It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom DeLonge AMA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
I thought the ass kissing and fawning was cringe inducing. I did some gentle mocking. I'm not embarrassed about doing that but everyone who puckered up to kiss his behind SHOULD BE.

He's a band member who wrote a book. One of thousands out there and not supplying anything new and certainly not automatically deserving of the level of fawning he received. No...if Buzz Aldrin were to do an AMA...then I would understand. But seriously, Tom?

So will you show a little more respect for Mr Icke then.

He was just a UK footballer turned tv presenter who wrote a few books.

Or will you attempt some light mockery when another guest is invited?

Icke? What has he done to deserve respect? Hes a nutcase? No. I would not show any respect to Icke. LOL

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I thought the ass kissing and fawning was cringe inducing. I did some gentle mocking. I'm not embarrassed about doing that but everyone who puckered up to kiss his behind SHOULD BE.

He's a band member who wrote a book. One of thousands out there and not supplying anything new and certainly not automatically deserving of the level of fawning he received. No...if Buzz Aldrin were to do an AMA...then I would understand. But seriously, Tom?

Icke? What has he done to deserve respect? Hes a nutcase? No. I would not show any respect to Icke. LOL

So as you have nothing valid to ask or say to him then I assume you will show respect and stay out of the thread?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

While I don't agree with Icke like I might have years ago when I was new to a lot of info and such, I damned sure don't think (nor would I say) he is a "nutcase".

I think you're just repeating the mantra sold you by those looking to discredit him.
He makes some valid points, has nailed a few things, and makes for good "thought food"...

I think people want to jump on the "reptilians" bandwagon, put words in his mouth, purposely misinterpret what he has said about such, and just don't listen because it's so far out of their sphere of thought it boggles their minds'.

I, for one, think there is substance behind the idea. No, "reptilians" aren't "shape shifting" (Icke doesn't really say that, to my knowledge) but the idea that the "reptilian brain" exists in some, or that there are various "species" in regards to "humans" does have some weight to it, at least in my mind. It really does put some things into perspective and helps make sense out of some of the senseless sh*t we see some do for greed and power on this planet...stuff that a "normal" human being just wouldn't do and/or can't imagine.

Anyways, rambling now.

I agree with nonspecific on this part though....if you don't like the man and have no respect for him and have nothing reasonable or valid to add to that AMA, I hope you'll just read or ignore it and stay out with the snarky mocking garbage. Go over to fb or something for that crap. This isn't the place....it's toxic and non productive...nay, counter productive for those of us who care to listen and give the man a chance and don't want to spend our time reading dumb one liners mocking a guest.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Danowski

No, no they are not.
While the vocal majority are sometimes rude or crude and a bit blunt about some things, there are in no way "the majority of users"....wide brush painting serves no one but those that intend to attempt to stand above others (which is what you are doing with this comment)....

Some of the best minds' I've ever come across are here. There are many very friendly people here. There is good debate, which can get heated. I've even been a blatant asshole at times and had people respond nicely.

You let me know where a better place to discuss things such as the content this site is devoted to (which is growing, but I think you know what I mean).....you gonna head over to GLP and the like and claim it's somehow "better" or the users are "better"....HA! Sure...

Again, just
with the bs generalization.

(No one else told you, so I figured I'd take it upon my asshole self
)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

I thought some of the questions were interesting and well put. They deserved better than the response they got.

But, did I get this right? Tom badgered people with insider knowledge on sensitive subjects and then went straight out and wrote a book to spill all the confidential information that had been imparted to him.

Information that, presumably his informants had spent their careers trying to hide.

Did I miss something ?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This is the way even a regular thread goes, posters address what they are interested in and don't to what's already been answered.
JMO some of the posts were rude, but they are all over the internet. Most people with sense ignore it.

It's up to the questioner to dig in and post questions that are irresistible, thought provoking etc....if you want a conversation, least that's been my experience. Some of the replies were short, but none of us know if he was using a cell phone, laptop or whatever. Now a days people are so used to abbreviated communications his short replies didn't surprise me.

A short answer has as much credibility as a long one, just because someone doesn't expound on it doesn't mean in their minds it WASN'T answered.

My tiny beef was all the questions about Black Triangles. FFS it's been known for YEARS they are our military!!
The same with what tech have we back engineered.....even as a kid I knew Velcro and some others like Tang came from NASA!!! Again, JMO, but why waste time with such pedantry?

I'm already embarrassed I asked a question expecting to be spoon-fed some insider info, but to ask to be spoon-fed stuff that you can easily google for yourself??!!!
I face palmed myself so hard I have a concussion!!

edit on 12-4-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

While I don't agree with Icke like I might have years ago when I was new to a lot of info and such, I damned sure don't think (nor would I say) he is a "nutcase".

I think you're just repeating the mantra sold you by those looking to discredit him.
He makes some valid points, has nailed a few things, and makes for good "thought food"...

I think people want to jump on the "reptilians" bandwagon, put words in his mouth, purposely misinterpret what he has said about such, and just don't listen because it's so far out of their sphere of thought it boggles their minds'.

I, for one, think there is substance behind the idea. No, "reptilians" aren't "shape shifting" (Icke doesn't really say that, to my knowledge) but the idea that the "reptilian brain" exists in some, or that there are various "species" in regards to "humans" does have some weight to it, at least in my mind. It really does put some things into perspective and helps make sense out of some of the senseless sh*t we see some do for greed and power on this planet...stuff that a "normal" human being just wouldn't do and/or can't imagine.

Anyways, rambling now.

I agree with nonspecific on this part though....if you don't like the man and have no respect for him and have nothing reasonable or valid to add to that AMA, I hope you'll just read or ignore it and stay out with the snarky mocking garbage. Go over to fb or something for that crap. This isn't the place....it's toxic and non productive...nay, counter productive for those of us who care to listen and give the man a chance and don't want to spend our time reading dumb one liners mocking a guest.

Its very simple. The guy believes in replitilians, therefore , in my opinion he is not worth listening to. I dont understand this mentality that many here on ATS have

"Oh yeah, i don't believe what the guy says about Osmium pooping unicorns being in control of the worlds water supply, that's a bit far out, but he has some other good points"

What? Why would anyone listen to someone who spouts what they believe is rubbish? If you believe in reptilians, then good for you, go listen to Icke. But im not going to. About anything. I dont even care what else he has to say. The man believes in reptilians. In my opinion that means credibility= 0

And, sigh, im not seeking to discredit him. That would imply that i care in the slightest about him and i can honestly say that he is below what type of bolts are used in oil rig legs, in terms of how seldomly i think or care about him. I have no interest in discrediting a nutcase like him.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Yeah, waiting on some replies to the better, more articulated questions, was the only reason I bothered pursing that thread.
Tom could have answered with more than vague one or two line nothings. Even when he did give a lengthier response, he really said much of nothing. No substance, throwing out opinions (because that is what they are until SOME sort of proof is provided) and telling people "not to complain, to be grateful" and "you'll just have to trust me on this one" is not ATS quality. If random Joe Blow says that kind of stuff and brings those non-answers/vague answers he is laughed off here post haste....but no, the fanboys want to act like Tom was bringing substance. LOL

All the substance in that thread is from members here, whom I read thoughts/opinions/facts (when provided) from every single day, for many years now.

You'd think Tom would have got up to speed on the level of this site. Apparently he didn't and is used to dealing with the "less intelligent" ilk that something like his book and "docuseries" is most likely obviously aimed at. Not saying those who read it are that ilk, just saying, that's the target audience.

I mean, it's not like Blink was making deep music. I wouldn't even say Tom is a "rockstar"....their target audience was teens and very young college kids....goofy stuff, not a lot of substance (but still alright at times, I used to jam it a bit in the old days)....so, I guess it was to be expected.

He's obviously not used to dealing with a demanding crowd of those who want substance over fanboy fawning and taking someone's word because of who they are. Being famous doesn't make one credible here, at all. Respect is earned, and the "stop complaining and be grateful" comment just threw me right off to Tom. I'll be honest about that. It felt arrogant, and like he thought he could just get away with it because he's a guest and a "rockstar"...(but hey, years in the spotlight and all that, it'll do it to you, I guess)

.....I still wouldn't go in that thread and say this sh*t about him or to him. I give the guy a chance. Nothing there I didn't already know or think or question....

But, did I get this right? Tom badgered people with insider knowledge on sensitive subjects and then went straight out and wrote a book to spill all the confidential information that had been imparted to him. Information that, presumably his informants had spent their careers trying to hide.

Yeah...I noticed that as well.
I must be "missing something" as well.

Smells like something, to me....but I won't fully go there because the dude never even expanded on his thoughts/opinions/"knowledge" enough for me to get an idea of him and his thoughts....he just didn't bring substance and was plugging his book. It was profit driven, not driven by a search for truth. That, I can't get down with.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

So as you have nothing valid to ask or say to him then I assume you will show respect and stay out of the thread?

If believe that the person is trying to pull one over your eyes, as Tom was, then...no. I wont. Ill do as i damn please. Thanks . If you guys want to be taken for fools, thats fine, but i dont see any reason why i should stay quiet.

How about i do what i want (mods permitting) and you do what you want (mods permitting)?
edit on 12-4-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You've obviously never actually listened to Icke and have just listened to those spouting that "reptilian shape shifters" bs that those seeking to discredit him repeat....Works wonders, I see, as they have you hooked.

....clearly, Icke is actually going much deeper than that.
Actually, when discussing "the reptilian brain" and multiple species of "humans" he is touching on something that cannot and will not even be discussed in the current climate because it bleeds into genetic superiority and words that many will deem "racist" or whatever the hell PC thing they can toss out to shut it up.

I, for one, believe there are valid points behind it and it is massive thought food.
I never really listened to Icke much....and had never heard of him when I found him and found that he was touching on (not dead on, but touching) some things I'd thought about for many years and discussed with personal friends and family that are into such things......

Clearly, you seem to see the world in terms of black and white and material, yata yata.
I don't, and neither do many others...that doesn't make them "nutcases"....some of the smartest, most brilliant minds' to ever grace this planet have touched on these things, and often been silenced for them, or pushed to the fringe (like Icke)....

Some of the most brilliant minds' have also been a bit "nutty"....that doesn't make them complete nutcases. This isn't a all or nothing thing. But yeah, you go ahead with whatever it is you want to do. Go to that AMA and mock all you want, honestly, I couldn't care less and will just read and move on. I know where I can post this kind of stuff and where I shouldn't. It's called respect, something you obviously lack.

....damn, I thought I was harsh and an asshole....which I am.
Nice to meet a fellow asshole. Hope you can take all that you dish out. I can

P.S...

I like this rant forum. It's a nice place to just being non PC and say some sh*t and get some sh*t off one's chest.
Kinda cozy in here

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
[MASSIVE FULL-QUOTE OF PREVIOUS POST REMOVED]
There's no need to quote the entire post, especially when it's the post just above your reply. Please use the "reply" function instead.

Does he belive in reptilians? Yes or no?
edit on 14-4-2016 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

My last post touched on this.
I couldn't care less what you do. But I see you and I'm not paying attention when you can't be bothered to bring something of substance rather than just play fb style mockery and games.

You think you have it all figured out

the person is trying to pull one over your eyes, as Tom was, then...no. I wont. Ill do as i damn please. Thanks . If you guys want to be taken for fools, thats fine

I don't think that is the case, maybe so, but I don't personally think so. I just don't think dude was ready for the heat that will be brought when one posts to this site. It's heavy in here. You can't just bring non substance and attempt to sell your sh*t and expect everyone to love it and eat it up.

...I never asked to be spoon fed..I just thought the guy would bring a bit more "thought food" to the table than he did. He brought nothing. It was disappointing, but I wasn't really disappointed or mad because I really didn't expect much more. I was hoping to be marveled or to read something I hadn't heard about, etc etc....but it didn't happen.

But it's a bit rash to claim the guy was here to feed this community dis/mis information.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
[MASSIVE FULL-QUOTE OF PREVIOUS POST REMOVED]
There's no need to quote the entire post. Please use the "reply" function instead.

P.S...

I like this rant forum. It's a nice place to just being non PC and say some sh*t and get some sh*t off one's chest.
Kinda cozy in here

By the way I'm not trying to be an as*hole. That isn't my intention. My intention is to be be upfront in the face of bullsh*t. Now..yes, you may question what I'm doing on ATS since I don't believe in ufos or moit conspiracies, but that's beside the point.

If someone is going to claim something that is easily debunked or provides no proof whatsoever...then I'm speaking up and calling them out. You guts NEED people like me here. The ying to your yang.

edit on 14-4-2016 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

My last post touched on this.
I couldn't care less what you do. But I see you and I'm not paying attention when you can't be bothered to bring something of substance rather than just play fb style mockery and games.

You think you have it all figured out

the person is trying to pull one over your eyes, as Tom was, then...no. I wont. Ill do as i damn please. Thanks . If you guys want to be taken for fools, thats fine

I don't think that is the case, maybe so, but I don't personally think so. I just don't think dude was ready for the heat that will be brought when one posts to this site. It's heavy in here. You can't just bring non substance and attempt to sell your sh*t and expect everyone to love it and eat it up.

...I never asked to be spoon fed..I just thought the guy would bring a bit more "thought food" to the table than he did. He brought nothing. It was disappointing, but I wasn't really disappointed or mad because I really didn't expect much more. I was hoping to be marveled or to read something I hadn't heard about, etc etc....but it didn't happen.

But it's a bit rash to claim the guy was here to feed this community dis/mis information.

I dont think i have it all figured out. Of course not.
But I do have a very good nose for bulls*it. Was tom deliberately feeding you guts mis or dis-info? I don't know. All I saw was some guy who wrote a book from other people information and was providing surface skimming non answers to peoples questions. Everybody on ATS would hate this kind of thing if it was a rep from Sony trying to peddle their new 50 inch TV...so why accept it just cuz it's the same field of interest as you have? Don't worry he got his ass kissed enough...i can't imagine he's losing any sleep due to me asking if he believed in unicorns.

Oh and I'm not discussing Icke anymore. To me you may as well be discussing the crazy guy muttering to himself in the street. Same level as far as I'm concerned. Except one is a con man the other is a guy muttering in the street
edit on 12-4-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

So just to confirm that you think that David Icke is a "Nut case", that you have no respect for him and that your participation will bring nothing to the AMA with a well known author that has been invited here and kindly accepted and as such you will not be participating in the AMA as it is not something that interests you right?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

So just to confirm that you think that David Icke is a "Nut case", that you have no respect for him and that your participation will bring nothing to the AMA with a well known author that has been invited here and kindly accepted and as such you will not be participating in the AMA as it is not something that interests you right?

Ive explained my position. Stop trying to bait me . Cheers.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

You've obviously never actually listened to Icke and have just listened to those spouting that "reptilian shape shifters" bs that those seeking to discredit him repeat....Works wonders, I see, as they have you hooked.

Actually, when discussing "the reptilian brain" and multiple species of "humans" he is touching on something that cannot and will not even be discussed in the current climate because it bleeds into genetic superiority and words that many will deem "racist" or whatever the hell PC thing they can toss out to shut it up.

I, for one, believe there are valid points behind it and it is massive thought food.
I never really listened to Icke much....and had never heard of him when I found him and found that he was touching on (not dead on, but touching) some things I'd thought about for many years and discussed with personal friends and family that are into such things......

Clearly, you seem to see the world in terms of black and white and material, yata yata.
I don't, and neither do many others...that doesn't make them "nutcases"....some of the smartest, most brilliant minds' to ever grace this planet have touched on these things, and often been silenced for them, or pushed to the fringe (like Icke)....

Some of the most brilliant minds' have also been a bit "nutty"....that doesn't make them complete nutcases. This isn't a all or nothing thing. But yeah, you go ahead with whatever it is you want to do. Go to that AMA and mock all you want, honestly, I couldn't care less and will just read and move on. I know where I can post this kind of stuff and where I shouldn't. It's called respect, something you obviously lack.

P.S...

Kinda cozy in here

If someone is going to claim something that is easily debunked or provides no proof whatsoever...then I'm speaking up and calling them out. You guts NEED people like me here. The ying to your yang.

Sure we do! Springer and SO spend weeks arranging for a guest and they need someone to chase them off or be rude to them. And guests come over here to do an AMA and just love someone 'calling them out.'

Where's the logic here? Who do you think actually benefits from heckling visitors? Think about it!!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Does he belive in reptilians? Yes or no?

Why don't you ask the guy instead of me. I won't put words in his mouth as others do enough of that and I hate that sh*t.
Honestly, I don't think he is talking literally of "shape shifting reptilians", though he may be. What I get from it is more metaphorical and deeper. It is genetics, bloodlines, the possibility that there are varying "species" of "humans".....

But I won't discuss it with you. Your mind is made up and everything is either an all or nothing. No grey area, huh? Umkay...we're done here then.

Just try not to be an asshole and if you do participate in the thread, bring some substance rather than the snark and mockery, please.
I'm not telling you what to do, I'm asking you to be respectful....is that so f'n hard?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

That is all.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

P.S...

Kinda cozy in here

Sure we do! Springer and SO spend weeks arranging for a guest and they need someone to chase them off or be rude to them. And guests come over here to do an AMA and just love someone 'calling them out.'

Where's the logic here? Who do you think actually benefits from heckling visitors? Think about it!!

First of all..I wouldnt exactly call what I said heckling. He said the world is boring and i called him out in it. Arguably at first a bit more bluntly than i should have, by still...
And to use your springer example ...that's exactly what happens. They come on and get booed. If they answer springer well then they get booed less. Tom did not answer questions well...ge would have been booed a LOT on springer.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join