It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fed - A Sinking Ship? The Lifeboats are Filling Up with Rats (ZeroHedge)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Title of Article:
Bernanke's Former Advisor: "People Would Be Stunned to Know the Extent to Which the Fed is Privately Owned"

Found this article and it raised a lot of questions for me - wanted to bring to ATS to share with other brilliant minds ZeroHedge

The article talks about how former Fed Presidents and former economists 'affiliated with the Fed' continue to discuss lack of confidence in the Fed - even in 'fringe' media outlets.

One such economist, Andrew Levin (former advisor to Bernanke, and Dartmouth Economics Professor) is the main focus of the article. He is discussing how the Fed should be a Public institution, and wants to bring 12 regional Fed banks fully into the government.

If you want to put on your tin foil hat and do some more digging, peruse the comments at the bottom. Many people are saying "this would be perfect timing for TPTB to "give the Fed back to the people" and walk away, now that those who have profited off of the system for so long see the ship going down. Then, with the help of the IMF TPTB can present a shiny new currency based on SDR, greenbacks are obsolete and they start the whole rigged thing up again on an international scale. Anyway, that's the tin foil hat-part, but I wanted to share it and suggest others peruse the comments for some great conspiracy theories

edit on 12-4-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I pretty much think you've gt the plan .....now s the time to get some Gold and silver , food and guns.....
Perhaps some medicine and toilet paper too

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Odd title. You are presuming anyone ever had faith in the federal reserve bank. You should start with support for that statement because it's ridiculous.

I'll wager a $ that 95% of US citizens can't correctly identify the correct statement(s).

1. The Federal reserve loans money based on collateral that is worthless
2. The Federal Reserve prints US money.
3. The Federal reserve is part of the Executive branch of government
4. The Federal reserve is the largest buyer and holder of US Treasuries in the world.

People don't know "jack" about the Federal Reserve. This is not an accident.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Changed my title...

You said it very well with

People don't know "jack" about the Federal Reserve. This is not an accident.

I found this out while reading "The Secrets of the Federal Reserve" and "The Creature from Jekyll Island"

So, as someone who is fairly familiar with the Fed and those behind it, what is your opinion on this whole situation? Are TPTB preparing for a big change in respect to the Fed, US Dollars, etc?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think perhaps ATS may be sophisticated enough to understand the basics.....
Intelligent enough to comment
And wise enough to take your derision with a modicum of maturity.....
We all know the federal reserve is not federal....
That they loan the US the money at interest.....
That the central banks of many countries are in fact in league with each other and that its a giant Ponzi scheme
And historically the best men of our history have fought against such an organisation being established....

Im more interested in the Dollar Stabilisation Fund....
this fund is said to total out at some twenty odd trillion....(I think it may be a little more than the total national debt....
This fund is the remnants and interest on the confiscated gold from the thirties....
The government controls this fund in secrecy and few really know it exists....
Perhaps they have plundered it already, but I think perhaps not.....

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

Thanks for your thoughtful comment - are you talking about the US Exchange Stabilization Fund, or is that something different?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I believe it may be called that....
I know it is to support the US dollar and they buy dollars to keep the value up.....basically...

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

And then we hear news about Goldman Sachs getting fined FIVE BILLION DOLLARS and not a single person is going to jail.

What in the honest F**K IS THIS CRAP www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Great find of an article.

I don't know..........the crooks in DC, i.e., the politicians, might not want to nationalize the FED. The beauty of the current arrangement is that when the SHTF, the politicians can blame the FED; if they nationalize the FED such that the gov't owns it, then some of the blame will naturally attach to them.

Another problem is that they nationalize the banks..........and then try to go to a one world currency, the US is so screwed it would hurt the US PTB really, really bad. The only reason the US can do what its been doing and can spend money regardless of trillions of debt is because the Dollar is the primary world reserve currency which means that the US can spend all it likes and just ..........print more money! If the IMF is printing the money, then the US would have to balance its books. We're talking about major Depression!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

When I think of the Fed (and how it is, or could be used), I think of this
www.investopedia.com...

The orchestrators behind it have benefited for almost a century, yet if SHTF, it would be a loss to the Public

new topics

top topics

join