It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple speaks out against new Mississippi religious freedom law

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: olaru12

Go to the Church of your choice, Pray at home, practice your faith, and leave it out of government.

You don't see me proselytizing....Praise Bob!

Muslim students should be ostracized because their religion has specific prayer times?

How is that their fault?

So, they're given a room to do it quietly and privately. How does that affect others?

So, should the Hare Krishnas be allowed to twirl around and chant, it's not their fault....equal opportunity and all that.

Should the Heathens be allowed to skin bunnies as long as they do it in a private space and clean up the mess?

I subscribe that freedom of religion and freedom FROM religion go hand in hand.
edit on 13-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Go to the Church of your choice, Pray at home, practice your faith, and leave it out of government.

You don't see me proselytizing....Praise Bob!

Muslim students should be ostracized because their religion has specific prayer times?

How is that their fault?

So, they're given a room to do it quietly and privately. How does that affect others?

So, should the Hare Krishnas be allowed to twirl around and chant, it's not their fault....equal opportunity and all that.

Should the Heathens be allowed to skin bunnies as long as they do it in a private space and clean up the mess?

I subscribe that freedom of religion and freedom FROM religion go hand in hand.

We have religious freedom in this country. (personally I am against religion in any government facility)

I don't know the Krishna religion. Do you?

Let's find out what the specifics of an official recognized religion is first - - instead of dramatic hyperbole.

The Muslim prayer required about 10 mins in the afternoon. Not really a big deal.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Intimately...I was almost suckered into their BS as an impressionable youth. They aren't above using sex to snare the unwary testosterone crazed hippie males.

Just one of the many reasons I don't trust religions or religious people. Cynicism born of experience....I once dated a Mormon cutie...same thing!!

edit on 13-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Intimately...I was almost suckered into their BS as an impressionable youth. They aren't above using sex to snare the unwary testosterone crazed hippie males.

Just one of the many reasons I don't trust religions or religious people. Cynicism born of experience....I once dated a Mormon cutie...same thing!!

I was Mormon for 5 years. Loved the organization and people.

Hare Krishna suggests you plan a specific time for chants. But, its not a required time (I looked it up
)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: mamabeth

All I try to do is defend my faith and beliefs online as long as I can.Eventually,I
won't be allowed to do that either.

That's because you might offend someone.

What if I'm offended by the offended? Let me guess, my offense doesn't matter?

EQUALITY!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: burgerbuddy

So let's follow those countries example.

Why do we think we're so much better than those countries when we seem to be reverting to their ways more and more?

Two wrongs don't make a right.

You're right. Women have no restroom security in those countries either.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: mamabeth

All I try to do is defend my faith and beliefs online as long as I can.Eventually,I
won't be allowed to do that either.

That's because you might offend someone.

What if I'm offended by the offended? Let me guess, my offense doesn't matter?

EQUALITY!

Are you being denied something?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: NthOther

The irony here is priceless.

The bigots won't do business with gays but they are now upset because Apple won't do business with Bigots. Shouldn't the Bigots be supporting Apple in their choice of who they want to do business with based on their personal beliefs too???

Apparently it's only ok when they want to discriminate against gays, but it's wrong if others do the same to them.

You're right. The irony IS priceless.

You are upset that people want to have freedom of conscience to not participate in certain ceremonies, but when someone like Bruce Springsteen uses his freedom of conscience to not follow through on a business contract, you applaud him.

Personal morals certainly are funny things. This is what happens when the government to legislates morality. This is why freedom is the best policy even if it does mean that some will refuse others in ways we may not like.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The government legislating morality is them passing this law, they passed a law that respects an establishment of religion, a HUGE no no according to the Constitution and Civil Rights Act.

What's with people cheering on the dismantling of our Constitution and Civil Rights Act? If you want to find the enemy of America all you need to do is look in the mirror. The First and Fourteenth Amendments and Title II of the Civil Rights Act, look them up, what you are supporting goes against them.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You're right. The irony IS priceless.

Yes, I know I'm right. Thank you for noticing.

You are upset that people want to have freedom of conscience to not participate in certain ceremonies, but when someone like Bruce Springsteen uses his freedom of conscience to not follow through on a business contract, you applaud him.

I'm neither upset nor am I applauding Bruce Springsteen. I don't even know what you're talking about. I thought the topic was about Apple. I don't even know what Bruce Springsteen is doing in this conversation. So before you start chastising me about something why don't you make sure I've done it or not first. Or even better just keep your crazy accusations to yourself and get a grip.

Personal morals certainly are funny things. This is what happens when the government to legislates morality. This is why freedom is the best policy even if it does mean that some will refuse others in ways we may not like.

This isn't about your personal morals. It's about the rules regarding how businesses treat people equally. You're obviously so enraged by this issue you can't even get your attacks on me or your argument to make sense. Take a minute and pull yourself together.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

Just wait until Christians are denied service for their faith, they will be screaming persecution while calling their own bigotry "moral".

Hypocrisy is at the heart of most "Christians" I have encountered. I was raised Southern Baptist so I have met a lot of them.

Christians are bigots because they disagree with Muslims, Muslims are bigots because they disagree with Christians.

The world is full of bigots.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Just wait until Christians are denied service for their faith, they will be screaming persecution while calling their own bigotry "moral".

Hypocrisy is at the heart of most "Christians" I have encountered. I was raised Southern Baptist so I have met a lot of them.

Christians are bigots because they disagree with Muslims, Muslims are bigots because they disagree with Christians.

Disagree is not the same as intolerance of those holding different opinions/belief.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

They make some nice music though

I'll follow them 2 or3 blocks out of my way just because I'm caught up in that gorgeous rhythm

I missed them for a long time - they went away - but now they're back

:-)
edit on 4/14/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Disagree is not the same as intolerance of those holding different opinions/belief.
lots of that on both sides....

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

a reply to: Metallicus

Apple is against bigotry which is a good thing.

Hahhahaha.... good one.

Might consider looking up the definition of bigotry sometime:

big·ot·ry ˈbiɡətrē/
noun.

intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

Apple is the POSTER child of a bigoted organization. They accept zero constructive criticism of their products and even refuse to take customer feedback onboard with their products. They operate on the principle "people don't know what they want, & WE KNOW what you want better than you"

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

This is not surprising, leave it to the technocracy to destroy states rights. This bill will protect people, and there are hardly any tranns in MS. What the heck does Apple think it is? If i were MS id sue for defamation.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Do you understand the difference between a religion and being gay?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Acidx
a reply to: Klassified

This is not surprising, leave it to the technocracy to destroy states rights.

The state doesn't have the right to pass morality laws.

This bill will protect people, and there are hardly any tranns in MS.

So because there aren't many their rights don't matter.

We hold these truths to be sacred & undeniable; that all men are created equal & independent, that from that equal creation they derive rights inherent & inalienable, among which are the preservation of life, & liberty, & the pursuit of happiness; ...

If i were MS id sue for defamation.

It would be laughed out before it made it to court.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: Klassified
Apple speaks out against new Mississippi religious freedom law

Good!
As well as all decent healthy people should!
The disease of ignorant hate should NOT be tolerated!
It is a toxin in society and should be shunned and halted and stamped-out by all healthy people!

Spoken like a true communist, decent healthy people aren't homosexual. The disease of ignorant acceptance should be burned out, hate isnt going anywhere as long as people like you exist to keep telling people the way they should think.

Why should a STATE not be able to have ITS RIGHTS?!?! MS has a Christian majority, It is in its best interests to share the interests of its voters. Yet here you are calling for genocide! If you dont live there you have absolutely no say whatsoever in its laws.

Your type already destroyed the West coast with your progressive idealism, don't count on the south rolling over for you to be happy in your computer chair. I dont see you doing anything about it either... guns are bad remember.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

edit on 15-4-2016 by Acidx because: rason

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join