It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Paulides discusses the Henry McCabe disappearance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This case is dismissed by many people as simply a guy who got drunk and died by misadventure, but others think there's something sinister and possibly even supernatural involved. It's not a paranormal case per se, but the David Pauildes threads usually appear in this forum.

McCabe went missing for 2 months. His body was found in a lake not far from where he lived.

On the night he disappeared, McCabe left his wife a strange voicemail, which contains what have been described as moans, groans, and inhuman growls.

David Paulides report (YouTube):

www.youtube.com...

From the link below:
The growls turn into high pitched moans, like he's moaning in pain. The tortured grunts suddenly stop and silence follows. Then someone, either Henry or another person, says, "Stop it."

The Voicemail

McCabe death remains a mystery
edit on 12-4-2016 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2016 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Ok....that sound on the voice mail was chilling to say the least. I skimmed the artical a bit and it seems like they kept it pretty standard and did speculate to much. I wonder if they have any evidence of his last know location or the stops he made that night.

I also wonder what state the body was found in? As in rate of decomposition. They said no assult marks or evidence of torture.

I kinda lean towards that his job as a state auditor might have made a powerful person mad.

a reply to: ColeYounger

edit on 12-4-2016 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
A second voicemail was left on his brothers phone which was equally unintelligible.....
The last ping on his cell was in the New Brighton area....
There seems to be a definite abduction scenario going on.....
The weird sounds on what I heard gave me a picture of an alien making some of the noise....surely don't sound human....

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Paulides said McCabe's body had no injuries, so the police just ruled it a drowning.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

Also, the FBI showed up. They don't get involved in missing persons cases as a rule. These cases are usually just handled by local police.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Here's the YouTube video for those who don't want to, or can't, leave the site to watch it:

edit on 12-4-2016 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Many thanks!!!
I wasn't able to embed the YT vid.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The growls turn into high pitched moans, like he's moaning in pain. The tortured grunts suddenly stop and silence follows. Then someone, either Henry or another person, says, "Stop it."

That somebody could be the voice of whomever killed him.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I would love to hear the unedited voicemail.

Has anyone found a link to that?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

of bizarre noises, including growls and moans

It doesn't sound that way to me, it sounds like he is being either electrocuted or waterboarded.
I wonder if he managed to turn on his phone in a pocket.
As an auditor maybe he found something he should not have.

Another body in another river with no info could it be related.
Body Found in Mississippi River Near St. Paul's Harriet Island
kstp.com...

Listen to the second guy just a min tazer effect on the voice.

edit on 12-4-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I believe david said it was determined the man wasn't dead that long, he was missing 2 months but seemed was only dead a few days
edit on 12-4-2016 by research100 because: added a word

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Despite Paulides emphasising the 'mystery,' surely a man on a phone leaving a voicemail is anything but 'supernatural.' For me, that recording would have been enough to look at his death as sinister and likely murder.

It's not something I'd expect to be heard on C2C and yet they played the lot recently.

Putting it out there as 'supernatural' is pretty sketchy* imo when the circumstances (and his job) imply criminal misdoings.

ETA - * that's not directed at you. I was thinking of Paulides.

edit on 4.12.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Paulides said he was interested in the McCabe case because he believed it may be part of a 'pattern', occuring in Minnesota, and also in Manchester, England, where there were several similar disapperances. Young men go missing for a time, then their bodies turn up in a lake or river. Supposedly, similar weird circumstances are common throughout the cases. As you probably know, Paulides looks for certain elements in his cases, and usually decides fairly quickly if it's just
a 'foul-play' scenario, involving a kidnap or homicide.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
That was a chilling message.I think Mr.Paulie may be onto something with these disappearances.Lord knows what that might be but it doesn't sound natural at all.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I was just listening to this a few days ago.Poor man.There was a sort of chittering sound in the recording,made me think of a very large insect for some reason.I didn't find an unedited full recording though,just heard the short segment.That chittering sound,could it be from a taser,maybe? Idk what they sound like up close.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrogoTheNorman
I would love to hear the unedited voicemail.

Has anyone found a link to that?

Same issue here with finding the full unvoiced over version of the recording besides the news version, since I have heard about the story.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
My oh my that is not easy to listen to. My mind usually jumps to wild conclusions, but with this one I think it is more likely somebody(real person) killed him. I couldn't catch the "stop it" mentioned when i listened though. I would say that those groans are him trying to shout/scream/alert anybody to his situation, but when you take GHB into account....you just get wierd ass noises instead of screaming "HELP ME THIS GUY IS GONNA KILL ME". Definitely gonna keep an eye on this, thanks

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sourcery

I found it very disturbing listening and wouldn't have done it if it wasn't dropped in the middle of the Coast show.

God only knows what was done to him that he needed to be killed - dead men tell no tales. Whatever happened left him with no marks for the coroner and that's baffling. Contract killing? It's a puzzler.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

It sounds the same to me, and also like he has duct tape over his mouth. I wish I could hear a recording that wasn't talked over. I have a feeling the wife knows more than she lets on.

Sounds like he was being tortured for a reason with electricity or water. Both combined would be . . . not good. And it was either a sloppy job that he made so much sound which managed to make it onto a voicemail the FBI heard, or 'they' pretty much can't be touched, and wanted to warn the wife as well. Or the wife wanted to hear it . . . It could have been a sort of a bullet left in the mailbox type of thing. This time it was a bullet on her voicemail. 'Leave it alone or this will be you'. "Stop it," could have meant, "Stop the recording," but who can say? This is all conjecture, but to have the voice mail play that exact moment, how could he have turned it on? They either got the phone from him and rang his wife to warn her about delving into his disappearance, or to show a job completed.

That video you showed reveals the same rippling effect of the voice you hear with tasers. And since he's an auditor . . . If bodies in water is part of a pattern, it reminds me of the show, Home Alone, where the criminals call themselves the 'Wet Bandits' and always leave the water running in the house. I wonder exactly what kind of professions these other men who disappeared had, and if it all of them connected to McCabe had the same style of being . . . suicided. Men who murder and torture in the same way, misdirect attention by turning it into 'something with conspiracy added to it' so that the people simply disregard it and don't look further.

I've just read a lot of reports of the same type of things. Many men who are killed with nail guns. Some jump. You wonder what they discovered or know, and who wants to shut them up or get rid of them.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Has anyone come across a raw recording of the Voicemail in this case yet? I can't seem to find one without the god awful reporter talking over it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join