It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMA Threads

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

You can click on the name of the person in the " a reply to:" bit and it will show the post they are replying to. :s

Click your name in my post, it will show you.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
Wow, thanks guys!

I'm certainly not 'dissing' the AMA threads, I think they're a great idea!

I just think they need to be handled a little differently, for all the reasons you guys are pointing out.

This isn't really a rant as much as a suggestion.
My point isn't to criticize anyone....just thinking these threads would work better with some guidelines in place.

jacy

last AMA was real hard to put all the answers together due to the huge amount of people being drawn to it , proves people are really into the threads , wich is good ofcourse , but i agree some guidelines need to be placed to make it a better organised read.

Also so our guest wont be flooded by questions or has to answer questions double.

Im not bashing the ama threads in any way , they are great they just need some organisation.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Ok cool feature I knew nothing about.

Why is there a "quote" option then?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I confess, I lost my patience with people being rude to an invited guest and started spanking, which really was childish just squabbling, forgive me.
But a gal can only take so much

Can you imagine what the David Icke AMA will be like? (He's got a lot of haters here.)

I'm really interested in what these guest speakers have to say...just kind of disappointed that the answers seem so sparse compared to all the paragraphs of questions.

jacy

Edit to add: Sorry to run out on a new thread but I'm a caregiver to my mama-in-law with Alzheimer's, so will be back after real life.
Thanks to everyone for responding.
edit on 12-4-2016 by jacygirl because: gotta run

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Reply to just states who you are replying to and quote copies their whole post , so people can read what the person you are replying to wrote

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

I confess, I lost my patience with people being rude to an invited guest and started spanking, which really was childish just squabbling, forgive me.

Can you imagine what the David Icke AMA will be like? (He's got a lot of haters here.)

I'm really interested in what these guest speakers have to say...just kind of disappointed that the answers seem so sparse compared to all the paragraphs of questions.

jacy

it will be a sea of "post removed" images

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

For some reason or other your posts didn't bother me, I guess because it was you.

Those crybabies needed a good spanking if you ask me. More than what they got.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111
So people can respond without having to go back. I used to do the quote thing - until I realized what was already there. It's a "learning curve thing", I guess.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

As 3danimator says it is just a different option.

I tend to use the reply if it is more aimed toward the poster in person and the quote if I feel it needs context or is a while back in the thread but that's just me.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

For some reason or other your posts didn't bother me, I guess because it was you.

It does not look good when a guest is invited though does it.

It felt a little bit like when you have a dinner party and the kids all choose to act like little horrors and you feel like a right idiot.

I imagine the owners were sitting there going "Oh dear, pass the brandy..."

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

But the thing last night was, he said at the outset he didn't have a lot of details and people were asking for the tiniest details.

Dear OP. Do aliens have teeth? If so, what kind of toothpaste do they use?

Not actually, but close. AS IF he would know. God.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I have worked with others similar in fame, it might help to explain something here. When I say everyone wants a piece of them, I mean EVERYONE wants a piece of them. He has so much on his plate, Being a star is 24 x 7, there is no knock off time, plus trying to balance it all with a young family, he really only had time for short answers.
If he was a learned member of ATS he would have been able to do it differently but we have to accept he did the best he could.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Not to mention, some thought they'd get their 5 seconds of fame by trying to troll him....

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

But it's ridiculous trying to make it through all the paragraphs of either praise (I'm such a big fan!) or personal experience (When I was 12 I saw these weird lights in the sky!)…when that stuff is discussed here all the time, and what we really want to read is the ANSWERS!

Clicking the 'little green man' under each members avatar and choosing 'see posts in thread' option in the drop down menu allows us to view only that members posts in a thread.

a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Honestly, I feel the whole thing would be a lot smoother if we had an open poll perhaps hosted elsewhere, where members could suggest questions and everyone could vote on the most popular questions to be asked.

Everyone agreeing on anything is difficult in an open forum. Everyone has their pet peeve, question, more important than the rest.

edit on 12-4-2016 by intrptr because: reply

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

It felt a little bit like when you have a dinner party and the kids all choose to act like little horrors and you feel like a right idiot.

The difference being that we are all adults here and that since the topics discussed are very fringe and divisive, the AMA guest and everyone else should be ready for a colourful debate. No one insulted anyone else as far as i can tell. Jesus, we are grown ups on a f*cking conspiracy site, not litle kids that are being told to be nice to their Aunt Beryl wen she pops round for teas and finger sandwiches.

Right, i'm fed up of discussing Tom, that's my last reply about him. Have fun
edit on 12-4-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

But it's ridiculous trying to make it through all the paragraphs of either praise (I'm such a big fan!) or personal experience (When I was 12 I saw these weird lights in the sky!)…when that stuff is discussed here all the time, and what we really want to read is the ANSWERS!

Clicking the 'little green man' under each members avatar and choosing 'see posts in thread' option in the drop down menu allows us to view only that members posts in a thread.

a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Honestly, I feel the whole thing would be a lot smoother if we had an open poll perhaps hosted elsewhere, where members could suggest questions and everyone could vote on the most popular questions to be asked.

Everyone agreeing on anything is difficult in an open forum. Everyone has their pet peeve, question, more important than the rest.

I didnt know about that see posts option. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: nonspecific

The difference being that we are all adults here and that since the topics discussed are very fringe and divisive, the AMA guest and everyone else should be ready for a colourful debate. No one insulted anyone else as far as i can tell. Jesus, we are grown ups on a f*cking conspiracy site, not litle kids that are being told to be nice to their Aunt Beryl wen she pops round for teas and finger sandwiches.

I was only going by the amount of posts removed due to manners violations.

To someone that was not there at the time it did not look very adult but will refrain from comment as was not witness to the reasons for the removed posts.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Not to mention, some thought they'd get their 5 seconds of fame by trying to troll him....

EXACTLY what I thought and what I still think.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

At the very least, the guest needs to "quote" the member they're responding to in a given response.

Just "reply"ing is not helping anyone match answers to questions asked.

Admin should have covered that.

That was covered. In the answer, if you click on the name replied to it shows the question in a pop up.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
AMAs are supposed to be more conversational in format. People ask questions, the person being asked answers what they can. In the most expedient way possible. Some questions will be answered. Some will not. Almost none in great detail.

The OP of an AMA is not expected to actually prove anything. They have a body of work that people were supposed to at least glance at in advance. Most questions should be for clarification or asking for an expansion upon an issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join