It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Praise the Sun! Dark Souls 3 is Here!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I just picked up my hard copy of Dark Souls 3 and I can't wait to jump right in! I am insanely tempted to call in to work at lunch hour and fake illness in order to have a good solid session on the game this afternoon! I know it's poor work ethic but it feels like I am filled with anticipation of Christmas.....

It's going to be a bitter sweet game because this is the last instalment of the souls series so it's all we are going to get of the blessed undead. Time will never be convoluted in the same way again and the sad stories of the souls of this world will be no more.

Happy adventuring and good luck you will need it.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Not really my bag, but I get where people like it.
Have fun!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Thanks I shall! I am just clock watching now and time seems to have slowed a considerable degree...weird because once i start playing I feel like time is gunna speed up to warp speed and it's gunna be 3am before I know it....

a reply to: the owlbear

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Longest day of work ever. I rolled up a guy last night just to see it in action and rolled off a hill and died 2 minutes later. All in all a typical DS experience.

What class are you thinking of playing?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I always go for the deprived. Usually go high faith

a reply to: Bennyzilla

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos
Just S&Fed this thread and read nothing but the title....ordering now.
Dark Souls 1 - prepare to die edition - check
Dark Souls 2 - check
Dark Souls 3 - should start downloading from steam or gog as soon as possible

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

That's bravery, I always like to be a knight. Usually pays off early game and then falls off hard halfway through a souls game and I have to drop the armor and start rollin rollin rollin rollin

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Has anyone had trouble installing this? My kid preordered the deluxe version of this and it was stuck yesterday at 17.2gb of 17.3gb downloaded. Today I've finally got it to download 100% by unchecking the deluxe extras but now it is stuck in unpacking mode on steam. It will not budge. We've tried every single tip we could find to get it moving. (switched servers, restarted steam, flushed steam config, checked router, checked antivirus/firewalls, he has 180gb free space, checked throttling, deleted files and redownloaded, verified files, etc.) Other games install for him fine. He has Windows 10. His brother bought it yesterday and his installed just fine (Windows 7). He submitted a ticket to steam but who knows how long that will take or if it will be useful at all. He was getting a "update needed/not queued" error occasionally but I have no idea how to resolve it.

Any clues?

edit on 12-4-2016 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2016 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
No sorry I have no idea why that would be. I bought a disc copy for ps4 and worked fine. The steam server might be overwhelmed. But I really have no clue a reply to: eeyipes

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Only got to play for a few hours last night but I managed to kill Vordt of the Boreal Vally on my third solo attempt. Being deprived I am still relatively naked but I found a not to bad axe. The deep battle axe has darkness augment. Rolling to the left and two hand smacking Vordt made the fight pretty easy. All my stats are 10 except strength at 12 and dex and faith at 16

a reply to: Bennyzilla

top topics

join