill.

Regarding games being built properly, check out the N64, the PlayStation One. Those games on those machines were built by big developers, and guess what? You want a game? You bought it, you own it, all of it. You might have bought a crap game, because let's face it, there were some howlers back in the day, as there are now, but you had all of it.

Remember Duke Nukem? Remember Goldeneye? Remember Mario 64? Great games, that you
purchased for a one time price, and have for as long as the data contained within the cartridge or CD was viable.

I love computer games. I love gaming, but things are not well in the computer games market, under the surface, and they are not going to get any better until this shoddy nonsense of paying more than one price to play with all the aspects of a given game, ends entirely.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Just try it man....

IF you like fantasy card games... you'll like this game

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I share your sentiment, this image below basically highlights what we used to get with games and what we actually get today

I too would like to pay for a full game and not be nickle & dimed for every little piece of content

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Who ever created this graphic needs a damned medal.

@Akragon,

Magic the gathering is not my bag, for much the same reason as modern gaming franchises tend to aggravate me. It is a vastly overrated game, one which sees otherwise intelligent individuals shell out astonishing sums for pieces of glorified paper stock. I have no respect for that franchise what so ever. The damn thing is a disease which afflicts the wallet, and little else besides.

There will never be a justification for any franchise which allows a shiny version of what amounts to a trading card, to be "worth" £70.00 on the open market. The people that made that game should be ashamed of their avarice.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

but...

Its just a game brother....

Holy hell!!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I am sorry. I do not mean to offend or get over the top. But you have to understand, from my perspective, these games companies are just making unreasonable demands of gamers, and having those unreasonable demands met. Want to stay current? Get this in your deck, get this expansion pack, get this downloadable weapon for the low, low price of your dignity and your ability to eat anything other than ramen noodles for the next five days.

Games designers should be gamers too, and respect their audience enough not to fool them out of their money. I will shut up now.

top topics

join