It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is The one true Faith?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Religion,
There are :

Christianity: 2.2 billion

Islam: 1.6 billion

Hinduism: 900 million

Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 850 million

Buddhism: 360 million

Chinese traditional religion: 225 million

Primal-indigenous: 150 million

African Traditional & Diasporic: 95 million

Sikhism: 23 million

Juche: 19 million

Spiritism: 14 million

Judaism: 14 million

Baha'i: 6 million

Jainism: 4 million

Shinto: 4 million

Cao Dai: 3 million

Tenrikyo: 2.4 million

Neo-Paganism: 1 million

Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand

Rastafarianism: 700 thousand

Scientology: 600 thousand

Zoroastrianism: 150 thousand

These figures maybe a bit dated and the numbers would have increased. The fact of the matter is, Which religion is true? In my opinion if you look at christianity and their history there are certain things that can be backed up in other religions. Such as in muslims, they also worship the same god which is the god of abraham, they too consider jesus christ a prophet but not the son of god. Buddhism is a philosophy but in their scripts lord buddha says that he didn't create anything and that there is a higher power. Hinduism is a mythology and doesn't have any factual backing. Most of the other religions are break away religions from these as they interpret things in their own ways. Since God created man and man has written about god, how did all the other religions come up and what is your opinion on the one true religion.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
In my opinion, you've answered your own question.

Faith is the true faith. It's that simple.

All the religions have that. Look for what else the have in common. Go to the oldest religions. They're just different interpretations of the same ideas, by people in various locations. Over time, they turn into dogma. Perhaps they're used to manipulate division - perhaps not.

Or choose no religion. Either way you live, and then you die.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
All true.
Faith, or rather the lack of it, was something first invented for the purpose of needing a scapegoat if crops didnt grow, its just evolved since then.

...Atheistism is a religion now?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
exactly. i believe that the reason why we have never seen anything like this with our own eyes is because it could throw other faiths completely out of proportion and probably cause a lot of damage to our minds.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
with so many religions there is no one true faith. you're not going to get 2.2 billion christians saying 'o actually looks like hinduism could be the right one, lets change'. it won't happen, people stick to their religions because of the cultures they grow up in. no one can really say there's one true faith, if there was one true faith then there wouldn't be that list of religions. if christians say their god is the one true god though, and that all other religions are man made, then that makes god and religion a man made thing.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
very smart reply. i agree with what you're saying. i just wish that everything wouldn't be so confusing.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
What is The one true Faith?

Simple:

"God" is a relative term being that a one "true" God is not restricted nor regulated by any one specific religion or belief system. A one "true" God has no needs for All That Is is exactly that, all that is. A one "true" God wants, or lacks, nothing. No specific religion or belief system can lay claim to a one "true" God.

There is no specific one "true" faith. There is no specific one "true" religion or belief system.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   

[edit on 1/13/2005 by BlackGuardXIII]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I will state liek many others there is no one true faith at all, its jsut a personal beleif of someone what they see as truth. Although if i would have to chose any religion that has ever existed the most logical to me is Taoism. ALthough i also think that you have to look for the "original religion" the first religion that started off everything. From my studies of history i would say that this was the Sumerians, there beleif system is very complex with alien/human like god figures that were like their kings. Sidenote to sumerian gods, it is said that the gods rod objects to fly around the world, and light would emit off the back of there flying object.
sounds abit like a jet/saucer to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I'm sorry, you cannot tell me that after reading the doctrine of each that they all point to God. Sounds to me like a lazy person's excuse not to get involved. Talk to God directly, see what He says. Why get all wrapped up in statistical analysis when you can call him directly?

[edit on 13-1-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
So i can ask god myself if i should be christian, muslim, jewish etc? Please explain to me in the detail how i do this?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The problem is people first seek various religions first to find God. A person could go from book to book and place to place to find him and get frustrated with the search if they're not looking in the right places. God says we can talk to him directly.

I know quoting is unpopular here but consider please -

James 1:5 "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

After praying, then find out who believes in what and why, consulting God while looking for the truth.

If you'd like a good platform to begin finding answers, you can follow the link on my signature line to see more about what Christians believe and why.

I'd be interested in hearing what comes of it for you wang if you'd like to U2U or post your findings.

Also if there's anything I can do to help, I'd be honored.

Pray, train, study.
God bless.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Well i am sorry to get your hopes up but i was trying to give off a sarcastic tone. I asked you for detail in how to speak to god, yet u just give me bible quotations about how i will seek that i will find. Christianity is not the one true faith, and you saying that if i read heaps of different books and look in different places that i will get frustrated, maybe but i will not just read one source (the bible) and let that answer all of my questions. There are many more beleifs out there and i think the right thing to do is to study each one as much as possible then incorparate all of the positive ideas of each into one system. This system would be different from one person to the next as each person would see different positives in each beleif system.
Thanks for trying to convert me, but i know christianity quiet well as i was baptised a roman catholic. Yet i do not practise any sort of christianity now.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I'm sorry, you cannot tell me that after reading the doctrine of each that they all point to God. Sounds to me like a lazy person's excuse not to get involved. Talk to God directly, see what He says. Why get all wrapped up in statistical analysis when you can call him directly?

,love it
,i know exactly what you mean pal,great to see others that can truly see,its just a pity others who have not entered into the book can`t understand exactly what you said.
Better make my vote as well,Christianity.
Once you have received and asked Christ into your life honestly,you could never deny it because its a fact he actually comes into your life undeniably,instantaneously in a flash you are changed forever,and from that point is the beginning of true wisdom,all of this you cant get by reading books bible included,well you might want to read who he actually is if you dont already know,you receive it on your knee`s with the heart of a child toward the Lord God confess that your a sinner,because all of us are.
When the time is right in your life you will know ,do that,and you receive what Christians get,then the fun begins,try to tell people God is real whilst they think your mad,think of it this way if 2.2 billion Christians minus the fake ones,were telling you that aliens existed would`nt you wonder why you are yet to be abducted,and if you were abducted how do you explain they really EXIST.
now you kinda know how we feel

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I remember this question being on the simpsons news.

It's all cultural I think.. a moslem would feel as connected and passionate about his god as any christian or pagen. Depends on the person.
As faith is just belief in something without evidence it's more of an an emotion.
If you are asking which is the 'true god'.. well that would be a pointless and futile question which would result in a prime example of how holy wars develop.
"My god is better than your god so there!"
etc.
I'll be referee/UN.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by riley]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Interesting question.

My personal opinion is that religion is arrogance and insecurity on the part of man. It is arrogance, because anyone who says they know what God thinks, what God will decide, and tries to limit God by their rules, is at the very least placing themselves equal with God, and at worst, above God. Religion is also insecurity in that it means those following it feel themselves too weak to be "good people" unless they are told by someone else that they are.

So in answer to your question, I believe all religions are incorrect or pacifying at best, and dangerous at worst.

Still, religion does serve some good purposes. It provides most spiritual people a convenient and easy way to satisfy their spiritual needs, with very effort on their part. Christians can be baptized, say they love Jesus, ask forgiveness for their sins, and they've pretty much got a free ticket. I believe this is why it's one of the more popular religions. But the same can be said of any religion that requires a leader or a book to tell you how to think or feel about The Powers That Be.

Even if one's particular path says you must labor for exactly 10,000 days, doing manual labor, eating nothing but millet, and pray twenty times a day in exactly a certain position, and so forth... it is far easier for most people to do and think as they are told when it comes to religion, rather than have any sort of deep introspection on a daily basis.

The One True Faith, in my humble opinion, is a personal lifelong journey in which there are no easy answers, no blanket names, and no leaders to tell one what to think and do. It is a lifestyle, of waking up every single day, questioning one's own beliefs, morals, and ethics, to see if a chip in the resolve, or a crack in the reasoning can be found. If one finds a flaw in what they believe, that flaw should be exploited and explored until one knows why it is a flaw, and how to rework their beliefs to account for the flaw. After enough time of doing this, one should be able to defend their beliefs against nearly any onslaught of questioning, using rational and well-thought out answers. There are no secret hidden doubts, because every doubt must be explored and considered, to find if it is a valid concern. But even more importantly, this process should make one secure enough in their belief that they needn't care if others are convinced as well.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang
Well i am sorry to get your hopes up but i was trying to give off a sarcastic tone. I asked you for detail in how to speak to god, yet u just give me bible quotations about how i will seek that i will find.

Close your eyes (to help concentrate) and either speak in your mind or aloud in private. For example, "God, I've been searching for the truth and I'm getting a lot of different answers. I want to hear from you what the truth is. Help me to find it because I want to know what is right and what is good..." or whatever it is you're feeling and thinking. There isn't a script.

Originally posted by wang
Thanks for trying to convert me, but i know christianity quiet well as i was baptised a roman catholic. Yet i do not practise any sort of christianity now.

I cannot convert you. I'd be an arrogant fool to think I can. God converts, I just point. Talk to Him.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Ok, i just asked in a prayer manner what i wanted to know from god....i didnt get any sort of vision, nor a voice in my head talking back to me. Should i wait for one of gods myterious ways of telling me the truth................

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
saint4God,
Your basket is full of good stuff... Thanks for sharing that!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
gps777, you're right on with your post too.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join