It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will never be an Apocalypse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

You're right, I have found it a bit odd the book of Ezra was placed before Judith and both proclaim a victorious nation. It should've been taken out and places in order, after Micah and Zechariah, as God was suppose to bring damnation to Israel and then rebuilding his temple and so on.

It may be fictional and if so what's the point of having it in a religion that started before Christianity's? I see the 66 books of Christians as the false bible. Revelation chapter 22 States a curse on those who take away from his words.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

The review for the book of Judith on that website could be biased towards the West's view on catholism. Remember, the first bible was in Latin. Around Rome was that language dominant.

By this I mean, the book of Judith could be Divine as the other books not included in the Christian's bible.
edit on 12-4-2016 by luciferslight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Klassified

You didn't answer one of my questions
Hitler was semi religious, big fan of Darwin as well

Now, wanna get back to my questions, please

Didn't think so

I answered all of them that were relevant.. You misread my post from what I could tell, so a few of them were irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Well done Klass
Spread your hate and ignore any tough questions

You don't surprise me with anything

The religious are as bad as the non religious, sadly you can't see that
You are no better than me, sadly you are no different from a religious fundy

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
a reply to: ElementalFreeze

Will there be an apocalypse - yes i reckon so

will it happen in our life time - probably not.

The thing is that the promised apocalypse has the same time compression as the creation.

"One day is to THE LORD JEHOVAH as a thousand years, and a thousand years is as one day."

SO - either it went by at an incredible speed or it happens like molasses encapsuled in rock.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Well done Klass

You don't surprise me with anything

The religious are as bad as the non religious, sadly you can't see that
You are no better than me, sadly you are no different from a religious fundy

Alright. Lets try this again.

So why is it the non believers like Mao Stalin and pol pot doing the most of the damage.

Spoke to this, but what the hell. 5 Stalin's and Pol Pot's couldn't hope to match the damage religion has done in the past several thousand years.

Oh that's right, they were doing good weren't they

No they weren't, but at least they didn't use a deity as an excuse for their bigotry and hypocrisy.

Somethings you say Klass are somewhat bizzare

Again. Thanks.

If everyone believed as you do, enlighten me, what do you believe, what makes you so good, so wonderful

So here we are again. It is not I who thinks everyone should believe as I do, it is the religious who say...notice the quotes... "If everyone would just believe as we do, the world wouldn't be the way it is"...get it now? I am neither "so good" or "so wonderful". What do I believe? I stated it very clearly in my first post regarding the topic.

Don't you believe humans are cattle, what do you believe, what's wrong with exploiting the world, polluting it, modifying it, making money off of other people. You have an atheist bible.

1. No
2. Stated in my first post regarding the topic.
3. I'm assuming the next questions are rhetorical.
4. There is no such thing as an atheist bible.

What do you believe, the WE you described What

Are you intentionally being obtuse? See above. I explained WE there.

Whatever you like, no?

Ah, but it's not what some religion wants me to believe, so I'm a heathen, sinner, eternally damned, etc.

Well done Klass

Thanks.

Spread your bigotry, condemnation, and hypocrisy, throughout the world, and ignore the myriad of facts that show biblical history to be false many times over. Ignore anything that doesn't confirm your bias.

The religious are as bad as the non religious, sadly you can't see that You are no better than me, sadly you are no different from a religious fundy

Nice try, Lol. There is a big difference between us. The bible has been shown to be scientifically and historically inaccurate repeatedly, besides its other issues. Also, I don't need everyone to believe as I do. I don't need to assimilate everyone I come into contact with. I don't think anyone who doesn't believe like me is eternally condemned. Christianity does.

/END
edit on 4/12/2016 by Klassified because: As in finis

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Thank you for that. Being that the Apocalypse and Revelation go hand in hand I think any and all interpretations by anyone are appropriate. Personally or on a scholarly level.

I do have a different opinion on most matters than the mainstream but I always like hearing other interpretations because I do learn from them sometimes important bits of information.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I would have preferred to read this on sunday morning along with my
coffee and donuts!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I would have preferred to read this on sunday morning along with my
coffee and donuts!

Touche.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

You would enjoy the messianic and Apocalyptic prophesies in the Dead Sea Scrolls. Zechariah, Daniel and Isaiah seemed to be the most popular prophets of the Qumran community who have many insightful writings that are worth reading if you like to interpret scripture.

My favorite is the Eisenman/Wise uncovered edition(about 50 writings, short but intriguing and with commentary) and I am expecting any day now my Wise only edition which has an additional 70.

Qumran seems to be more than the peaceful Essene community it is likely that different factions of Jews were starting to unite against Rome like at Masada but a while earlier.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElementalFreeze

Thank you for that. Being that the Apocalypse and Revelation go hand in hand I think any and all interpretations by anyone are appropriate. Personally or on a scholarly level.

I do have a different opinion on most matters than the mainstream but I always like hearing other interpretations because I do learn from them sometimes important bits of information.

Here's an interpretation:

...someone (person/s unknown), under the given moniker John of Patmos (Patmos - an island of banishment)...perhaps exiled for beliefs - experiences chronic stress which elicits dementia...symptoms which include confabulation...

...that must be a revelation...

Å99

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It's amazing anyone could read the book of revelation and still worship said being. What a horrendous God. Sending pestilence and armies of horse like locusts whose sole purpose is to torture men until they want to die but cannot. Yeah that sounds like a loving and good god to me

If God were all good and all powerful he could actually manifest his presence among us now with a great miracle for the good of the world. I'm sure if that happened 99% of people on this earth would change their tune. But instead he has a plan for war famine and torture from mythical creatures.

Good thing he's not real and the whole book is a fable.

edit on 12-4-2016 by Joecanada11 because: Spelling error

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

One day is to THE LORD JEHOVAH as a thousand years, and a thousand years is as one day."

or this is a story and nothing more? just another option

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElementalFreeze

But Revelation was a coded message disguised as Apocalyptic prophecy and few have decoded its message entirely. It was never truly about the end of the world but about revealing a message to the recipients of the letters and anyone who may be able to figure it out in the future is a bonus.

This is incorrect.The book of Revelation is not a code about past present or future historical events.The answer is very simple and is stated in the 1st verse.

The unveiling of Yahoshua the anointing, which God gave to show his servants what had been given to soon occur, and he symbolized it when he sent by his messenger to his servant John who witnessed the word of God and the testimony of Yahoshua the anointing everything whatever he saw.Blessed is the one who reads and those who hear[understand] the words of this prophecy and keep those things that are written in it, for the time is near.

It is was a dream/vision John had.It is never stated if it happened one day or over a period of time.It reads much more like a dream journal than what people believe is a religious “prophecy”.John states from the outset what it is.

What Christianity(and may others because of Christianity) does not believe and more significantly know is what the name of Yahoshua means.They believe the name of Jesus has a super natural power when it is proclaimed(prayed,invoked etc etc) like an incantation(which is witchcraft).The truth is the name Yahoshua simply means Yahweh(the creator God the I will be what I will be) is deliverance /salvation.The unveiling is “what” this Yahoshua anointing(christ..the power of the creator God) will do according to the Good new Yahoshua and the apostles proclaimed(deliverance from Hades).

Yahoshua clearly stated to the disciples it had been “given” to ONLY them (the disciples) to know the kingdom(authority- rulership) of their heavens(mind).It was unveiled(revealed) as their “religion” was destroyed(as John will be shown later in revelation).The 1st sign was when Yahoshua asked the disciples “who do the people say I am?”.Their response was typical of the religious state of mind(Jewish for them)..you are a prophet which simply means in communion(communication) with the creator God which of course turned into religious belief and a multitude of religious doctrines for the Jews.

He then asked the disciples who do YOU say I am.Simon answered first and stated….”you are the christ the son of the living God”.Notice Simon did not refer to the scriptures(and neither does Yahoshua in his answer).Jewish belief was their Hamashiach(christ) was NOT the son of the creator God.In effect Simon did not know what he spake of and Yahoshua clarifies why when he says.

You are blessed, Simon son of Jona, because flesh and blood has not unveiled this to you, but my Father who is in[your] heaven.Also I say to you, that you are rock, and upon this stone[unveiling] I shall build my nation of people(eccelesia..church), and the gates of Hades will not withstand it.To you I shall give the keys of the kingdom of [your]heaven; everything that you will bind in the earth will have been bound in [your] heaven, and anything that you will release in the earth will have been released in [your]heaven.Then he ordered his disciples to tell no man that he is the christ”.

These verses were the foundation stone of the Roman Catholic church and are incorrectly interpreted by religious doctrine.Yahoshua is not stating there will be a new religion built upon his teachings(Christianity) and that Simon-Peter is to be it’s “leader representative”(vicar) as Catholicism believes.Yahoshua is clearly stating in context the religious(the people) believe in “prophets” of religion and writing to reveal and communicate with the creator God however it doesn’t work that way because the truth is communion with the creator God is “unveiled” to their mind through the authority of rulership (kingdom) by the creator God and there is no “religion” in it at all.Notice Simon-Peter did not say he “believed” he made a clear concise statement of “knowing” which is exactly what Yahoshua stated to them over and over.(if you continue in my word you are truly my disciple THEN you will KNOW the truth and then the truth will make you free”)

This is the foundation stone John receives the unveiling from.He had already been experiencing this for many many years as a process not an event(being saved by a religious belief).Yahoshua clearly stated the disciples were the only ones to be “given” to KNOW the mystery of the kingdom of their heavens because the father had chosen them(the chosen few) specifically to be not of this world(aion which means age). Christianity has extrapolated this to mean he was talking to ALL Christians when Yahoshua never states that nor do the disciples.They both state over and over only the father can unveil themselves to a person WITHOUT religious belief.

The disciples were baptized by fire (had their religion destroyed as in Matthew 7)The false doctrine of baptism is only religion and does not unveil it does the opposite, it blinds.When the disciples were baptizing it was the sowing of the seed of truth(preaching the Good news) for the destruction of a persons religion not building a NEW one.Religion is sand communion is rock.John had combatted this for many years.It was his “drinking of the cup” he was not expecting.When he documented what he knew he called this false religious belief the spirit of antichrist which means in place of the anointing.The first Christians were antichrist as are the Christians of today(with much more religious perversion).

This vision was given John to show him(and his readers) what the unveiling is to everyone else by way of metaphor.It is not a step by step process but a gestalt..an overall map.All of the ‘events” he saw in his vision will happen to a person in their “heavens”. Since the precise process cannot be known by a methodology it is drawn in a metaphoric allegory that was never written before or since.It has elements of other old testament scriptures however they do not line up the way the religious believe because there is nothing to “line up” into “historical events” as they believe.

John had already experienced the process of having his religion destroyed and the unveiling of communion with the creator God in this age.He experienced the 1st resurrection of Revelation 20 prior to physical death and he will not experience the 2nd death “after physical death of the the lake of fire cleansing(John is already clean..symbolized by the washing of his feet in John 13).

John is not trying to create a religious doctrine of prophecy he is simply “hearing”(which he states over and over) what is being communicated to him by the creator God and documenting because that is what prophecy is and a prophet does. There is nothing to decode.When the hearer “hears” he is being blessed because their religion(false beliefs) are being destroyed by the various metaphors of the “plagues”.

cont'd

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The bottom line is there is no reason for someone to “crack a code” that doesn’t exist.John is simply bearing witness to things that are to come to past of ALL of mankind who will have their religion destroyed and be resurrected to Life.The culmination of this is in Revelation 20 and is called the lake of fire(Yahoshua spoke of this in a parable also and called it the aion(age) fire.It is not Hell it is the 2nd death(the 1st is the body to all except the disciples).John and the apostles went through this type of death(baptism of fire) of their religion while living in the material realm before their physical death.The 2nd death for the majority of humanity is a tormenting(translated from the Greek word basanizo) which does not mean punishment by torture but to test (metals) by the touchstone, which is a black siliceous stone used to test the purity of gold or silver by the color of the streak produced on it by rubbing it with either metal.

The final culmination is the Good news that Yahoshua and the apostles proclaimed..Yahoshua..Yahweh is deliverance/salvation from Hades which means the realm of death(the grave) and imperception(religion).That means ALL of creation(including ALL of mankind) will be resurrected to LIFE(spirit).The sole qualification to be ressurected to LIFE is to be part of creation not believing and enacting religious doctrine.The construct of religion saving a person is completely false.The persons religion is what they are being saved “from”.There are no prayers or studying or enlightenment that will save anyone from their religion it only exacerbates it.The bottom line the creator God will deliver a person from their religion when the creator God wills not by their will.John states this clearly when he heard:

“He that hurteth, let him hurt still: and he that is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is just, let him be justified still: and he that is holy, let him be sanctified still”.

This reality is a bitter pill for the religious especially many Christians who are waiting in anticipation of the great cataclysm of their “Apocalypse”.They will continue to waste the life they have focusing on the monster God they believe is “love” but have created in their own image of hate.When they wakeup from the grave and are being tormented to cure them of their religion they will not be happy..much less happy than now…however at least they will be cured and unfortunately for them they will also suffer great loss for propagating the religious lies they proposed and supported in this life and cannot understand.

Religion is a very dangerous game.It is one thing to believe in a God that does not exist and another to not believe in a God that does not exist.The later are not encumbered with the biggest lie of a religion-religion religious belief they only have their Belief System religion.As Yahoshua stated woe to them (the religion-religious) that have caused little ones that “will” believe in the name of Yahoshua to stumble.The good news cannot be altered it can only be misunderstood as Yahoshua stated.

“For to one who has it, it will be given, and it will be increased.And from him who has it not, will be taken even that which he has, therefore I am speaking to them in parables because they who think they see do not see, and those who think they hear neither hear nor understand”.

on that note……

…”And when he testified these things, he said, “Yes, I am coming soon.” “Come, lord Yahoshua”.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

I disagree. The identity of the beast 666 is someone living in Johns day. Heavy emphasis is on the Asian churches, the churches under the apostles who turned from Paul. Heavy emphasis on 12 Apostles and false teachings all point to one individual who is a false prophet.

The destruction of Rome is also predicted and when it didnt happen Israelites Christianity was forgotten and the disciples of Christ ended up being the Romans, the ultimate irony.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Yes the apocalypse is happening and you will be happy to know that you can watch it live in beautiful IMAX on May 27.

Oh you mean the real one.....

edit on 13-4-2016 by OzManHero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The unveiling of truth, and the end of the Church.

It's about the end of religion.

The end of religion has already started. The Church is fighting against it, has been for years.

It will only get worse from there.

A recent poll showed that 0% of Icelandic people under 25 believed God created the world.

ZERO PERCENT!!

The next generation are rejecting religion! So 'The unveiling' (apocalypse) is happening!

It's just all too painfully slow.

We will see the end of the Catholic Church within our lifetimes. Thank 'God'.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The Catholic Church Was Suppose To Unite The Whole Of Europe Under Each Respective Monarch... Allowing The Monarchs And Nobles To Intermarry For The Good Of The Order.
Each Country Was To Rule Itself And Be Allies Of One Another. That Mission Has Failed.
Fire The Pope!

The European Union Is, IMO, A Work In Progress....
In Our Lifetime We May Yet See It Come To Fruition....

Why???? Because Race Is An Issue....

The Fall Of The Church Is An Apocalyptic Fortune And Can Be Of A Good Nature In Many Respects. BUT... I Am A Catholic. To Each His Own.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

I haven't gotten to know the later prophetic books of the Bible as well as the earlier books. I read it everyday in a year long process and I am on year 2 and this is when I really am learning, more information is being retained and the things that confused me before I now understand.

I have a different take on the book of Revelation. I think John had a true moment of Holy Spirit inspiration and encoded in the book the fact that Paul is not an apostle and is a teacher of false doctrines. The letter(s) is addressed to the 7 churches in Asia, the region that turned away from Paul because they figured out he was a devious false prophet.

Of course he couldn't just say it outright and have the letters passed around without them being destroyed and him too. Paul was friendly with a lot of powerful Romans. But if he could disguise the message in the ultimate apocalyptic prophecy about "Babylon", not use any names and not make it obvious, people will eventually decipher the message. The vision of new Jerusalem and the repeated use of the word 12 with the last one "the names of the 12 apostles of the Lamb" making it clear that Paul is not an apostle.

The congrats to the Ephesians forrejecting liars who say they are apostles but are not. He uses the plural apostles so he isn't mentioning anyone specific but the only person we can definitely say fits that description is Paul. Paul was especially rejected in Ephesus so singling out Ephesus is for rejecting liars who say they are apostles but are not is especially noteworthy.

You see what I am getting at? It's a coded message hidden in apocalyptic prophecy which was extremely popular at the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join