It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess who can't vote for Donald Trump in New York's primary

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

With Over a 50 Percent Approval Rating in Polling for New York State , I doubt Mr. Trump would Really need his Kids Vote to Win .

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TSefu

originally posted by: CrazyWater

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
I heard about that.

Are they delegates?

Not much of a biggie if they aren't.

If you actually read the article (which it looks like so far none of his supporters have) it would answer the questions.

Threads like this where his supporters dont even read whats directly brought to them are a perfect example of the mindset of people that vote for this guy

That would be great and super funny if the article completely made up trash. I tried to switch from Independent to Republican in January. You aren't allowed to change your registration up until march in NY that deadline is for new voters. I apparently needed to do it by October of last year. I got a letter from my election board to prove it and I did call to bitch. Please don't let the truth get in the way though.

Its apparently NOT made up Trash

Why is it that everything that happens TO TRUMP is made up and lies and isnt FAIR

But if hes the one doing it , its just , and right, and justified?

odd that

Jesus Christ, did you even read past my first sentence?

Well my name isnt Jesus Christ, Im female, but YES I did read it, which is the reason I responded.

I cant help it if you didnt articulate yourself in a way that conveyed the message you wanted.

As it reads, one cant tell if you agree with the article or not.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater

If you want your messaged conveyed you should probably calm down and not act like trump...

ranting and raving like a child just turns people off your message.

If you are willing to accept it or not, Cruz has done some pretty dodgy things this election, is this one of them? No... but that doesn't change the past.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I heard about that.

Are they delegates?

If you actually read the article (which it looks like so far none of his supporters have) it would answer the questions.

Threads like this where his supporters dont even read whats directly brought to them are a perfect example of the mindset of people that vote for this guy

That would be great and super funny if the article completely made up trash. I tried to switch from Independent to Republican in January. You aren't allowed to change your registration up until march in NY that deadline is for new voters. I apparently needed to do it by October of last year. I got a letter from my election board to prove it and I did call to bitch. Please don't let the truth get in the way though.

Why is it that everything that happens TO TRUMP is made up and lies and isnt FAIR

odd that

Well my name isnt Jesus Christ, Im female, but YES I did read it, which is the reason I responded.

I cant help it if you didnt articulate yourself in a way that conveyed the message you wanted.

As it reads, one cant tell if you agree with the article or not.

Article is false.
The quoted portion in the the OP is false.

I just told you I tried changing my party affiliation in January, well before the made up deadline of March. I've been on the phone with the local election board and NY State. If you want to be an obtuse dick and respond "nuh uh" then piss off. I'm just informing people with first hand knowledge that this is patently false. If you want to jerk Cruz off and attack anything Trump you can find 100 other people to take the bate. I'm responding to the article, if the truth is troublesome to you that's your issue.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: CrazyWater
Go back and reread some news. Oh , wait . Every single time Cruz has blamed it on his "staff".
Deny ignorance.

You obvioulsy havent read the news you speak about because that wasnt the excuse, thats the excuse that TRUMP has used "Oh that staffer didnt know"

Come on sweetheart dont try to sell your messiahs excuses onto someone else, thats called projecting.

Ill hold my breath while you come up with some actual valid things hes done , that werent completely wrong accusations out of Trumps mouth.

Trump likes to project too, thats why he calls him Lying Ted, because Donald lies at every turn.

Here sweety you look thirsty.

So , the release of Carson's being out of the race premature was Trump ? (and that was only one example)
I agree with Trump in that one respect on exactly what type of person Cruz is.
So , with that , please resist from posting out of emotion only .
Remember the famous Yoda saying :

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate.. to suffering"

edit on 102016301004201610 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I heard about that.

Are they delegates?

odd that

Because its all made up, said Bill Hicks maybe.

Seriously though, it is all made up.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I guess they're first time voters.

NY did do some sneaky crap by having such a moronic early deadline that no one knew about. A lot of people got screwed because of this.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I heard about that.

Are they delegates?

odd that

Well my name isnt Jesus Christ, Im female, .

Jesus Christ doesn't HAVE to be male ya know. The spirit dimension isn't into sex.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

You can only vote for the party your registered to. Independents or unaffiliated can't vote. NY is one of, I think, 11 states that is a closed primary.

It's stupid and people want it gone.

Assembly Bill A9661

Permits persons registered to vote, but not enrolled in a party, to vote in the presidential primary

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
gothamist.com...

An obscure bit of election law (Section 5-304) requires voters to change their party enrollment prior to the registration deadline for the general election in November the year before the primary, giving New York the earliest change-of-party deadline of the 11 U.S. states with a closed primary system. New York is also the only state among those 11 where the deadline doesn't fall within the same calendar year as the primary.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I heard about that.

Are they delegates?

No coz it doesn't matter at all if they vote.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
What I find utterly ridiculous is the fact that you have to register with any particular party in order to vote for whomever in said particular party.

You should just be able to walk into the damn voting booth, put your "x" beside whomever it is you want to vote for, and that's the end of that.

You should be able to vote democrat one day, republican the next day, and independent the next one after that... where the hell is freedom of choice whenever, whoever, and however you bloody well want to vote throughout the voting process ?!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

If you want your messaged conveyed you should probably calm down and not act like trump... ranting and raving like a child just turns people off your message.

Interesting comparison coming from one of his ardent supporters.

It would be ranting and raving if it wasnt backed by facts, alas it is not ranting and raving, because everythign ive said thus far is true.

You dont have to like my delivery , truth is truth whether you like its package or not

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I heard about that.

Are they delegates?

odd that

Well my name isnt Jesus Christ, Im female, .

Jesus Christ doesn't HAVE to be male ya know. The spirit dimension isn't into sex.

This isnt a theology discussion

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

So , the release of Carson's being out of the race premature was Trump ? (and that was only one example)

Im a fiorina supporter so I wont be voting, but to Cruz Credit, the FACTS are that they repeated a release made by CNN, dont believe it? Check the release and then what was ACTUALLY said by the Cruz campaign , it matches up. Again I guess facts dont matter.

I agree with Trump in that one respect on exactly what type of person Cruz is.

Yet there is no actual proof of that, and there is a plethora of examples of Trump outright lying. Please explain to me how you attempt to hold Cruz to this level of truthfulness , and yet you completely omit Trump from the same level of scrutiny?

After all there is actual audio and video of Trump saying one thing then within ACTUAL 10 min completely saying something different on a news channel. Come on now.

Dont expect me to believe for one second Trump and his supporters care about Truth and objectivity when they do not require it of their own candidate.

So , with that , please resist from posting out of emotion only . Remember the famous Yoda saying :

i dont have to , I post facts that can be backed up by a 2 second google search and the numerous threads on this website that have his actual quotes within minutes, days, and months of each other.

I have a better idea, how about Trump and his supporters actually take their projection, and turn it on themselves and see who is REALLY being deceptive.

But we all know that is not going to happen

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

You can only vote for the party your registered to. Independents or unaffiliated can't vote. NY is one of, I think, 11 states that is a closed primary.

It's stupid and people want it gone.

Assembly Bill A9661

Permits persons registered to vote, but not enrolled in a party, to vote in the presidential primary

Was just about to post the above, this is not an open primary which means no indi voters and this is great for Hillary very bad for Bernie as he tends to pull more of the indies.
edit on 12-4-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

They were not registered as dems. They are registered independent.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
What I find utterly ridiculous is the fact that you have to register with any particular party in order to vote for whomever in said particular party.

You should just be able to walk into the damn voting booth, put your "x" beside whomever it is you want to vote for, and that's the end of that.

You should be able to vote democrat one day, republican the next day, and independent the next one after that... where the hell is freedom of choice whenever, whoever, and however you bloody well want to vote throughout the voting process ?!

Because these parties can chose anyway they want to pick a candidate. Voting in primaries is a newer idea in American politics. For most of American history the parties just chose a candidate for the general elections. Now they use primary voting mostly although some state caucus. The state party can chose to do things however they want so long as they follow whatever rules the national party has. The general electing is run the by government and follows Federal Election laws. The parties however are private and subject only to their own rules.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

You can do exactly what you describe. That's the way it works.

Don't confuse these primaries with the actual election.

What's happening now is just the individual parties trying to pick who will represent them when the actual election finally comes in November. As such, Dems have no business in choosing who will represent Repubs, and Repubs have no business in choosing who will represent the Dems.

When the actual election finally arrives in November, rest assured that Americans can put their "X" beside whoever they want regardless of what party affiliation someone may have.
edit on 4/12/16 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: BIGPoJo
Are you sure NY is considered their home state?

Ivanka and her brother live in New York.

It's not the only place they live.

Its been covered many places...not some obscure story...and Trump himself explained they missed the deadline to register..So no...this is not some made up thing or spin story..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join