It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Equal Pay Day: When, where and why women earn less than men

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: frostie

A white woman generally makes 79 cents on the dollar that a man makes. If a woman is Latino or Black, the gap is wider.

Where?
Show me a company that pays women less than men for the same job.
Seriously, let's cut right to the chase. Stop interpreting statistics and estimations. Show me a company that pays its women less than men for the exact same job, and prove once and for all that this is actually true.
I don't know if it is or not, I just know that I always see women complaining about being paid less than men, and yet they refuse to show direct evidence that it's true. It's always statistics and estimations.

And no, I don't mean "CEO of company A is a man and makes $90k a year, while CEO of company B is a woman and makes $80k a year".
Show me employees from the same company with the same job who are paid differently because of their gender.
edit on 4/12/2016 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

You won't find it. And if you do, and report it to EEOC, their lives will be very painful right before the fines start rolling. And the managers, especially in HR, would potentially face criminal and civil penalties on a personal level ("Civil Treatment" is a good search phrase to learn about that).

Its called "adverse impact", and there are classes given to people with a bachelors degrees in this stuff. Mom and pop might not end up in jail over it. But the CFO or any director level HR person working in a fortune 500 would certainly be put through the ringer and made an example of.

Which is a real issue, as its not infrequent to find women in those management positions within HR. So the whistleblowers are positioned.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

It is intentional. My personal experience-I had worked for a multinational company, won't name names. There were as many men on my level as there were women and we all shared notes on pay, etc., and I knew my pay was above most of the men. It was the late 70's and I felt very empowered as a woman to be treated equally at that time. One Sunday night there was a knock on my door. A young woman told me she had been sent by the company to collect all my paperwork as the company had decided they did not want a pregnant woman representing them. I was shocked. Not one to take this lying down, and knowing I was one of the top in my area, I cried fowl in every direction. The state took on my case and wanted to make a class action suit. When all was said and done, I received my pay with insurance and benefits for 3 years. Both my children and my medical were completely paid for and I totally enjoyed the time with my children. I do think women have it better these days. Though not totally equal, but alot better.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Yeah, Men tend to work 8.14 hours a day opposed to womens 7.75.

Men are more likely to stay late to work on a proposal rather then attend a childs piano recital.

Theres one example, I'd hate to have to provide more.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Haha loved the video!

A commen trend was, "Men work harder than women."

Hmmmmm Kids are pretty observant, especially of their parents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join