It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you dream in black and white.. or color? (or some other color....)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
What do you dream in?

I have always dreamt in color, however there are times my dreams will be in a neat effect, like a white and green shade.. to look dramatic, like saome music videos or experimental film...

I was told that if you dream in colors, that you supposedly have a very high imagination. I think this is total bullsh*t, but maybe some of these other color schemes in dreams might represent something else interesting.

Just a thought.

Anyone else have any theories on this subject?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
sorry, but what the hell are you on about?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I dream in color. I can't say that I've had dreams in black and white because I may have, but I don't remember. My emotions also seem stronger in my dreams.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
okay. can someone please tell me what this is all about?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisamatic
okay. can someone please tell me what this is all about?

You know - when you go to sleep you have dreams.

Are they in color or are they black and white. Or something else entirely?

Mine are also color, btw.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by quango]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
i understand now. at least somone answered me. i dream in colour.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenblob
Anyone else have any theories on this subject?

I've read different places that black&white is more common?

I don't know - i don't seem to remember ever having black&white dreams.

Does it mean something? Hard to say.
Could just mean black&white dreamers are less visually oriented. Less able to visualize things clearly when awake. Learn better through words or something.. that kind of thing...

*edited for clarity.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by quango]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
almost aloways dream in color and have manny details in my dreams .But Im so tired after dreaming I usaly need a vacation lol.
Ever control what your dreaming? ever change what your dreaming? ever decide what you want to dream befor you sleep and then dream it when you sleep? I have done all of this manny times .

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Simcity, I feel your pain. Recently, I feel so tired after dreaming. It feels like I never get any sleep because my dreams are so vivid.

I've had dreams where if I didn't like something about it I would "rewind" the dream, and replay with something more positive. It doesn't happen very often.

I've asked questions before going to bed, and gotten anwers. Anyone else experienced that as well.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeking Nirvana
I've asked questions before going to bed, and gotten anwers. Anyone else experienced that as well.

I have experienced that many times, even in the morning... when a person is relaxed, more energy is set for the operation of the brain. It is therefore easier to "recieve" very accurate answers for your questions , because your mind can boost up realizing circumstances that you would miss by ordinary thinking.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Anyway, I dream in colour. I can also feel (emotionally), and my awareness is active, just like during daytime. I am used to it.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I usually dream in color, i sometimes dream in black and white and other times i just dream of thoughts or words.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I too have heard that more dream in black and white...

myself, they've always been in full color. the idea of a black and white dream seems very strange to me...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
i dream in color, I've had a few lucid dreams where I was aware I was dreaming and flew around and stuff.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I dream in color. Full color, Color that is better than real life

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Nearly always tinted Black and White, kinda like old sepia photographs. If any coloured objects, say a blue car become an integral part of the dream, that colour will leap into life but the rest will remain B&W.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have been reading up about dreams just recently. I find them very intriguing, as we probably spend half of our lives dreaming.

Apparantly we dream in color all the time it is just that sometimes the dreams aren't as vivid as others and we forget the colors. The more vivid the colors in the dream the more likely it is to be a precognitive dream.

All colors have different meanings in dreams. Sky blue is a spiritual color and is associated with infinity as is white which is also associated with purity, brown can be associated with simplicity and earthy things, dark colors mean the dreamer is depressed or sombre, red and pink are the colors of love and red is for our emotions, yellow symbolizes intellect, gold symbolizes wealth, black symbolizes all things malevolent, green is the color of new life.

I could go on.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I usually dream in color, some definitely more vivid than others. I have had at least one dream which I remember distinctly because it was in black and white - it had this noir/horror movie type feel to it.

I've also, on more than one occassion, dreamt in ansi text as well, but I believe that to be a pecularity due to one of my hobbies.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I dream in color. So that means I am imaginative? I've never had a black and white dream when I think about it.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I dream in color. The dreams seem very real to me when I am dreaming them/
Often, the colors are muted and sometimes are dark. like at dusk. It may be because some dreams are of places I have really been, whereas others are dreams of places I don't think I've ever been IRL.

<<   2 >>

join