It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America not Democracy it is sure what they tought us in middle/high school in 70's, 80's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Yip I went to School in Scotland in the 60s &70s and we were taught how free and great America was, It really was the envy of the world, Being part of a Republic meant if 1000 people said do this and you said no I'm doing this then you could. you were FREE you could do what you wanted, you are still a republic so where are all your rights. I read a case last year where someone was jailed for not paying income tax and he said its not law, the Judge says everyone pays it so you must. The guy should have said well that's up to them but I'm not and walked out, but somewhere along the line they have convinced you that you are a democracy and not a republic. Even your judges think you are a democracy.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

I may be strange but I was taught it was a democratic republic. Went to school in the 80's 90's. It wasn't a sham in the early days when the country was founded. Imagine a population that had very little to no education voting and creating parties solely for personal gain "exactly like special interest groups of today"

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

America is a Republic,not a Democracy!We are a Nation of Constitutional Laws,The problem is the politicans and judges are legislating and going against the constitution!!A country and it's laws,are only worth anything if they are obeyed.For the last 27 years the Politicans in this country have torn the Constitution apart,you might as well throw it in the garbage,It is only good as long as the people it servse uphold itThe American people have all the power they need to-take out the scum that has created illegial laws in this country.They just have to use it!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavmas

Yip I went to School in Scotland in the 60s &70s and we were taught how free and great America was, It really was the envy of the world, Being part of a Republic meant if 1000 people said do this and you said no I'm doing this then you could. you were FREE you could do what you wanted, you are still a republic so where are all your rights. I read a case last year where someone was jailed for not paying income tax and he said its not law, the Judge says everyone pays it so you must. The guy should have said well that's up to them but I'm not and walked out, but somewhere along the line they have convinced you that you are a democracy and not a republic. Even your judges think you are a democracy.

Yes, it is saddening and maddening at the same time. I'm afraid the American citizen was thrown under the bus decades ago.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

everyone look out we have a intellectual elite here, everyone bow down and give respect to one of the few that is better then everyone else and has the confidence to let everyone know on an obscure internet forum..... i suggest you go use your superior intellect in a place that actually matters....

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

freedom comes from within, i thought u knew
edit on 12-4-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
If they followed Sanders would you consider them educated?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
If they followed Sanders would you consider them educated?

If the Democrats running for President had any answers why didn't they do anything already and why isn't Obama "fixing" it now?

Bernie or Hillary will be more of the same thing we have RIGHT NOW. Nothing.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

You didnt understand my question it seems? Any case my point is against whoever I responded to. To make a point on bias.
edit on 13-4-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

America is a Republic, not a Democracy. Or somthing like that. God only knows what it is these days.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Why do you think it would be a disaster to at least not have a delegate system where all the people decide who is to be President?

Because 'democracy' is nothing more than mob rule.

Basically meaning 51% gets to tell the 49% what to do.

Everyone loves it when they are in the 'majority'. Not so much when they are in the 'minority'.

That's why people we are suppose to be a constitutional republic that basically flips the middle finger to the mob.

And drew a line in the sand, and said 'You shall not pass'.

That goes against what we have devolved in to. Where agenda's get shoved down our throats, and all it takes is a slight majority.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Its called MK Ultra and infiltration take over. America lost the Galactic War before it even began. You can thank the NAZI's.

Right on man! I'm glad to see someone knows what the F$CK is going on!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join