It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and the political game

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Paul Ryan to me seems like the post likely person in a contested or brokered convention

His appointment out of no where this last summer as speaker despite the fact they were pushing someone else to the position then suddenly switched to Ryan sent off alarm bells for me

I think this has been in the works for a while

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
With all that is happening behind the scene...

Everything you said after this is exactly the slant being pushed by the media, GOP leadership, AND Trump.

None of it even touches on what's actually going on behind the scene.

You just simply recited the media narrative as it's being fed to the voters. What's going on BEHIND the scene is what is being obfuscated by the media narrative.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

With all that is happening behind the scene...

Everything you said after this is exactly the slant being pushed by the media, GOP leadership, AND Trump.

None of it even touches on what's actually going on behind the scene.

You just simply recited the media narrative as it's being fed to the voters. What's going on BEHIND the scene is what is being obfuscated by the media narrative.

Then tell us what you think is going on.

I think the GOP is grasping at straws just to try and stay in the game. I'm sure they want some return on their investment.
edit on 12-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

IMO Trump supporters are simply tired of career politicians. They want a fresh face in there. Trump has tuned into that and that is why he has so many supporters.

You are right. But as I have said before, you can't just grab an idiot out of a bag, say he isn't a career politician and send him off to the Presidency.

Trump also seems to resonate with the more hateful thoughts some seem to have. He gives them permission to be hateful and to de-evolve, almost. That is the part that is scary to me and I don't use that word lightly.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

Someone better talk to Trump and educate him on how this entire process works. We can see from what happened in Colorado that Trump doesn't know what the hell he is doing.

He stands to walk in to the convention and get his ass handed to him on a silver platter.

Well, a gold one. Even when Donald fails, it's covered in gold.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

IMO Trump supporters are simply tired of career politicians. They want a fresh face in there. Trump has tuned into that and that is why he has so many supporters.

You are right. But as I have said before, you can't just grab an idiot out of a bag, say he isn't a career politician and send him off to the Presidency.

Trump also seems to resonate with the more hateful thoughts some seem to have. He gives them permission to be hateful and to de-evolve, almost. That is the part that is scary to me and I don't use that word lightly.

Especially one who buys off politicians , political favors and influences policy and then claims to be an outsider lol

Then engages in political hit pieces and dirty play like a master politician , and panders to the more Baser hateful aspects of his voter base

I find it comical that people still try to use that "not a politician" line , like it's their last vestige to make sense of the whole damn thing....

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: reldra

Especially one who buys off politicians , political favors and influences policy and then claims to be an outsider lol

Then engages in political hit pieces and dirty play like a master politician , and panders to the more Baser hateful aspects of his voter base

I find it comical that people still try to use that "not a politician" line , like it's their last vestige to make sense of the whole damn thing....

Absolutely. Or what does trump say..something like"bingo, bango, bingo".

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Trump knows the political game he has been playing it his entire career. Nobody who runs a large company does so without playing politics and being involved with politicians. His real problem has been getting good people and organization. His organizations on the ground in states tend to be chaotic. Which is odd for somebody who should be strong in those areas.

Cruz is not what the GOP wants either, they hate him almost as much as Trump. While vastly unpopular at the national level his numbers are not as bad as Trumps. So some might let that be enough to push him through. The only competitive candidate would be on that was moderate and tarnish by this embarrassing primary. Although somebody being tossed into the national election like that would most likely not do all that much better than Trump or Cruz.

I understand the GOP does not want to go into the national with the least liked candidate since polling began with Trump but, frankly the options they have are not very good. It is like choosing from very, very, very bad to very, very, bad to very bad.

I would say they should let Trump in as the nominee and let him take the historically bad loss that is coming, ending his political career. The only problem with that is that the GOP would have Trump shoved in their face for the next few decades as an example of how far out of touch the GOP is.

Trying limit long term damage to the Party is the only goal they have

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I like how the narrative has changed that Cruz is suddenly an establishment candidate just because he is the alternative left to Trump.

You oversimplify. The narrative has changed because Ted Cruz has changed. The man who several months ago stood apart from the establishment has gotten awfully damn close to that establishment in the past 6 weeks, going so far as to vigorously rub his hands together in glee as the same establishment gifted him the state of Colorado over the weekend.

Ted Cruz is fully compromised.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

Here's a clue: Disenfranchising half of your voter base isn't a smart way to do that. The GOP is quickly becoming DNC Lite.
edit on 12-4-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I like how the narrative has changed that Cruz is suddenly an establishment candidate just because he is the alternative left to Trump.

You oversimplify. The narrative has changed because Ted Cruz has changed. The man who several months ago stood apart from the establishment has gotten awfully damn close to that establishment in the past 6 weeks, going so far as to vigorously rub his hands together in glee as the same establishment gifted him the state of Colorado over the weekend.

Wait so he's become establishment because the rules of the GOP election process worked in his favor?

So does that mean Trump isn't establishment because he screwed up in Colorado and it hurt him? Because of his own ignorance?

What the hell kind of logic is that?
edit on 4/12/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

Here's a clue: Disenfranchising half of your voter base isn't a smart way to do that. The GOP is quickly becoming DNC Lite.

Actually the DNC is in better shape right now than the GOP with their base

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Trump is buddy-buddy with the Clintons and Bill was the one that compelled him to run for office.

You don't think he is compromised?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Did I stutter?

They changed the rules in Colorado, so of course they "worked in his favor," that was kind of the point.

I have no idea where the logic is in that, ask the GOP establishment that question. I sure as hell am not going to defend them and their recent shenanigans.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Newsflash: In order to be President, you have to be able to work with the establishment.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Wait so he's become establishment because the rules of the GOP election process worked in his favor?

So does that mean Trump isn't establishment because he screwed up in Colorado and it hurt him? Because of his own ignorance?

What the hell kind of logic is that?

That is the logic I got out of that post too, as I have said in other threads my condidate is long gone so I have no dog in the fight with any of these people. But just from observation and reading up on these two, it seems to me that Trump is vastly more establishment then Cruz is.

Like you said earlier in the thread, Ted Cruz has been accused for single handedly shutting down the government on at least two occasions, he has filibustered numerous times, sometimes on his OWN. He has taken heat for not apologizing to Mitch Mconnel

heck people IN THE government have actually joked about how if he was killed on the senate floor no one would be bothered.

But somehow how were suppose to buy the fact that Donald Trump, the NY BILLIONAIRE tycoon, who is known for buying politicians, and using his money and influence to get what he wants, has bragged about how politicians "do what he wants" Is the OUTSIDER?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
You don't think he is compromised?

I think in the grand picture, Trump has enough money to buy and sell the Clintons 20 times over. I really doubt that relationship fell into the category the Trump critics portray it as, with Trump being a Clinton lackey.

Regardless of any of that, bottom line here is the GOP is pissing down the backs of half of their voters by stating the voters' don't matter and ramrodding through someone other than the candidate the People are choosing. It's BS.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Did I stutter?

They changed the rules in Colorado, so of course they "worked in his favor," that was kind of the point.

I have no idea where the logic is in that, ask the GOP establishment that question. I sure as hell am not going to defend them and their recent shenanigans.

They changed the Rules well before any of the candidates were running, so your argument holds no water, you might want to actually do some research before you get snarky with people.

And being that is what it is, it doesnt lend any truth to your claim that Cruz is establishment because of what happened in Colorado, If Trump didnt like it he should have run a different party, or perhaps done some actual research on what he should be doing.

What happened in Colorado to Trump , is Trumps own fault, you cant fault Cruz for knowing the process
edit on 12-4-2016 by CrazyWater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Newsflash: In order to be President, you have to be able to work with the establishment.

No, you actually have to be 35 years of age, a resident of the US for 14 consecutive years, and a natural born citizen of the USA.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyWater

Did I stutter?

They changed the Rules well before any of the candidates were running, so your argument holds no water, you might want to actually do some research before you get snarky with people.

Are you sure about that?
When did they change the rules?

edit on 12/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join