It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Creepiest Ghost Sightings Caught on Surveillance Cameras

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Oh god, I hate writing that sort of stupid clickbaiting title for one of my threads, but as far as I can recall it's ATS rules to use the same name as the video the thread is about.

Now, number two (the office one) is a confirmed fake. While it is very well edited and put together, a genuine video would have simultaneously showed all the camera feeds. (It was an art project. Of course it was an art project.)

However, that's now what I'm writing this thread about. What I'm writing this thread about is number three. (Starts at 1:19.)

Now that, that is some very compelling footage. There aren't any red lights screaming hoax or fake (not to me, at least.) I suppose it would be possible if you took the footage of the security guard, dubbed it over, and edited in the seeming apparition, but his actions and body language still seem to fall in line with what is understandably one very freaked out man.

What say you, ATS?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the number three video of which you are curious about was debunked maybe a year or so ago? I'm guessing another member will be along shortly to point you in the right direction.
If it is any consolance, if I recall correctly, it did raise a bit of a stir back then too.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Hence why I'm posting this here. Hopefully the story behind its faked-ness is fairly interesting. I'd also be interested in hearing people's opinions on the other videos as well.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Is there something or an experience that in your mind lends credibility to ghosts being real at all? What I would pay for a real experience of the paranormal. Alas, here I am left to just call nonsense..
edit on 12-4-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

My family has somewhat of a history with the paranormal, and I have spoken to many people -old people- about the experiences they have accrued in their lives. I, personally, am yet to experience anything. I remain skeptical but hopeful. Whether it is the existence of true paranormal activity, or a hitherto undiscovered part of the human psyche and mind I do not know.

But there is something there.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

# 4 looks contrived. The problem with moving furniture, doors slamming and all is it can be accomplished by people that know the camera layout, can hide out of view and pull on strings, push on doors and the like. If there were two angles showing both sides of the door at once or the other side of the wall or cabinet, then we can rule out fakery and proceed to the next level. As is we can't.

I could explain how to replicate each and very trick they used in no. 4, the office place.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

When I said "No. 2" I was referring to the video's own numbering, so the number 4 you're referring to. That one is indeed a "fake", as it was an art project.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Okay derp, I get it now, thanks.

Just to bump your thread what do you think about this one?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

1, 2 and 5 are the only slightly plausible examples here. Both 3 and 4, the Hotel and the Office, are proven fakes.

The Hotel was debunked for countless reasons. First of all, the audio is completely wrong, radios do not work in the way they supposedly show in this video. Secondly, people checked police reports for the area and nothing was ever reported in relation to this supposed event.

The office was also debunked, as I understand it a film team openly stated that they were involved in creating the video for a promotional campaign. They planned to make this video go viral.

The pub and the theatre, 1 and 2, could also be fakes. I know people don't want to hear that, but when there is clear motivation for something like that to be faked it's reasonable to consider that as a more likely explanation. Which is a more plausible scenario? Some mysterious spooky force is manifesting and breaking/moving things on camera, or the business owner needs something to put on YouTube in the hope of getting some money out of gullible people on "Ghost tours"?

Although the last one is perhaps the most plausible, it's still open to the same criticism. Is it more plausible that a ghost was doing that, or that someone wanted to make a video to creep people out and get a little fame or notoriety?

Not saying that's what happened, just saying that this is more PLAUSIBLE and a more LIKELY explanation.

We live in a world where anyone can create a video with a little intelligence and make it seem as though these things are actually happening. Logical people would have to assume that most of this is entirely faked for various reasons. The only way I will believe any of these cases actually happened as they claim is if I were to experience the same thing at these locations first hand.

Believe it or not, I entirely accept that there are things in this world that we do not understand, and I entirely accept that nothing should ever be assumed to be impossible just because we don't understand it. I have experienced things myself in the past that lead me to believe these things do actually happen. That doesn't change the fact that not being there and not experiencing these things for myself means it cannot simply be accepted as true.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Not saying 'ghosts' here, just a video I've always found interesting.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Honestly, no idea. I can't understand the language so I can't figure out what reason they have to be recording in the first place. Also, typical ultra shaky potato quality, and I have to wonder why the camera seemed to try and keep the window juuust in frame rather than centering directly on the lady.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

My first instinct is "Fraud."

It being caught by someone who stands to (and does) make money off directly it is always about fifty red flags. Of course, if the video had been previously captured independently from the GC guys and I missed that bit of information then it might bear more interest, and a broken clock is correct twice a day. (Or once if it's 24 hour time.)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

How is that they've shown radios working wrongly? I'm not intimately familiar with them. And while you say police records have been checked, that's barely any better than the video itself. Ultimate insubstantial, is it not? As there is no way to confirm whether the records have indeed been checked without doing it myself, just as there is no way to confirm the event indeed occurred without being present there myself.
Best way of debunking it is the radio things, I would say.

Yes, I already knew #2 was faked. I said that in the OP. Though I may have been incorrect about it being an art project?

In terms of #1, the way the trolley curves towards the right when it moves forward makes me wonder if there is someone sitting there on the other side of the aisle pulling on it with wire. Depending on the type of aisle, it's also possible he poked the DVD from behind to make it fall. I've tried to look for small movement on the DVD case behind the one knocked off, though I couldn't spot it with the awful quality if it is indeed there.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

It's not fraud; it was Paul Kimball who released the footage and he's scores about a 10/10 for integrity. That's why I like it; he's a good guy.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

And you're correct, we can't see behind the cabinets to be sure if someone isn't hiding there.

Thanks for the rundown on the video I brought. I noticed the camera just keeping the widow in view, too… sort of. Guy could have ducked back below the door line, too… maybe.

Too bad we're so damn observant. Not easily fooled

new topics

top topics

join