It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality changing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm looking for people who have seen reality change in artistic ways.

I have two experiences from the other day I'll use as an example. I went out for a smoke at night and stood by some trees and a light. I looked at the ground and didn't notice any patterns or anything but I got an urge to take a pic anyway. When I looked back at the photo I could see a face over my shoulder. The next night I went back to the same spot and could see it easily.

It looks like a crying sad face with a black eye.

Another day I was standing in another usual spot smoking in my ball cap when suddenly I noticed the cracks in the cement were like a partial drawing of a guy smoking in a ball cap.

I had stared at that part of the ground before and never noticed anything familiar but this time as soon as I looked I noticed it.

Anyone else experience anything weird like this?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Therobin

Its called pareidolia.Fascinating what one can see sometimes,i find it entertaining.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Therobin I used to look at wood grain on book cases and things and see faces and stuff. Spackle on a wall can be a trip too.

edit on 12-4-2016 by peppycat because: spackle.. not sparkle

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

What are the odds that human faces would manifest in the design of so much stuff?

Is there some kind of mathematical patterns in reality that make the familiar curves and arrangements appear all over the place?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Therobin There was a time I remember looking up into the sky past the trees and into the clouds and beyond... thinking very much similar to what you just wrote, that there is some sort of mathematical program/science behind creation. That there is order in the chaos.
Sometimes I like to fancy that there is spirit within everything that presents itself when one is causally gazing upon something. Things that are less man made like trees and fields of flowers will have more essence of spirit than say, spackle on a wall... but isn't every man made creation essentially derived from some source of nature?
It would take years of study and meditation for me to fully grasp these things, but it's nice you got my mind thinking.😊

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
You can see patterns that resemble something in anything you look at. One of my interests is looking at carpet or tile patterns. Amazing what your mind can see if you just open up.

edit on 112016301104201611 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I see what appears to be a poorly drawn phallic symbol in red, the real question is why would you draw this and put it on ATS?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I find patterns in nature/ pareidolia interesting, having an eye for it with design, etc. However, also can find it creepy. Reminds me of what I believe was an Outer Limits episode that had patterns on the wallpaper of a home coming to life.
edit on 13-4-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
There was a guy who posted a freaky picture he took of his bathroom wall, and in the wallpaper was the clearest devil head with horns image as freaky as anything you ever saw. He took another picture the next day in the same way and nothing was there. He did mention weird happenings in his house before he took the image.

Just pareidolia? I don't think so in that case. The devil image was totally perfect and high resolution.

The image above could be just an illusion. No one can know for sure.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Therobin
Reality changing

(T)Here is One (UNCHANGING, ALL inclusive) Universal Reality!

All appearance of 'change' is merely a result of a different and unique Perspective every moment of Universal existence!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Therobin
What are the odds that human faces would manifest in the design of so much stuff?

Simple psychology.
Humans see human faces.
Gnomes see Gnome faces.
Monkeys see monkeys.
Who's face are you most familiar with?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Yeah dude, it's like the owl of eternity experiment. Do a Google search...it's tied into reality jumping, and seeing synchronicity.

Well, that is if you keep seeing the same thing over and over again that is

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Neat! Pareidolia. I see these patterns all of the time in carpet, stucco etc. In my childhood home we had marlite in the bathroom (sort of like paneling made to simulate marble patterns - ugly as sin but popular in the 70's I guess) and when I had to spend some time in there - if I forgot a book - I'd find the pictures - guy face with a cop hat, running teddy bear with a sombrero, a mermaid, etc. I think we're just wired to pick out familiar patterns and faces. It's fun to use the imagination.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: EveStreet

Neat! Pareidolia. I see these patterns all of the time in carpet, stucco etc. In my childhood home we had marlite in the bathroom (sort of like paneling made to simulate marble patterns - ugly as sin but popular in the 70's I guess) and when I had to spend some time in there - if I forgot a book - I'd find the pictures - guy face with a cop hat, running teddy bear with a sombrero, a mermaid, etc. I think we're just wired to pick out familiar patterns and faces. It's fun to use the imagination.

First, thanks Therobin for bringing this topic up.

EveStreet...I was reading down the thread and was thinking to myself that I would see faces, etc in carpet. Glad I am not the only one...lol

I used to sit through boring meetings and sometimes I would stare at the carpet. I would see whole faces and sometimes the clarity was amazing. Sometimes I would see demons, too. Guess it just depended on what mood I was in.

I didn't know there was a name for this. Learn something new everyday!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Let's hope that you don't ever wind up on the surface of Mars.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I looked up pareidolia and unless I misread it, I don't like that. It says it's a psychological phenomenon where the mind sees a familiar pattern where actually none exist. To me the patterns actually seem there... :-s

new topics

top topics

join