It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMA Threads

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Not to mention, some thought they'd get their 5 seconds of fame by trying to troll him....

That was the one thing I saw. Mods should have watched as it was a very important thread and removed the most ridiculous troll questions. I saw some removed for manners violations, but that was all.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
a reply to: jacygirl

At the very least, the guest needs to "quote" the member they're responding to in a given response.

Just "reply"ing is not helping anyone match answers to questions asked.

Admin should have covered that.
I had a hard time following along when a guest speaker replied to a question that had been asked a few pages back (without quoting the question asked).. this is something I find on regular threads to be a bit frustrating, but even more so because of what the OP on this thread points out.... all the repeat questions and other stuff in between... hard to follow. And I so wanted to follow the question and answers!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
a reply to: Urantia1111

You can click on the name of the person in the " a reply to:" bit and it will show the post they are replying to. :s

Click your name in my post, it will show you.
What?! Really!? I never knew this. I'm going to test it right now.

**Eta** you've just made my browsing ATS so much easier! Thank you!😊
edit on 12-4-2016 by peppycat because: life made better

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Manners and decorum is one thing...actually 2 things.

But coming into an environment like ATS with [imo] wackjob precepts, and not expecting some flack is extremely naive.

I bet he sold a lot of books though and got his ego stroked nice and proper. I only wish I was a rock star businessman with products to market.

Well, actually I do have a few projects that need producers but I'm sure being a handsome rock star greases the wheels somewhat.

Hey, it's capitalism...go for it!!

edit on 12-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This should (hopefully) be fixed. SO has posted the rules for the upcoming AMA.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
I think there has to be a better way to format the AMA threads.
Not meaning to complain but all the pertinent information seems to get lost in pages of chit-chat.
This is only a suggestion, but I would be interested in some feedback.
What if the next AMA guest speaker was announced, and we had a certain amount of time to write our questions...?
Just questions!! With a limit of say, three.

Well said, friend.

I, too, was a little disappointed in the entire thread.

I believe the next AMA should go a bit more smoothly with the guidelines that I have read.

Of course, I could be wrong.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Wow. Thank you to everyone who has replied.

I just want to clarify that in NO way am I criticizing Tom DeLonge, his AMA thread here...or ATS!!

I'm pretty sure he knew what to expect with this, I mean he does have his own conspiracy site:
tothestars.prophpbb.com...
"In 2011, DeLonge launched Strange Times, a website devoted to extraterrestrial life, paranormal activity, cryptozoology, and conspiracy theories."
Quote taken from his bio @
en.wikipedia.org...

I personally really love the idea of celebrity conspiracy 'insiders' giving us juicy tidbits of information!

My only 'issue' was in wanting to suggest a slightly different format to make it easier to follow. (I understand that everyone wants to talk to him, lol I still have the screenshot from when Jesse Ventura answered MY question!)

I guess now I should head to the recent posts and see what rules SO has set for future threads.
Thanks again,
jacy

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I like your idea, I think that writing the questions first and then putting a stop on them before the AMA person arrives might allow them to do their job better.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Where are these rules located?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Hey darkbake! Thank you!

Here is the thread that reldra is referring to:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

jacy

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Since the time window will be limited, we're going to establish some guidelines for our members:

1) Please, one post per member. Be mindful of how many other members would want to be participating.

2) Please, one question per post, and no follow-ups. This means make sure your question is complete, but not so long as to take up too much time for Mr. Icke to read.

3) Be polite. We realize not everyone agrees with Mr. Icke, as does he. I (and Springer) have had the opportunity to speak with him a few years ago, and he really is a rather nice down-to-earth bloke. So please respect that he's taking the time to respond as our invited guest.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit: jacy 2 fast
edit on 12/4/2016 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Thank you for putting that up!

I might have been fast, but you were more efficient!

jacy

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
I might have been fast, but you were more efficient!

Might try that line on the ladies if the situation arises.

I'll blame it on their efficiency!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a situation where you would get to use it....but if you do, I hope she appreciates it, lol.

jacy

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

After everyone has had a chance to ask their questions, the guest would then have time to go through them and pick the most popular questions to respond to.

^ that is where the entire AMA concept becomes a farce

if the guest gets to choose which questions they answer and which get ignored - then the outcome is very predictable

ETA

as this is in a rant - i shall rant too :

has anything worth reading actually emerged from an AMA thread ??? ever - on any platform ???

edit on 13-4-2016 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I confess, I lost my patience with people being rude to an invited guest and started spanking, which really was childish just squabbling, forgive me.
But a gal can only take so much

For some reason or other your posts didn't bother me, I guess because it was you.

Those crybabies needed a good spanking if you ask me. More than what they got.

It does not look good when a guest is invited though does it.

It felt a little bit like when you have a dinner party and the kids all choose to act like little horrors and you feel like a right idiot.

I imagine the owners were sitting there going "Oh dear, pass the brandy..."

In fairness, if someone is taking part as the subject of AMA, and just so happens to have a new book out as well as stating they are endowed with very secretive information and have been chosen as the conduit for disclosing said information................................. but doesn't say much apart from non sequiturs that are 10 a penny on ATS, what would you expect? Remember this is free advertising to a focussed demographic, it's hardly being done for charity.

Having said that, I read through the thread yesterday and it is a bit embarrassing to read.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

If I were king of the world and had to moderate an AMA thread, I would immediately delete any and all posts that weren't asking the AMA guest a direct question.

- No discussions allowed.
- No comments allowed.
- No '10-page essay telling a personal story before finally getting to their question' allowed.

Only short/concise questions directed to the AMA guest would be allowed... no exceptions.

This way the AMA guest doesn't get overwhelmed with 6000 posts in 2.4 seconds and needing to read through each and every bloody one them to find an actual question to answer.

It's called "Ask Me Anything"... the key word here being "ask".

Not tell, not discuss, not criticize, not argue, not outsmart, not whine.... ASK.

I guess it's a damn good thing I'm not king of the world

... otherwise I'd have to change my user name to "Das Fuhrer".

edit on 13-4-2016 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join