It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today your paradigm will be shifted

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

You should join the writing contest. Link is in my signature. Your really good!

Thanks for your encouragement, Q. But nah....my story does not contain any of those motives the contest requires the story have to include. No doll-heads, no stairway with angel, no mirror with spider-web, not even trees. And to just include them in my next parts would be artificial and un-natural for the kind of story I'm telling here. Gothic motives do not inspire me much anyway. Sorry.

My story was inspired by a line a member posted lately. And the story continues because you said you like it. "Applause is food for entertainment" - Art Blakey.

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Moanin' :

www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-4-2016 by Willingly because: typos

edit on 14-4-2016 by Willingly because: refinement

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Today your paradigm will be shifted - Part IX:

Februar, 28. 2001:

Bill and Ken were sitting in small diner, owned by a woman who had a frensh accent. Ken was greeting her as if he knows her well. But she pretended as if he was a stranger. Ken was handing over a brownish looking envelope to Bill. "That's your new life", he said. Bill opened the evelope and looked that the content. A british passport, a drivers-licence, a birth-certificate and a college-degree certificate from some art-school in London. He opend the passport. "Ohhh", he said, "they made me older. I'm born 1957. My name is Thomas Sheerdon."

Ken replied, "don't worry. That matches your looks exactely. No offense, companiero. But you look exactly like as if you were born in 1957." Bill was looking at the papers infront of him and said, "well...chain-smoking isn't healthy. Everybody knows it."

"Bill, I need to do some back-ground check on your family, if you don't mind. That's part of the procedure." Bill said, "okay." "Tell me about your own family. Your mother and your father. Profession? Where do they live now? Siblings? How many? And what else is important to know for me and my friend Mo? You choose." Bill felt uncomfortable. He said, as neutral as possible, "my parents are re-tired. Both live in Florida now. My father was the chief of the book-keeping departement of a company that produces chemicals for stuff the ladys are using. Make-up and and lip-sticks and such. My mother was a pre-school teacher. I'm the youngest of three siblings. My sister is an office-manager in a marketing company and my brother is a dentist. Both have two children. My sister lives in Housten and my brother lives here in New York."

Ken was looking at some papers while Bill was talking. "Yes. That's what it says here. What about their religion?" Now Bill felt even more uncomfortable. "They are christians. My parents at least. My father is some sort of a conservative. My mother is more liberal. My sister? I don't know. She goes to some yoga classes. My brother is married to a jewish woman." Ken was sorting the papers infront of him. "Okay", he said, "what about your wife?" Bill looked at Ken, who today was more formal then the last time they met each other. Bill hated what he got himself into. "She's german. Her parents and siblings live in Germany. She has a degree in journalism and history, just like I have. She's working as a half-time german teacher now."

"What about her parents and grand-parents?", Ken asked? "Do they have a nazi back-ground? As far as you know?"

edit on 14-4-2016 by Willingly because: refinement

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Today your paradigm will be shifted - Part X:

"Bernadette's parents are both too young to be nazis. Her mother was born in 1945, I think. And her father in 1940. His parents came from a working-class background and have both very little formal education. Her mothers father was a social democrat from a very early age on. He's a master-taylor but is now re-tired. Her father's father came home from world-war II with no legs. And her mother's father came home from world-war II with no interest in conversation."

"I see", Ken said. "I think Mo will take care of it, Bill. I gotta leave now. We see us one more time next week. Don't call me. I call you."

Bill drove home from this meeting and kissed Bernadette and his little toddler Maggie good night, excusing him by saying he's having a pain in the stomac.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Today your paradigm will be shifted - Part XI:

"What's wrong, Bill? You can tell me. Please tell me." Bill knew that this would come up. He did not know what to say. He just hugged her. "I'm sick of it, Bernadette. I need to spend time alone on our boat. This story almost kills me. Would that be a problem for you?" Bernadette kissed his neck and said, "of course not, Babe. Do what ever you need to do. I'm fine."

A few days later Ken called and they, Bill and him, met in a restaurant Ken, once again, recommended.

"Your back-ground check was successfull, Bill. Mo is in. That means I'm out. Here is something for your wife. Give it to her as a gift. It's an amulett that contains something, but looks just like nice jewelry." Ken gave Bill a silver amulett. "Thanks, Ken. What's so special about it?" Ken lit a cigar. "It can detect where the one is who is carring it."

Bill was thinking about what Ken just said. "So? What's that good for?" Ken blew the smoke he just inhaled into the already oxygenless air. "It tells Mo if your wife is alive or not, in case you make sure she's always wearing it, Bill."

The next day Bill gave Bernadette a box. He smiled at her. No, he tried to smile and she grabbed the box like a child grabs a cone of ice-cream. "It's not my birth-day, Bill. What's in it?" Bill said, "just open it." Bernadette did as been told and pulled out the amulett. She opened it and in it were two pictures. One of Bill and one of Maggie.

"Ohhhh! How lovely!" She kissed him. "You like it?", he asked. "Sure! Of course!" Bill enjoyed her joy as much as possible, while feeling guilty as hell at the same time.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Today your paradigm will be shifted - Part X:

While Bill was preparing his boat for the ride, Ken was watching him. "Poor dude", he thought, "he just went for truth and is screwed now..." Bill looked at Ken and asked, "so...they'll pick me up with a helicopter when I'm out there? Are you sure they will, Ken?"

"I realy hope, Bill. There is no guarantie for anything. But I guess you know that already", was Ken's reply. Bill was not afraid anymore. Some strange kind of confindence had taken him over and he was as cool, calm and collected as one can be. His friend Richard came to his mind. The first time Bernadette was staying for the night at Bill's appartement, he called, and after Bill told him he has a new girl-friend who is german, Richard said to him, "good you got layed finally, Bill. But if you take a shower, make sure it's water."

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Willingly
Ok that was excellent! Really good.
What was the line the person wrote to inspire you in this way?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

What was the line the person wrote to inspire you in this way?

It was S.O., who wrote the phrase "today your paradigm will be shifted" in a thread about....some fella who wrote a novel...and...well....I got hooked and thought, "okay. I can do better."

That's all.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Well you should write this as a book and publish it.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Well you should write this as a book and publish it.

Dude! I drown in material already! Starting a new story, like I did here, is not helping me to edit and compile my older work...although...this may be some good excuse to not edit and compile all the other stuff I wrote for two years in a row by now without looking at it in a way it deserves to be looked at. I like writing. I hate to do the other things that come with it. And I just don't give a sh!t about being published. I send my stuff to some e-mail adress and that was it. I'm done. It's out there.

Please have mercy with me! I'm a writer who don't like editing!

Gimme a secretary! Devoted and with lots of spare-time and I'll continue writing....although I guess I'll do anyway. I'm such a one-trick pony!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Well now, if you are in Califorina come on to my place of work, I will have all your writing edited. Then you can write away!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Well now, if you are in Califorina come on to my place of work, I will have all your writing edited. Then you can write away!

Thanks for the offer, Q. But I live in northern Germany and my mother is getting old. I can't leave.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Today your paradigm will be shifted - Part XI:

Ken was sitting in a cafe, smoking a cigar.He had a sentimental moment, thinking about Bill and his wife. He ordered one more cognac and looked at the strangers, who were passing by, with an expression of contempt. He questioned his whole life while inhaling the smoke of his cigar, rolled on the naked and sweatty legs of cuban woman.

He had his mobile-phone laying infront of him on the bistro-table. Waiting for Mo to confirm that they, that fooking Bill and his loved ones, would be taken care of.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

anoter nette Zugabe zu Ihrer Geschichte

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

....nette Zugabe zu Ihrer Geschichte

Thanks. That's perfect german. Because you even bothered to spell "Ihrer" with a big I.

Hut ab, my friend!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Today your paradigm will be shifted - Part XII:

The phone was ringing while Ken saw a beautifull woman, holding hands with her child.

"Yes, Mo? ..........Good!...........Sure!............Thanks!", Ken said, put a few dollar-bills under the coffe-cup and walked away.

Bill heard the noise the helicopter was making and relaxed. "They come to pick me up!", he thought and prepared for it. "I'm not a sissy, assholes", he thought and light a cigar. The one Ken gave him as they saw each other for the last time.

A robe with some kind of cage was hanging on down from the helicopter. Bill grabbed it. "That was easy", he thought. "I hope the rest will play out that well also" was his last thought, before he got frightened because it was quite stormy now and the cage he was sitting in was shaking like a willow-tree.

edit on 16-4-2016 by Willingly because: refinement

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Today your paradigm will be shifted - Part XIII:

"Thanks! Really appreciated it you got my ass saved", Bill said as he was sitting near some dude in the helicopter, who was wearing some sort of uniform. The dude just nodded and continued starring at the night-sky.

"What's next?", Bill asked the guy. "Don't talk. You'll get your instructions later", the guy said. That made Bill also watching the night-sky, his hands folded in his lap. Saying a little prayer. "Thanks! I don't know who to thank! But thanks anyway!"

The next day Bill found himself waking up in a some sort of creepy room that had no windows. "I'm in a prison", he thought, while looking around. "Will that end well?"

The door of his tiny prison-cell opend and a men in a suit said, "get ready. Your lazy days are over now, Bill."

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Two more great ones!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Two more great ones!

Yeah, Q., now I know your trick: applauding me to get me going.

Ha!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

It works, your a great writer

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Today your paradigm will be shifted - Part XIV:

"Bill, we got you a job on a ship to Europe. As the second cook. Are you able to keep your # together and peel potatoes and fry them?" Bill nodded. "Good", the guy in the suit said, and handed him some envelope. "These are your papers. For your ride to Europe, London, to be exact." Bill once again grabbed some papers and felt like an idiot in a spy-movie.

Three weeks later a ship arrived in London's harbour. Bill was exhausted. He had to kill a few doves with some sort of a rifle, as some kind of fun sailors engage in. Just to not be discovered as a fraud. He felt guilty. Poor doves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join