It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom DeLonge AMA

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

I couldn't care less if/what Tom was "feeding" anyone.
If you have a good nose for bs, as you claim, then sift through the info mud and learn to keep what is of value.
You can do that without being a dick, you know?

You can also just shut up and read (that's what I do) when I have nothing to add of substance.
Redundant mockery is redundant.
Respectfulness is apparently not the strong suit of some here

Oh well, it takes all types, I suppose.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

Does he belive in reptilians? Yes or no?

Why don't you ask the guy instead of me. I won't put words in his mouth as others do enough of that and I hate that sh*t.
Honestly, I don't think he is talking literally of "shape shifting reptilians", though he may be. What I get from it is more metaphorical and deeper. It is genetics, bloodlines, the possibility that there are varying "species" of "humans".....

But I won't discuss it with you. Your mind is made up and everything is either an all or nothing. No grey area, huh? Umkay...we're done here then.

Just try not to be an asshole and if you do participate in the thread, bring some substance rather than the snark and mockery, please.
I'm not telling you what to do, I'm asking you to be respectful....is that so f'n hard?

I love it. You tell me not to make up my mind about Icke just because he mentions reptilians but you make judgements about me based on my opinion of Icke. Yes...There is no gray area in anything, that's what I believe.. well done. You got me! (Sarcasm)

Ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

If you have a good nose for bs, as you claim, then sift through the info mud and learn to keep what is of value.
You can do that without being a dick, you know?

You can also just shut up and read (that's what I do) when I have nothing to add of substance.
Redundant mockery is redundant.
Respectfulness is apparently not the strong suit of some here

Oh well, it takes all types, I suppose.

The funny thing is you dont even know what i said in the tom thread. You are probably going to look it up now...but you don't know. Respect? I respect people just fine. There are countless people on here, mods included, i have great respect for. Respect is earned.
edit on 12-4-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I was appalled at many of the comments, and so glad to see posts being removed. Maybe a pre-existing rule for AMA's is needed. If you can't be polite and civil, you are post banned from that particular thread.

Since when is a person invited to share information they have researched, then expected to go in and be treated like crap by your hosts for sharing it?

I personally found all those baiting and insulting comments not only distracting, but thought the people were simply being egotistical in trying to one-up the OP. Simply used it as a platform to try to show 'how smart' they are. Ugh.

I cringed quite a bit reading some of them.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Good for you. I do.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thinking more on this....

Are there people really that thin skinned that a few hecklers and such "run them off"? I mean, the likes of Tom and others claim to be into a lot of the stuff discussed here, yet they aren't participating in debate/discussion about it before they come here?
That doesn't make sense.

They should be well aware of the ways of the net.. Why not just ignore it, move on, and discuss/debate with those willing to be respectful, even when/if they disagree fully?

Calling a person out for not bringing substance is not the same as heckling. "Denying ignorance" is the motto here....it's been well forgotten, it seems...but it is the site motto. Bringing opinions and telling us to be "grateful for them" and "not to complain" is not the way to go about it. Bringing facts and substance is.

I'm not asking for a million articles that "prove" something. For every "fact" I could find another claiming otherwise...Way of the world.
I do, however, want substance, thought food....something. Not just vague answers and very little actual participation.
I know they guy is busy, but damn....it was just a plug. I won't go there and say it, no...I have more respect for the site than that, but I will give that opinion here, because.......rant forum, ftw!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

It was a super cringe inducing thread. But not for the reasons you stated in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

It was a super cringe inducing thread. But not for the reasons you stated in my opinion.

I think you've made that abundantly clear.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Actually, no, I read the thread.
And I am saying there is no "grey area" for you in regards to something like the ideal of "the reptilian brain" etc etc...not an end all be all of you personally.

Don't take it so harshly, man. I don't know you. Besides posts I've read here, you don't even exist to me, and I to you.
Honestly, this whole freakin' conversation is ridiculous, drawn out, and redundant at this point. How about you do your thing, I'll do mine? Agree to disagree, or whatever the f**k...

And why do you care if Tom was [supposedly] bringing mis/dis information? Do you think others won't figure that out for themselves? The gullible gonna be gullible....those who read beyond the lines and look beyond the veneer will do so without your help....or do you think you are smarter and are "needed" to save people from dis/mis information? THAT assumption is what is ridiculous...lol

What is it they say....?
Something about those wanting to save the world and it just being code for ruling the world?.....yeah, sounds a bit like that.

ETA: About "respect" being "earned"...sure, I believe that as well. But there is a certain level of "respect" one can have, even for those they have disdain for or don't like completely, especially a guest. This whole "earn your respect" garbage is taken so far as to say that unless one "earns it", they don't have to have common decency towards another.....it's ridiculous.

...anyways, i'm done here. I have the freakin' flu, head hurts...too much typing....redundancy killing me...f it.
edit on 12-4-2016 by Jakal26 because: Pissin' in the wind

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
so what lessons have we learned from this 'AMA' and other Q&A by people with 'secret knowledge';

he knows does not speak, he who speaks does not know.

UFO'lites are right where they started before this amazing ama or book- nowhere in particular.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

So just to confirm that you think that David Icke is a "Nut case", that you have no respect for him and that your participation will bring nothing to the AMA with a well known author that has been invited here and kindly accepted and as such you will not be participating in the AMA as it is not something that interests you right?

Ive explained my position. Stop trying to bait me . Cheers.

I am not trying to bait you?

I am simply asking you to confirm that due to your previous comments and opinion on the next AMA guest that you will have no reason to enter the thread unless you intend to do a "bit of slight mockery" as you call it or spoil it for those that are actually looking forwards to what could be an interesting discussion.

A simple acknowledgement is all that is required? I fail to see how that could be "baiting" as your opinion on the matter has been made clear from the start?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Actually, no, I read the thread.
And I am saying there is no "grey area" for you in regards to something like the ideal of "the reptilian brain" etc etc...not an end all be all of you personally.

Don't take it so harshly, man. I don't know you. Besides posts I've read here, you don't even exist to me, and I to you.
Honestly, this whole freakin' conversation is ridiculous, drawn out, and redundant at this point. How about you do your thing, I'll do mine? Agree to disagree, or whatever the f**k...

And why do you care if Tom was [supposedly] bringing mis/dis information? Do you think others won't figure that out for themselves? The gullible gonna be gullible....those who read beyond the lines and look beyond the veneer will do so without your help....or do you think you are smarter and are "needed" to save people from dis/mis information? THAT assumption is what is ridiculous...lol

What is it they say....?
Something about those wanting to save the world and it just being code for ruling the world?.....yeah, sounds a bit like that.

ETA: About "respect" being "earned"...sure, I believe that as well. But there is a certain level of "respect" one can have, even for those they have disdain for or don't like completely, especially a guest. This whole "earn your respect" garbage is taken so far as to say that unless one "earns it", they don't have to have common decency towards another.....it's ridiculous.

...anyways, i'm done here. I have the freakin' flu, head hurts...too much typing....redundancy killing me...f it.

True, lets move on. We both made our points. I'm sure you and i will converse in another thread soon (i look forward to it) and you will see that im not as much of an assh*le as you think i am and that there are many gray areas in things for me. But i really cant stand bullsh*t or asskis*ing.

In my career both in animation and in the hotel business before, i have met a LOT of very famous people and have always treated them and spoken to them as i would anyone else. If anyone of them was talking rubbish, i would have no issue saying something. But i get the mods position too, hes an invited guest, they need the advertising, i get it...hes basically like my clients are to me. But since i have no stake in ATS, it means nothing to me.

Cheers mate
edit on 12-4-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

So just to confirm that you think that David Icke is a "Nut case", that you have no respect for him and that your participation will bring nothing to the AMA with a well known author that has been invited here and kindly accepted and as such you will not be participating in the AMA as it is not something that interests you right?

I am simply asking you to confirm that due to your previous comments and opinion on the next AMA guest that you will have no reason to enter the thread unless you intend to do a "bit of slight mockery" as you call it or spoil it for those that are actually looking forwards to what could be an interesting discussion.

A simple acknowledgement is all that is required? I fail to see how that could be "baiting" as your opinion on the matter has been made clear from the start?

Why does it matter to you if i say yes or no? You are baiting me into making myself look like an as*hole. Im not playing this game. Ive written enough here for people to understand where i'm coming from and if you think i'm wrong, then that's fine.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Why does it matter to you if i say yes or no? You are baiting me into making myself look like an as*hole. Im not playing this game. Ive written enough here for people to understand where i'm coming from and if you think i'm wrong, then that's fine.

My opinion of you is regardless not that I really have one.

My opinion of your intention in the up coming AMA however is.

I can only assume I was not invited to the meeting in which you were promoted to such a member status that you could decide who and who not would be a good personality for the management to go to the trouble of arranging an AMA with but I'm a busy guy and these things happen.

Lets move forward though eh as this is about as much fun as watching paint dry.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Lets move forward though eh as this is about as much fun as watching paint dry.

See? We do agree on some things!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It's not really Tom, or the posters, that made this AMA go awry. It's the structure of the AMA. And it doesn't have to be this way. Look at Slashdot (news for nerds site) Here's how the AMA works:

1. Question Thread starts.
2. Mr. X, Cool Person (tm) is going to answer questions.
3. Post your questions here.
4. End (i.e.: No answers.)
5. Questions forwarded to Mr. X.

6. Answer Thread starts.
7. Mr. X Posts his answers in full (not one-liners.)
8. Mr. X leaves. Job is done.
9. Reaction.
10. Mr. X MAY return--or not.

The way it works now--doesn't.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is like Lucy & Charlie Brown with the football.

Unrealistic expectations.
Questions were asked and answered. Unfortunately WE expected full-er answers.
WHOOPS!

No one anywhere at any time ever has answered any question with MORE information than they were willing too.
Simple as that.

Just because someone intimates that they "know more" doesn't ever mean they are going to spill the beans. Information is and always has been currency. We got what we paid for. AMA was free. Ponder that.

All this caterwauling and drama over format and cherry-picking guests is the result of unrealistic expectations. Changing the format will not result in a guest not cherry-picking their questions to respond to. We are going to get canned responses from whoever shows up due to again, INFORMATION IS CURRENCY.

We aren't the outlet, the maximized opportunity, the biggest bang for their buck in trading this info/currency.
Get over it!

Not slamming your rant Jacy, just saying this in general to the situation.

We got tossed some crumbs, if anyone expected more that's on them. Someone cleverly posted "the afterparty was special" or words to that effect, and it WAS! Several pages of removed posts! Ah.....the good old days of forums/messageboards!!!
ROFL!!

I'm not defending the guests, just saying this is the perfect example of when lowered expectations should have been accepted as normal and because they weren't now we have the classic "tempest in a teapot".

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

a reply to: liveandlearn

Yes, all those posters derailing. There were at least six first time posters in a row who starting page 4 who seemed to derail or ask stupid questions. I stpped looking after page 6. Seems like a planned coordinated attack. Makes one wonder why.

We should make AMA sessions only available to a post count of 20 or higher.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
About time you guys wasted a few pages with your repetitive twaddle by now.....
I just don't think you get it yet....but I had hopes....

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join